Author Topic: New theme issues  (Read 242635 times)

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Under the "Active Reports" section in the moderation center, the three available action buttons regarding moderator abilities are still not showing up, and there's no tooltip. I'm loathe to start clicking on stuff in case I accidentally explode someone's post, could we please get this fixed? :)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
It may also be worth noting that "Help" isn't working.
Code: [Select]
Unable to load the 'manual' template.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Is it just me or did the interface change.
I can't find the reply button anymore...
Can I have it back the old way (like how it was uh...yesterday?)

Cause now all there is is a massive list with a checkbox, and all I can do is delete messages.

Or am I just ****ing blind and
a) its been like this for a while
and
b) i'm so blind i can't find the reply button
?

[EDIT] Maybe this should be merged with Theme Issues?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 01:35:51 am by Droid803 »
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
This has already been said. A lot, in threads in this forum and likely the Theme Issues thread itself. So yeah, it's a known bug. Also you type funny
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 02:30:28 am by Hades »
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
[EDIT] Maybe this should be merged with Theme Issues?
Yes and it's been mentioned several times here already.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I thought I'd fixed that already. Huh. I've bumped it to the top of my priority list.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Linking to posts still ain't working...

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Is there a way to, (or could it be added) just go to the last undread post in a thread? I know when you click on a thread from the main forum view (where it shows latest post and what thread for the board) it will take you to the last unread post. But when you are viewing a specific board your options (as far as I can tell) are view first post, last post (button on far right), or skip to a certain page (using the numbers).

I'd like a button that will take me to last unread post because I find myself clicking to go to last post and having to search back all the time.

(Perhaps we already have it and I have no idea...?)
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Is there a way to, (or could it be added) just go to the last undread post in a thread? I know when you click on a thread from the main forum view (where it shows latest post and what thread for the board) it will take you to the last unread post. But when you are viewing a specific board your options (as far as I can tell) are view first post, last post (button on far right), or skip to a certain page (using the numbers).

I'd like a button that will take me to last unread post because I find myself clicking to go to last post and having to search back all the time.

(Perhaps we already have it and I have no idea...?)

If the forum thinks that you have unread posts it will put a little "new" tag next to the thread title that it thinks has unread posts.  This appears in every view that I have seen.  You can click on the image, which will take you to the first unread post.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
 :banghead:

I never once thought to click on that little "new" tag...

:nono:
    :blah: <-me

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
undread

This is now one of my favourite words ever.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter

Offline Qent

5 pt limit broken? Test.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
5 pt limit broken? Test.
I like my small text though.
The size limit existed purely for lazy people >.>
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Yes leave it as it is, I was missing the feature anyway back when it was blocked.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Qent

Oh. Well I like the 5 pt limit because I interpret it basically the same as anything smaller while still being able to read it comfortably. :P

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Another problem:

The unfinished theme has been spewing thousands and thousands of errors to the HLP forum error log, making it impossible to diagnose any other error.  So, finish the theme!!

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I don't know if/how this could be addressed.. it's also not an 'end-all' issue.

All of my mobile phone browsers are severely limited when using the forum because of how the links pop up on mouse-over to quote and whatnot. My phone has no way of causing those to appear.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yeah, I think several people have requested to get rid of the mouse-over.  It's too annoying.

Unfortunately, we're at the mercy of Sandwich's schedule. :p

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
The unfinished theme has been spewing thousands and thousands of errors to the HLP forum error log, making it impossible to diagnose any other error.  So, finish the theme!!
Already reported like a month ago.
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=73324.msg1471886#msg1471886

In the last two months there has been very little improvement in the theme, which makes us all sad. I'd go as far as to say that HLP really needs an active web designer. While we all can and will appreciate the effort Sandwich puts into his work, this non-existent schedule really does not work out because there's like bajillion issues still waiting.