Author Topic: Janus revisited  (Read 20254 times)

Offline Miburo

• The Janus
    • Tales of EAS Janus
I have come to a conclusion that I am left with no other choice than close down this project.

Main reasons for this is lack of my time and lately intrest, also support that I have received wasn't helping in significant amount. However I am thankful for those who helped me on course of this revival project, thank you.

I am sorry that this ended this way  :sigh:
Lady Rose, survivor of VWBB with 1198 post, lost somewhere along the line

Creator of Tale of EAS Janus campaign
Mod leader of FWW2 - Finland At War 1939-1945 for Armed Assault

Offline starlord

Is there not simply a way to put this project in hibernation? I've seen in this thread several persons willing to help with this. Perhaps they simply need more time. several mods like machina terra or the scroll are also like this.

Janus has too much to offer IMO.

If it can be of any help, I can try to send a few PMs to the interested parties to ask about their opinion on the question...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
That's a pity Miburo. If I didn't have so much on my plate already I'd definitely have offered to help as I enjoyed working with you on MG.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline starlord

Remember that some campaigns took long before being updated by fans (even sometimes without the original author). Take crucible for FS1... :D

Hope is always here. :nod: and knowing that janus 1 is one of the rare completed campaigns occurring during the minbari war is I think enough that several people will not want it to be forgotten. and since the janus 2 script is also taking place in an uncovered period... ;7

Offline Miburo

• The Janus
    • Tales of EAS Janus
Thanks kara, I do know how busy you are and I certainly don't have any delusions that you would be free of them soon  :p

Remember that some campaigns took long before being updated by fans (even sometimes without the original author). Take crucible for FS1...

Problem is not fixing broken stuff, but the fact that its completely unplayable as it is now, it requires almost complete rewriting of missions. I do have mission scripts incase somebody somewhen decides to take on this project,

Offline starlord

In that case, I would suggest to put them somewhere safe as they would greatly help people wishing to start a project but not having any specific storyline ideas (does your script cover the whole campaign, like the janus 2 script)?

Offline Miburo

• The Janus
    • Tales of EAS Janus
Janus 2 is just story line that has parts that are subjects to be changed.
Janus 1 script is detailed to ships and main events.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Any status updates?
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline starlord

I'm afraid not so far... However we're still open for proposals...

Offline Miburo

• The Janus
    • Tales of EAS Janus
Probably will not see light of day, I have two finished missions and close to zero time to spend with it. Mammoth of a project that I can't currently handle alone. Lets see in 8-10 years when I might have time, however if somebody wants to take up on it I will provide mission details and my advices.