Author Topic: BP: Age of Aquarius - The Director's Cut discussion  (Read 139777 times)

Re: BP: Age of Aquarius - The Director's Cut discussion
superior mod in both design and gameplay ... and a helluvalotta fun  :lol:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Hey, Fury, do you want to post a separate notice about the patch or somesuch? Just so people know.

For reference, the patch includes - alongside many gameplay and mission tweaks - new techroom entries on the Aeolus, Deimos, Orion, Hecate, Leviathan, Fenris, all Terran fighters and bombers, multiple other Terran ships, the Vishnan primary and secondary weapons, the Fusion Mortar, FighterKiller, and Shivan Cluster, and two new never-before-seen techroom intel entries on the Vishnans. It also includes the complete text of 'The Reunion' and 'Balance of Power'.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Hey, Fury, do you want to post a separate notice about the patch or somesuch? Just so people know.
I don't think it is necessary. Release topic and discussion topic should be enough for a minor update like this.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
If players want to read the new Vishnan entries without re-completing the campaign, ctrl-shift-S on the intel screen will do the trick.

Offline -Norbert-

Since the little misunderstanding from before has been cleared I have found another something in the Hercules II entry.
The modernized, hybrid spaceframe offers enhan mounts deep ordinance bays...
Looks like the sentence was changed, but a few fragments of the old one remaind. And it should be ordnance not ordinance.

And the BFBlue shows up in the tech database, but has no entry (at least in my german installation of FS2).

The tech-entry of the Aeolus has me trembling in fear already "rapid response five teams". I wouldn't want to get too close to five Aeoluses at once....
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 05:24:30 pm by -Norbert- »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The term "rapid response five" means that these things are on alert to jump out into combat on 5 minutes' notice or less, not that 5 of them would be deployed at once.

Believe me, these things are really bad enough if they are alone, or operating in a pair, five of them would kill every fighter coming at them (probably).

As for beams without entries showing up, that's simply due to the game showing you _every_ weapon, even those that only exist as placeholders.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline -Norbert-

But only if you hit crtl+shift+s, right?
I didn't do that. It showed up by itself after finding the escape-pod in earth orbit (maybe it was there before too, didn't check that).
And so far it's the only undescribed weapon unlocked in the Techroom.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Two errors in Herc2 tech entry were fixed and BFBlue no longer appears in tech room. Both will be in the next update, whenever that is released.

Is that it? Are tech entry goofs all the problems you people can find? Come on, try harder! :D
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 01:51:26 pm by Fury »

Offline -Norbert-

What about my little suggestion with the planetkiller theme for the Lucifer cutscene? I really think it's fitting the mood better than the main theme.

And I did just notice a tiny little something. In "Frankenstein's Monster" the demon did some rather odd manouvering after it jumped in, untill it got it's course set for the Duke when I played the mission the first time. First turning up then making a roll, and when it pointed towards the Duke on the X-Y plane it started it's engines, slowly leveling off towards the duke on the z axis as well.... rather hard to describe.
Anyway this also caused the camera angle during the "blue death scene" to be rather odd.

When I tried to replay the mission (twice), it turned completely normal. I have no idea what went wrong and can't reproduce that little glitch....
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 05:57:36 pm by -Norbert- »

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
What about my little suggestion with the planetkiller theme for the Lucifer cutscene? I really think it's fitting the mood better than the main theme.

And I did just notice a tiny little something. In "Frankenstein's Monster" the demon did some rather odd manouvering after it jumped in, untill it got it's course set for the Duke when I played the mission the first time. First turning up then making a roll, and when it pointed towards the Duke on the X-Y plane it started it's engines, slowly leveling off towards the duke on the z axis as well.... rather hard to describe.
Anyway this also caused the camera angle during the "blue death scene" to be rather odd.

When I tried to replay the mission (twice), it turned completely normal. I have no idea what went wrong and can't reproduce that little glitch....

The Demon probably missed a waypoint, shi* happens.
el hombre vicio...

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yeah, there are a few things where missions will seemingly glitch on one playthrough and work perfectly on the next. We have no idea what's causing it either.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Snail

• SC 5
...Ghost in the machine...

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Reminds me of the Phoenicia, which can get destroyed if it gets beamed so hard that its hull skips 4%.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Qent

Reminds me of the Phoenicia, which can get destroyed if it gets beamed so hard that its hull skips 4%.
Oh that's how that works? Heh.

Offline Echelon9

Yeah, there are a few things where missions will seemingly glitch on one playthrough and work perfectly on the next. We have no idea what's causing it either.
I've had a sneaking suspicion for a while that there are a few variables which get set and used during a mission, which are then not reset correctly upon starting again. I know for instance that countermeasure count is not correctly cleaned up in all situations.

I haven't had a chance to look with any great detail at this problem -- but just to let you know it is being worked on.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
You want weird bugs?

Well on my second playthrough of BP using the same pilot I created for the first time (fist time I used Fury's IA mod, the second one was the normal BP:AoA director's cut release) in the series of missions hunting the Duke I got swapped from a Perseus fully loaded to a brand new Erinyes almost empty of secondaries and down to 34% hull, on the second jump I was still on an Erinyes but this time I had more missiles.... odd right?

Proof:

I've said nothing because the frikking bug would simply not happen again (I have the felling this is one of those weird bugs that never happen..... Y2K ... )
el hombre vicio...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
My suspicion is that red alert missions should just never be used.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I thought the Red Alert bug was fixed already.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I thought the Red Alert bug was fixed already.
Red alert doesn't just have one bug  :p
That ship always got destroyed for me
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Well, it never got destroyed on my end, so there you go.
My blog

MP-Ryan