Author Topic: Wip  (Read 21572 times)

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
ohhh cmon guys it isn't that high poly, althought not viewing the wireframe it's hard to tell how much edges have been used for the rounded bits, so it could go from acceptable polycount to billions triangles...
anyway I don't see much strange in a 2k triangles fighter thesedays

btw gank.. very nice work;)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2004, 03:43:46 am by 433 »

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
oh, and gank already is an expert modeller:p

Offline c914

• www.scfi.pl
Originally posted by Nico
with the HT&L source, it's supposed not to be a pb having high polys ships. As for not seeing the fighters well enough, well, some people don't play on a 14" screen and can see them very well :p

i've got 10" ( PLUS minus 7":D :p ) and i realy dont see difrent betwn rounded cube shape cannon and cylnder shape if im abut 15 meters near the ship.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
10"? :wtf:
anyway, yeah, for the gun barrels and stuff like that, I agree, but for the rest, no. FS fighters are too obviously very low poly for nowadays standards.
SCREW CANON!

Offline c914

• www.scfi.pl
10" it was joke:rolleyes: :p :p
ive got 17"
With FS  fighter i agree:D  but if they had better quality texsture they shood look much better.

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
I, for one, LOVE to see any FS1-era ships remodded into hi-poly versions. Especially the V ones. And you can add little own touch for it - not too much, but enough to make the model shine. Small things. And I guess you can add detail as much as you want to something like Seth without losing the original feeling. That's a cool WIP.

Everyone's making their own huge behemoths (corv/jug/des/omfgitshuge frenzy), but remodeling old classic canon ships is IMHO :cool:. ****, I need to start to polish my n0n1337 TS sk1llz and start to remodel Horus and Apollo. Seeing those things in hi-poly versions would make my day.
lol wtf

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
I'd make the anubis, but nobody would give a damn about it :p
SCREW CANON!

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
:eek: @ people who don't recognise the Seth.

The Seth might be my favourite fighter in the whole FS universe. I love it. :)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Gank

StratCamm: Cockpit is correctly sized, the angle of the shots throwing you off.

Nico: Hull lines yeah maybe, see what the polycount is for what I've planned to do first.

Bobbau: 1700 ish atm, probably finish up between 2500-3000. Tris

c914: I'm doing a high poly seth because I want to. If you want high poly cap ships make em yourself. And lods are there to prevent slowdown with more than one on screen. I will try the Hatseput at some stage though, love that ship.

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
yeah, the hatseput is probably the coolest capship of fs2 imo

Offline c914

• www.scfi.pl
Originally posted by Gank

c914: I'm doing a high poly seth because I want to. If you want high poly cap ships make em yourself. And lods are there to prevent slowdown with more than one on screen. I will try the Hatseput at some stage though, love that ship.

Do what ever you want:nod:. I just post here my opinion abut all hi poly fighters and bombers.
BTW model realy looks god:yes: :D

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
The issue is the same as it used to be with high poly missiles c914.

As Gank already precisly pointed out in his post - LODs are your friends.

Excelent work BTW.

Nico - the TVWP would give a lot more than a damn if you've done that.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by KARMA
oh, and gank already is an expert modeller:p

He did that **** hot rebel corvette thingie for the SW mod, didn;t he?

Er, yeah - very nice.  :nod:

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Ok, what happened to you guys? You forgot the Seth? How?! :D

Lol, and it looks great, though :) good work!

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
no:)
corv  is mine, he did the assault frigate, and many other models for SWNR (Star Wars conversion for Homeworld).
While homeworld may have different requirements than fs2, it still require modelling skills as usual:)

Offline redmenace

Just a comment. I don't mean to be a jerk, the thing about community created high poly models is that they never seem to get finished. Like the Mjorlin(I think that is right). I am just hoping that these can get finished. I know you all have other projects+real life. but just a comment.
I love the in take vents by the way.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Nice work, Gank!

What did happen with the Hi Poly Mjolinir?  The last I saw DG and a couple of others were having a go at texturing it, zako, but that's the last I heard of it, zako.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
Originally posted by redmenace
Just a comment. I don't mean to be a jerk, the thing about community created high poly models is that they never seem to get finished. Like the Mjorlin(I think that is right). I am just hoping that these can get finished. I know you all have other projects+real life. but just a comment.
I love the in take vents by the way.

there have been so far
mjolnir -mikhael (as far as I know it's finished)
herc- bobboau (I think it's already finished too)
fenris- me and vasudan admiral (VA finished texturing she, and is sitting in my hard disk waiting for me to find the time to tweak a couple of things)
-aeolus in progress
-seth in progress

Offline Gank

Redmenace, its low priority atm compared to other work, the models near done though and I've had a few test runs at the textures and cant see any problems there so it'll be finished at some stage. I started it a while back as something to do when I got sick of sw ships but to be honest it gives me more headaches then they do.

c914 I know what your saying but I've never done a fighter and wanted to have a go at one.

Nico: Anubis?? Why dont ya pick something easier.

Btw has nobody ever started a project to upgrade all the original fs ships? I know theres a team called freespace upgrade but that seems to be a remake rather than facelift.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2004, 01:31:39 pm by 723 »