Author Topic: PCS 2 Wishlist thread  (Read 26242 times)

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
PCS 2 Wishlist thread
Didn't see one already, and I have some features I'd love to see so I figured I could kill two stones with one bird

1) The ability to see how glow-points and thrusters will actually look in PCS2, which makes it easier to glow-point and set thrusters, as there's a lot of going in-game to check. This should, ideally, be toggleable at any time, as it's easier to get positioning right with the little ball in PCS2 now, and it's better to determine what size it needs to be if its the actual glow-point, as the ball we have now is terrible for knowing how big the glow-point will actually be.

2) Normal mapping in PCS 2. Nuff said. Not really a big deal but it'd be nice to have.

3) Slightly more transparent bubbles, including the thruster, primary, secondary, and glow-point bubbles (or what I called balls earlier). This is for both a selected and non-selected bubble, which means its also easier to get placement right because you'd be able to see the surface it's placed on easier.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Re: PCS 2 Wishlist thread
:yes: to hades

also

Please can he have this looking into, multi-parts are still a pita.

another thing while I am thinking about turrets please can we have an option/button to generate the following in the properties of sub objects starting with turret in the name when the properties is empty.
Code: [Select]
$special=subsystem
$fov=180
$name=GunTurret

lastly can we have an option in turrets to generate a "turret" and a fire point for each sub object in detail0 beginning with turret
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

My wish for PCS2 is to support more Model formats, especially 3DS and Blend.
Audio Converter of Enigma Campaign 2666:
http://enigma.de.to/

German translator of WC: Hostile Frontier:
http://www.ciinet.org/kevin/wchf/

My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FekLeyrTarg?feature=mhee

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
3ds and blend support is pointless though?
Max and Blender both export to DAE...

+1 for normal mapping.

I'm pretty happy with PCS2 though, it does pretty much everything I want it to <3
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline CMDBob

Have you ever actually USED the built in Max DAE exporter? Suffice it to say, it sucks. (Luckily there's OpenCollada.) Other model formats would be nice. What would be cool is the ability to hide subobjects in a model, so if there's something in the way, you can temporarily hide it to just see what you're doing.

Especially more transparent "bubbles" for squad insignia placement.  As it is, the selected vertex bubble is totally opaque white, so you need to deselect it to see where the point is. 

3ds and blend support is pointless though?
Max and Blender both export to DAE...
The DAE Export in the newest Blender has been broken.
Audio Converter of Enigma Campaign 2666:
http://enigma.de.to/

German translator of WC: Hostile Frontier:
http://www.ciinet.org/kevin/wchf/

My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FekLeyrTarg?feature=mhee

Offline Droid803

:/
I have nothing to say except that it's blender's fault.
And that they should fix it.
(´・ω・`)

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature

I dunno if this needs to be on the list, as maybe I'm just missing something. But bounding boxes on objects (when the object is at a "tilted" aspect of the main body) still run parallel to the models center line.

Example of this: The new Charybdis. We have children sub-objects in Radar Dish domes. They successfully rotate independently even with the dish itself rotating. But because the bounding box for them is parallel to the main body, the rotation is not to their plane but the models center line plane. Which means they then warble up/down through their respective domes when rotating.

Feel free to split this post for further discussion of it if it doesn't fit with this topic, but I'd really like to know how I could go about fixing this.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Droid803

Uh, I think the fact that the objects x-forms are reset (thus all the boxes being "upright" is a good thing (cause otherwise stuff gets really screwed up).
The rotating subdish thing should be more of a SCP thing, to allow off-axis rotation (ie, defining a normal vector along which the object rotates instead of just X/Y/Z), but what do I know?
(´・ω・`)

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken