Author Topic: The Skyward Sword Thread  (Read 5936 times)

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
Re: Anyone played Skyward Sward yet?
Bought it, not very far in.  I have no idea where to find
Spoiler:
the missing little girl
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The shield is full of win once you learn how/when to use it.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Bought it, not very far in.  I have no idea where to find
Spoiler:
the missing little girl

Go talk to the old guy in the Lumpy Pumpkin. He'll point you in the right direction.

(Yeah, that sidequest confused the **** out of me, too.)
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Other than with Octoroks, I pretty much never used the shield before the final battle.  I also never died before the final battle, which was a little disappointing--hoping Hero mode will be a good challenge when I get around to playing the game again.

I died quite a bit before I got the hand of the controls.
Also, I managed to lose an upgraded wooden shield last night. That was harsh. The worst part is that you can easily avoid the damage to the shield by taking it yourself (or jumping out of the way), but I just stood there like a moron.

Also, those flying baddies that shoot rockets need shield bashing to go down as well.

I died quite a bit before I got the hand of the controls.
Also, I managed to lose an upgraded wooden shield last night. That was harsh. The worst part is that you can easily avoid the damage to the shield by taking it yourself (or jumping out of the way), but I just stood there like a moron.

Also, those flying baddies that shoot rockets need shield bashing to go down as well.

It takes awhile to get used to the shield controls.  I lost 3 or 4 wooden shields in the first dungeon.  I also lost an upgraded one at one point or another.  Since that time my skills have improved.  However, I still need to work on the timing of my shield bash

Sacred Shields FTW.

As long as you prevent them from breaking in the first place, they "heal" themselves.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Don't have it yet

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Pssh Sacred shield is for losers...
Spoiler:
I use the Hylian Shield.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

I'm at the stage where I have the Sacred Shield but I don't use it often.  I primarily use my Banded Shield and my Iron Shield.  The only time I use the Sacred Shield is in one of two scenarios.  Either my other two shields are too damaged and might break or cursed enemies are present.  I'm off the opinion that a regenerating shield takes some of the skill out of the game.

I actually carry all three shields around with me.  Once I add Link's signature shield to my collection, I might stick to using that.  I haven't made up my mind yet.

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
By the way, the orchestral CD is awesome.  Track 4 is very hard not to drive fast to...

Finished it. Final battle is officially the most epic Zelda fight ever. Yeah, a bit easy, but nonetheless... epic. With the music and the environment and the lightning and...

Easy on the spoilers there :)

What? I didn't spoil anything.

I've just entered the 6th dungeon but I've only done two of the side quests so far.  There is plenty left to do before the end.

What? I didn't spoil anything.

I know. I like to warn people off spoilers pre-emptively. I'm annoying that way I guess. :P

On a side note: Can't we change the thread topic? I feel a bit weird every time I get an email about a new post and I see the topic in my inbox written like that :(

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
Re: The Skyward Sword Thread
On a side note: Can't we change the thread topic? I feel a bit weird every time I get an email about a new post and I see the topic in my inbox written like that :(
Done.

Ok this weekend I'm definitely getting some Zelda time in. I started the game a couple of weeks ago but I haven't been in the right mood for Zelda during weekdays. When I get home late and I'm going to have a couple of hours of game-time, I prefer something you can just jump right into (e.g., BF3). For Zelda, I always feel like I have to be in a certain mood to enjoy it properly.

Is that weird?

Not really. I find I can only play Zelda for a few hours at a time. As much as I love the game, there is a point where I'm just... done playing for now.

For me it's kinda the opposite. I need to know I have lots of time ahead to be able to get into it. I can't play for 30 mins or 2 hours. I need to know I have 4 hours (for instance) of free time to just lose myself in the game's world.