Poll

Not sure if this has been done before but we are going to allow you, the community, to name our newest bomber. Provided of course the winner isn't a joke name. I've listed the suggestions recieved thus far below so vote away.

GTB Euryale
23 (39%)
GTB Stheno
1 (1.7%)
GTB Hellion
1 (1.7%)
GTB Nikaios
1 (1.7%)
GTB Nicator
3 (5.1%)
GTB Lancaster
7 (11.9%)
GTB Wraith
4 (6.8%)
GTB Perses
0 (0%)
GTB Cetus
1 (1.7%)
GTB Snuffaluffagus
10 (16.9%)
GTB Medusa Mark II
8 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: Name our new bomber  (Read 12800 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
On the other hand, the GTB Snuffleupagus should make an appearance in the next JAD or DEM.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Medusa Mk. II if only because I keep drawing parallels to the Hercules Mk.II/Antaeus thing...

And maybe the INF:A Hera (aside from the good-ol' Medusa itself), since the model parts give off that resemblance...

/offtopic
*secretly wishes that the Claymore 3's nose gets changed to something more fighter plane-like but oh well don't mind this rant XD*
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

I would say Wraith, but it'd need a jet-black texture for me to really agree to that. Due to the fitting nature of the name, Euryale.
'yo my domestic skillets, who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?'
~Nighteyes

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Voted Nicator, but looks like Euryale's going to be the name of our new bomber. He guys, do you honestly like polls like this? Seems a good way to get the community "closer" to project development. We may do that again in the future, if possible. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Voted Lancaster because it sounds good. Euryale sounds better, but Euryale is superheavy tactical bomber in Shadow Genesis and I don't want to repeat names [that's why Stheno is also bad].
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I didn't know that. What does your Euryale look like?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Euryale in Shadow Genesis is a Trashman's Armaggedon tactical bomber with new textures and a few pof data improvements.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I see. Well, I don't know if that changes anything to us: considering this poll's results, Euryale appears to be the best candidate. Perhaps they didn't know about your own Euryale, or don't care if there are two bombers with the same name.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Euryale in Shadow Genesis is a Trashman's Armaggedon tactical bomber with new textures and a few pof data improvements.
I doubt anyone will be confused. Trashman's model is an ugly construction brick, while Byron's model is fairly unique and well modeled.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I'd rather not fall into elitism. Both models deserve respect.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I'd rather not fall into elitism. Both models deserve respect.
NO U

I think you're elitist for thinking both models deserve respect, since opinions seem to follow under elitism now

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 10:33:12 pm by Zacam »
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature

Because of the resemblance to the (newer) Medusa bomber, I would see "GTB Euryale" as the name much more fitting than appending a simple "Mk II". And even in Grecian mythology, having two vessels named as Euryale is appropriately fitting, since the other was the daughter of King Minos and mother of Orion.

However, in going with the mythological reference in which Medusa is named, there is also the name of one of Medusa's offspring when her head was severed, which was Chrysaor, which might also be fitting. Granted, it (Chrysaor) was told to be a Golden Sworded Giant (which this isn't, necessarily) but it shows the lineage of inheritance to the Medusa more so than it speaks to me of being a related to Medusa, especially if it's leveraged in a Strike Bomber manner which it's shape seems to suggest is its potential.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I see. Well, I don't know if that changes anything to us: considering this poll's results, Euryale appears to be the best candidate. Perhaps they didn't know about your own Euryale, or don't care if there are two bombers with the same name.
Some people showed concern about this bomber being named Stheno because of Esarai's own Stheno.
But this seems to be a different matter. I didn't even know the Armageddon was being used in Shadow Genesis, and I'm not sure how many other members outside of the team knows about its use either.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Of course, this is no problem. Various names repeating in various mods. Hovewer, if you want to use original names in your mods, you should use something different than Euryale.

BTW. Hades - Ehhh... No words for it o___O. Trashman made a lot of cool models, including Armageddon.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Trashman made a lot of overtiled, boxy models, including Armageddon.

Fixed.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 10:37:56 pm by NGTM-1R »

A Feddie Story

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Trashman made a lot of cool models, including Armageddon.

Fixed.

And quoted for future reference. :p
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Betrayal, that's your fault for renaming the Armageddon, as far as I'm concerned. :P
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
And quoted for future reference. :p

Woomeister suppressing my freedom of speech inappropriately preserved for when the revolution comes. Thanks. :P

A Feddie Story

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well don't be rude and insulting about people then :p

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Well don't be rude and insulting about people then :p

I'm sorry, I'm actually quoting Aldo.