Author Topic: A Humble Request  (Read 5048 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I'm burned out. I can no longer summon the will to play FSO for fun, much less for the mission-testing that I signed on to most projects to actually do. As such, I'd like to request that my access to various internals and testing forums be removed for the time being.

With luck, I'll be back in a couple months. If not...it has been a pleasure and an education folks. Stay safe.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Take care of yourself, and see you maybe later in a better time.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
;-)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 09:52:23 pm by High Max »
;-)   #.#   *_*   ^^   ^-^   ^_^

Offline Axem

NOOOOOOOOooooooo... Who will rip my campaign to shreds now? :(

Well take care!

:(

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
@NGTM-1R: You can just play some other games and then come back to FSO. Some of these games in the following link are games I enjoy that you can download: http://uprius.com/view.php?id=196792 They are shoot em ups. Give some of them a shot then come back later when you are ready to play more FSO.

That link looks interesting.
Shame most (all) the downloads are on raped****.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
We love you. Remember that.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Vrets

This man has class. From what I've seen, most people prefer to suddenly vanish without explanation.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Done.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
;-)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 09:52:36 pm by High Max »
;-)   #.#   *_*   ^^   ^-^   ^_^

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Oh for ****'s sake, you clot, shut up.

This nor the time, or place. If you two have issues, sort it out over pm. Let the man take a break without being a cock.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 02:33:45 am by Dilmah G »

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Trashman will love this. I can't say I mind either. I remember how NGTM upset me in the past.

Quote from: High Max
Quote from: kaloonzu
It is human nature to laugh at other peoples's frustration; its a psychological defense mechanism. The amount of frustration is often proportional to the amount of laughter.
No, I just think it means that person lacks compassion and empathy or brought up in a culture that teaches them to think it is funny. I don't thin it is funny to watch people get hurt on America's Funniest Home Videos. Also, a person who truly cares about you wouldn't laugh at you or at your pain. Maybe the people who do that should get clocked and see how they like it. I don't think it is funny unless I don't like the kind of person they are.

(...)

I refuse to believe it is human nature. It could also be called human nature to slap someone upside the head for laughing at someone's misfortune, of course there's something called self control and people can control laughter whether it is human nature or not, though self control these days is sorely lacking, and the problem seems to increase over time.

Your hypocricy apparently knows no bounds.

EDIT: In fact I propose a lock to this thread or maybe split, as this isn't the right time or place for discussing High Max's grudges and social inadequacies. The purpose of the thread has been served.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 02:40:30 am by Herra Tohtori »
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Best wishes, NGTM. See you around some day.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Damn, that's one less awesome person around. Later bro, hope you come back one day

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Amen.
* Dilmah G salutes.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Trashman will love this. I can't say I mind either. I remember how NGTM upset me in the past.

The month long ban you've just earned might upset you too.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Damn...if you leave, who the hell's going to obliterate n00bs in GenFS and add a voice of sanity to GenDisc? :(

Do what you have to, man.  If you need a break, then take some time off.  We'll be here ready to annoy your tactical sensibilities when you get back.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Shame most (all) the downloads are on raped****.

Removed the link because if safesearch is off, it's incredibly NSFW. - Flipside.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 06:18:38 am by Flipside »
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
That doesn't bode well if you have safesearch off AE, in fact, I'm going to remove it, because anyone at work who clicks that could end up severe trouble.

L8rs NGT, enjoy the break, and I know how you feel, when/if you're ready, let the Admins know.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Damn...if you leave, who the hell's going to obliterate n00bs in GenFS and add a voice of sanity to GenDisc? :(

So what does that make me? :nervous:

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
NGTM, you will be missed.  We all need a break, and it is good to take one.  I just hope that yours doesn't last as long as mine did.  Good luck in all you do bro.
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War