Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 308786 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: What are you working on?

Geeez... Something is wrong with normalmaps.

To be finished and released before next ice age.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

Obviously WiP but it had to happen. One day or another :P. It even uses original UV by FSF. Now I just need to make proper normalmap for it.

Edit:

And with new normalmap!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 01:11:58 pm by Nyctaeus »
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

That is a very pretty ship.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

...and the Silenus :).

Both will be released when I'm done with shield icons.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
May I reign in this thread again :P?

Basicly I started something infuenced by Anan from OTT modeldump...

But it quickly become something different xD. This is terran-shivan hybrid interceptor. One step further of researching shivan technology after Loki.

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
May I reign in this thread again :P?

Basicly I started something infuenced by Anan from OTT modeldump...

But it quickly become something different xD. This is terran-shivan hybrid interceptor. One step further of researching shivan technology after Loki.

Yes you may, so long you pay the appropriate tax of neat looking ships :p
[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

It looks like the Anan and the Ladiel (also OTT) were having a child together... so cute...

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I was gonna say it looks like a cross between a Myrmidon main hull without the stub wings, an elongated Perseus cockpit and neck, with a bit of Vasudan with the inward-curved engine baffles.

An impressive design nonetheless.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

:D

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I really like the design of that. It's different than a lot of what I've seen around here before.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

It also looks a bit similar to the GTF Persephone (HTL Banshee) from BWO. So this is rather an athmospheric craft?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Similar to this, similar to that... Jesus guys, Loki and Anan were only things I had in mind :P.

No, she is probably not atmospheric capable craft.

But its a really nice ship after all. :nod:

The funny thing is, I can see it as either a warship or a fighter. How's it scale?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
The funny thing is, I can see it as either a warship or a fighter. How's it scale?

Something like 25m.

Ah, no, I meant, would it look good scaled up to ~Fenris size? Because in the screenshot you posted, my first thought was that it was a warship, until I realized it was the same interceptor from before.

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
Good grief, how do you get all this stuff done so quickly? You've put out a ton of awesome content lately, and what with the semester beginning and all...

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Good grief, how do you get all this stuff done so quickly? You've put out a ton of awesome content lately, and what with the semester beginning and all...
Thank you! Whatever I do here is just a part of my overall work. I share my modelling time between HLP, 2 gaming projects and sometimes other commissions. If I have a break from work, I execute my will to bring you folks the best stuff I can make for usage in potential projects. In short: I love modelling, I hate idling and I hate wasting time.

...and no. I actually do have social life :P
Ah, no, I meant, would it look good scaled up to ~Fenris size? Because in the screenshot you posted, my first thought was that it was a warship, until I realized it was the same interceptor from before.
I doubt so. It has lots of details distinctive for fighters, especially cockpit. This one is for upcoming Starwolf's project, but if I have a moment I may make cruiser sized ship in the same style.

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
Thank you! Whatever I do here is just a part of my overall work. I share my modelling time between HLP, 2 gaming projects and sometimes other commissions. If I have a break from work, I execute my will to bring you folks the best stuff I can make for usage in potential projects. In short: I love modelling, I hate idling and I hate wasting time.

...and no. I actually do have social life :P

I just wish I was that productive.  :p

But hey, you're doing what you do best. Thanks for making awesome community stuff!

EDIT: Incidentally, are you allowed to tell me what gaming projects you're doing modelling work for? I'd totally like to see your work for other projects.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
You are too kind, man :P

One is space-sim with similar mechanics to FS, but with original universe and more dieselpunk theme. Second is 4x RTS space game. Unfortunately I'm unable to reveal more details so far.