Author Topic: BP: Age of Aquarius - The Director's Cut discussion  (Read 139777 times)

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
Re: BP: Age of Aquarius - The Director's Cut discussion
;-)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 10:11:14 pm by High Max »
;-)   #.#   *_*   ^^   ^-^   ^_^

No, in WiH you fight as a pilot of the UEF.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
;-)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 10:12:09 pm by High Max »

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
It's been confirmed from several members of the BP team, as well as at least one video (that Fury AI demo, I think) that the player is a pilot of the UEF.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
That doesn't seem to be the case when I watched the WiH battle of Neptune trailer.

The Battle of Neptune is not a part of the War in Heaven campaign proper. It's a standalone single mission.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i was under the assumption we would continue flying as sam.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Spoiler:
Would make sense, since Sam jumped ship.

Spoiler tags in the unlikely event someone hasn't gotten that far.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
The WiH player character is someone else though.

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Just finished AoA for the first time.  Really, great job guys!  This is definitely one of the best FS mods I've seen—only STR rivals it for quality.  I'm thoroughly pleased with AoA and can't wait for WiH to come out.  The only mission I had any trouble with was The Great Preservers—the Arbiters wouldn't attack the Moloch after completing their waypoints.  I gave the order to destroy the Moloch before the Arbiters arrived and took out the fighters and bombers myself to pass that one.

Ran really well with no problems... Used the 3.6.12 Inferno build for Linux with the Black Market addon and the advanced textures/effects.  The huge Carina Nebula skybox knocked my framerate down to 30 or so in Preserving the Balance, what with the Ravanas and everything.  The rest of it ran pretty close to the framerate I get with FS2 campaign + mediavps: 70 to 120 throughout the whole thing.

No, in WiH you fight as a pilot of the UEF.
i was under the assumption we would continue flying as sam.
The WiH player character is someone else though.
I take it we won't be playing as Sam Bei, then?  Hope he at least makes an appearance—maybe as squadron leader or something...
----
My Bandcamp | Discord: Kopachris#0001 | My GitHub

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I take it we won't be playing as Sam Bei, then?  Hope he at least makes an appearance—maybe as squadron leader or something...

I suspect he's more valuable to the UEF in some other capacity.

Unless they're really screwed.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
;-)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 10:12:23 pm by High Max »

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
That doesn't seem to be the case when I watched the WiH battle of Neptune trailer.
That's because I did up the Battle of Neptune to give the GTVA some kind of face to put with the voice. And I'm also a devout GalTev supporter, as the rest of the team can vouch for.  :D

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Well, if the GTVA wins, which seems likely, then I hope the Beis and the Sanctuary stay in one piece, and if the Sanctuary doesn't, then at least its inhabitants survive. Of course this campaign might do something unexpected and make the GTVA lose or even something less expected, and I try to expect the unexpected in life, movies, and games.
Really?  I'm more inclined to think that the UEF would win, seeing as that's who we're fighting for now.  I thought most people expect the player's side to win.  Guess I'm the only one...

Still, some thing unexpected...  Maybe a coup in the GTVA somewhere toward the end of the campaign, just as the UEF is about to be crushed.  :nod:
----

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Oh, BTW:
Well, if the GTVA wins, which seems likely, then I hope the Beis and the Sanctuary stay in one piece, and if the Sanctuary doesn't, then at least its inhabitants survive.

You seem to assume that those refugees are still on board the Sanctuary by the time WiH starts. That would be wrong. You are also assuming that an old Destroyer, that spent the last 50 years in a nebula and was converted to a giant freighter, would be kept operational. That would be questionable.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 07:46:45 am by The E »
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
And I'm also a devout GalTev supporter, as the rest of the team can vouch for.  :D

I'm sure that alone is enough to make you worthy of being part of the BP Team.

You know, with all the hype surrounding WiH, I was half-expecting an actual divide to form in the community.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I was half-expecting an actual divide to form in the community.
It means BP has done something right. :)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
And I'm also a devout GalTev supporter, as the rest of the team can vouch for.  :D
I'm sure that alone is enough to make you worthy of being part of the BP Team.
Sometimes I'm sure the other guys must wonder what on Earth made Darius want to give me a BP badge. :P

Offline Avatar

• Beet Taster
And why would anyone assume the player character's faction would win in a Freespace campaign? :D

FS1: The SD Lucifer jumps all over the universe with steel toed boots and Earth just barely avoids getting crisped with a giant space blowtorch.
FS2: The Shivans accidentally the whole Capellan system.

Ummm... hurrah? In fact we should be saying that the UEF being the protagonist's faction in WiH to be a pretty dire forecast for their fortunes indeed.

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter
And why would anyone assume the player character's faction would win in a Freespace campaign? :D

FS1: The SD Lucifer jumps all over the universe with steel toed boots and Earth just barely avoids getting crisped with a giant space blowtorch.
FS2: The Shivans accidentally the whole Capellan system.

Ummm... hurrah? In fact we should be saying that the UEF being the protagonist's faction in WiH to be a pretty dire forecast for their fortunes indeed.
Yeah, dire forecast, but victory in the end.

FS1: The SD Lucifer is destroyed just before reaching Sol, saving the human race.
FS2: The Shivans are trapped in Capella, saving the human race (again, for now), and we now have the tech to go back to Earth (so long as there're no bugs in the meson reactor).
WiH (my prediction, anyway): Lots of battle and dying on both sides, UEF is about to be dealt a crippling blow, but the player manages to get them through and neutralize the GTVA threat (somehow).
Of course, the emotional impact of the destruction of the UEF by the GTVA could be a powerful device to spawn BPIII with, just like the end of AoA was.  (I've worked for the GTA/GTI/GTVA for fifty years.  How could they turn evil like that?! :eek2:)

Either way, though, I can hardly wait until WiH is finished. :D
----

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Ticking along smoothly. Very good progress of late.