Author Topic: [Attachment deleted by Ninja]  (Read 1187 times)

[Attachment deleted by Ninja]
So there I was, looking for the table fixes that ensured that BP2 could be played on a non-widescreen resolution. And there they were! A helpfull fix posted by a helpfull project member, soon to alliaviate my issues so I could play this classic game!

Except that the attechment had been deleted by a ninja.

This, off-course, raises several questions:
1) Why are ninjas allowed to room freely on our server mainframe?
2) Why is this process in place exactly? Surely a small table file would not impact the server?

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Re: [Attachment deleted by Ninja]
So there I was, looking for the table fixes that ensured that BP2 could be played on a non-widescreen resolution. And there they were! A helpfull fix posted by a helpfull project member, soon to alliaviate my issues so I could play this classic game!

Except that the attechment had been deleted by a ninja.

This, off-course, raises several questions:
1) Why are ninjas allowed to room freely on our server mainframe?

How exactly would you propose we stop them? :P

2) Why is this process in place exactly? Surely a small table file would not impact the server?

Probably not, but the system doesn't differentiate small and large files, and unlimited lifetime attachments have caused problems in the past (hence the adoption of the ninja system). It's been general practice for a long time to not use (and generally discourage the use of) the attachments system for anything that isn't a definite short-term only file - whoever posted it should have known better.

[EDIT]More detail from Fury,in a very similar thread: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=86869.msg1736132#msg1736132
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp