Author Topic: A minor request to admins/moderators  (Read 2353 times)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
A minor request to admins/moderators
Perhaps this is not the rightestmost place to ask this, but here it is nevertheless:

I updated my first campaign's (Renegade Resurgence) main file, but obviously, I have no control over most mirrors, including the one hosted here at HLP under downloads.hard-light.com/campaignlist. Could you please make sure that the file hosted here is the same as I uploaded to PenguinBombs? Here's the thread: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,24816.0.html

The file that is hosted here is under the word "DOWNLOAD", the right version is below it.

Also, could you replace "Ressurgence" with "Resurgence" in the thread's title?

Thanks.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Re: A minor request to admins/moderators
Good to know. :)

Will you get the new file on FSMods? ;)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Do I have the authority to do that as a non-moderator? I just reported a "broken link," believing that only admins can change the uploaded files.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
downloads.hard-light.net domain has not been active for over a year because of monthly bandwidth limitations. Any links pointing to that domain should be a dead end. So, may I ask what exactly you're after?

Campaign list is Skippy's project. I suggest you PM him about keeping the list up-to-date.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
What am I after? Someone changed the original download link to point to that domain. Since I did not know what it was, I supposed some of the admins mirrored RR here. That's why I asked to change the HLP mirror, because there is an update here. Skippy's Campaign List, is as far as I know, down, but it had an HLP-hosted version.

Now that both mirrors are down, it doesn't matter. Still, could I get the "Ressurgence" in the thread title changed to "Resurgence"? I'm removing all instances of this double s misspelling.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
If you created the thread, then you can change the thread's title by editing the first post.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Exactly, there's no problem with that. :nod:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Editing the first post will not change the thread's title, as far as I know. Last time I tried it, it only changed the title of the first post in the thread, which is not the same.

But let me see.

[EDIT]Ok, I checked it. I can change the thread's title after all. In a previous version of HLP, I couldn't.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 02:13:07 pm by TopAce »

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
So what's changed?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.