Author Topic: .pof to .blend Conversions  (Read 2023 times)

.pof to .blend Conversions
Not .blend to .pof conversions. There's a whole article devoted to Blends to POFs, but not the other way. I'm intending to make an HTL Nephilim, by starting with the original model, but I can't seem to figure out how to get it into Blender.

Does anyone know of a way to do this? Or have any other tips or comments regarding a HTL Nephilim?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: .pof to .blend Conversions
Open the .pof with a PCS2 version that supports Collada.  Save as .dae.  Import into Blender.

That's as far as I've ever really tried since I'm not a modeler and really don't know what to do once I get it in there.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Re: .pof to .blend Conversions
Pretty much what FUBAR said. You import it with the collada 1.4 importer, setting it to import 'new scenes' only. Unfortunately due to a bug in the importer, it creates 2 new scenes and doesn't remove the original, so in your top bar the SCE: dropdown will have 'Scene' (the original blender scene), 'Scene.001' (a completely blank one) and 'Scene001' which is the only one you want to keep. Delete the first two with the X next to each one.

Anyway, I've attached a zip containing a cleaned up .blend and the associated nephilim texture. Good luck.  ;)

[attachment deleted by ninja]
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities