Author Topic: New theme issues  (Read 242778 times)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Whenever a thread is locked, on the forum topic list that particular topic turns white-ish. Unfortunately this makes it almost impossible to see what the topic title is, who posted it, etc without opening it.

Although this had been fixed a while back, I revisted the issue and further adjusted the colors of locked topics, specifically darkening the background a bit further and greying out the text and link text.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Fixes:
- Having scrollbars for overly long sigs rather than the current 'expands on mouseover' would be nice, as the longer ones actually obscure posts below them (and in one case, several posts below them). Your own sig is a minor example of this, being long enough to obscure the quote button for the post below yours.

+1 to losing the mouseovers on the sigs, they're massively annoying, more so than having your scrolling get bogged when you wind up over one when scrolling down

I've implemented a CSS3-based (read: modern web browsers only) solution to the sig issue. They won't expand when hovered unless you hover over them for 1 second or longer. However, this kind of delay in CSS3 can't be combined with the signature height automatically adapting to the contents, so even short sigs will expand after being hovered over for 1 second. Also, extremely long sigs might not expand far enough to be fully shown. This aspect I consider a hidden blessing, as it may encourage people to shrink their sigs to fit.

Then again, maybe not. :)

Lemme know what you think of this solution.

EDIT: I should also mention that while IE9 expands the sigs, it does so instantly, without any transition or delay. If this bothers you, switch to a better browser. :)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
I'm going through my theme to-do list, trying to knock off some of the smaller issues since I only have until the kids wake up from their naps... :-/

The drop down text when you are searching for a name when sending a pm is the same grey on lighter grey that the code boxes used with the added bonus of the selection text being white text on a light grey background.

I can't seem to figure out how to get the dropdown you mentioned; is it completely broken now? :nervous:

Appears (or doesn't, actually) so. No longer getting a box up when typing in a user name in PM's, or in Member Groups. (Basically, any input "pop-up" where it would list an "auto-complete" selection is either no longer "auto-completing" or no longer "popping-up").

Additionally, Message input boxes no longer seem to be re-sizable (such as the Quick Reply box I'm typing in now) **Edit: But when I "Edit" this message, the message editor text input box is re-sizable.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
I'm going through my theme to-do list, trying to knock off some of the smaller issues since I only have until the kids wake up from their naps... :-/

The drop down text when you are searching for a name when sending a pm is the same grey on lighter grey that the code boxes used with the added bonus of the selection text being white text on a light grey background.

I can't seem to figure out how to get the dropdown you mentioned; is it completely broken now? :nervous:

Appears (or doesn't, actually) so. No longer getting a box up when typing in a user name in PM's, or in Member Groups. (Basically, any input "pop-up" where it would list an "auto-complete" selection is either no longer "auto-completing" or no longer "popping-up").

Additionally, Message input boxes no longer seem to be re-sizable (such as the Quick Reply box I'm typing in now) **Edit: But when I "Edit" this message, the message editor text input box is re-sizable.

Would just like to confirm that the auto-complete appears to be broken for me as well.  I haven't send any pms in a while so I don't know how long it has been broken.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Um.. why do all of the signature boxes extend WAY down even if the signature is really short?
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I've noticed this too.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
using opera mobile 10 on windows mobile 6.5, code boxes don't have a box, rather they are posted in full albeit in code style. very frustrating scrolling past an FSOpen debug log or three.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Um.. why do all of the signature boxes extend WAY down even if the signature is really short?
...so even short sigs will expand after being hovered over for 1 second.

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
:/ Can't really say I like that implementation. I don't like the delay being as long as it is, and the non-variable height is really a pain. Also I'm against limiting something to newer technologies on principle. Just my two cents.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
...so even short sigs will expand after being hovered over for 1 second.
All sigs expand instantly on mouse over for me in Firefox 3.6.15.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
It's CSS3-based, and the Firefox 3.5 family doesn't support some CSS3 elements, according to a Google search.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
 :sigh:

I made my sig short specifically so that it wouldn't ever cover the necessary message functions below the post...
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
It's CSS3-based, and the Firefox 3.5 family doesn't support some CSS3 elements, according to a Google search.

Then that should be a strong hint for doing an update, yes?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
They expand instantly for me in Firefox 4, too. :p

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
They expand instantly on Chrome as well (because I'm posting this on my IBM, which runs it).
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Using FF4, the sigs expansion-after-wait works fine for me. Mongoose, try refreshing?
And, I like it this way. Okay, the box expands over the title of the post below (not even over the actual post!) - but if it does, that's because you're looking at the sig anyway, not the post.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
On Firefox 4, I feel a very short delay, no more than one-third of a second, between an entire signature showing up and my cursor hovering over it.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:

Then that should be a strong hint for doing an update, yes?
I will use FF4 once all of my add-ons are supported.  Which will probably be in a week or two.

Also I have been getting this error
Code: [Select]
Permission denied for <http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com> to call method Location.toString

Line 0
On some pages.  The ad at the top of the screen is for a Dell Poweredge R310.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Using FF4, the sigs expansion-after-wait works fine for me. Mongoose, try refreshing?
Where or what exactly am I supposed to be refreshing? :p

...and now it's working.  Weird.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Ah, now I'm getting the possibly intended "expand" effect and 0.5s delay for signature boxes.
My blog

MP-Ryan