Author Topic: jTBLEdit  (Read 6420 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
CSV might be easier, faster, and less prone to incompatibility errors. :nervous:

I've had good luck with OpenCSV.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Cool. XD

I dunno, having "Name" show up reminded me of the days when I used to muck around with Red Alert 2's... rules (their "tables") using an application... and nothing was obvious at first glance. Or was it not Red Alert 2 or some other game... ugh, I can't remember really. :doubt:

Obviously I later got around to editing the text files manually with Wordpad, but in a way that app helped me get a rough idea of what (most) of the text in them rules files meant. IMO FSO is better documented, all the more so with a wiki, but who knows where the next wannabe modder for FSO will start from.

That said, what's the export to spreadsheet for? I have not yet experienced "proper" beta testing and release of a mod so I don't know the usefulness of an export function. (and no i'm not being sarcastic, i honestly don't know.) I've only done one OpenOffice spreadsheet for some weapons, and that one was pretty much manually typed, I'm not well-schooled on office suites anyway (be it MS or OOO).
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline m!m

The spreadsheet is useful when you want to balance weapons and/or ship stats so you only have to modify one value and the rest would be calculated. Fury explained it in this thread.
I have also attached a zip containing two exports of the retail ships.tbl in CSV and XLS formats.

[attachment deleted by admin]