Author Topic: Yet another stupid question  (Read 1639 times)

Yet another stupid question
So for today's installment of "Kestrellius is a total noob", I'm asking a quick question. How do you lock loadouts for certain fighters? I have a case where Gamma is a hostile wing, and it's...fairly important that the player not be able to alter their loadout willy-nilly. (Both because then they could just send them in with terrible equipment, and because Gamma has weapons equipped that the player isn't supposed to have.)

I know it can be done; it shows up in retail a few times. But after looking pretty extensively through all the various options that might be relevant, I wasn't able to find anything.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Re: Yet another stupid question
In the ship editor, go to initial status, check 'ship locked'
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Axem

Alternatively, if you want to not have Gamma in the loadout screen at all (to maybe not tip your hand at something funky going on with Gamma), you can go to the mission specs editor, bring up the custom names dialog and remove Gamma so it is not in the Starting Wing Names section. Only the wings named in that section will be available for loadout selection by the player.

Of course, either way is fine. :)

In the ship editor, go to initial status, check 'ship locked'

oh is THAT what that does

I assumed it did something like ai-play-dead, since all the other options there are things like turret locked and does not move and so on.

Alternatively, if you want to not have Gamma in the loadout screen at all (to maybe not tip your hand at something funky going on with Gamma), you can go to the mission specs editor, bring up the custom names dialog and remove Gamma so it is not in the Starting Wing Names section. Only the wings named in that section will be available for loadout selection by the player.

Of course, either way is fine. :)

I think I prefer having Gamma there, and showing up in the wings on the HUD. You know they're hostile going in, and that you'll be fighting them (or at least that it's likely). I think having them present in the loadout screen, equipped with scary weapons you can't use, will raise tension.

Anyway, thanks!

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
oh is THAT what that does

I assumed it did something like ai-play-dead, since all the other options there are things like turret locked and does not move and so on.
Fairly sure everyone thinks that at first (I know I did).
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
I think I prefer having Gamma there, and showing up in the wings on the HUD. You know they're hostile going in, and that you'll be fighting them (or at least that it's likely). I think having them present in the loadout screen, equipped with scary weapons you can't use, will raise tension.
Well, in that case I'd assume that Gamma is launched from the same flight deck the player is... If they're friendly in the beginning, sure, it would work nicely, but if they are going to be hostile from the start of the mission, that might be... strange.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Yeah, I guess that's true.