Author Topic: Alien Swarm: Petition for an injection of life by devs  (Read 1591 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Alien Swarm: Petition for an injection of life by devs
https://www.change.org/petitions/do-you-care#

If you are interested.

Alien Swarm is dying off. While, at its prime time, the game even successfully managed to be more popular than Counter Strike, the lack of official support took its toll. Presently, Alien Swarm is artificially kept alive by a few talented modders and mapmakers, and while that isn't anything as bad as it sounds, the game needs its creators' hand from time to time too.

Alien Swarm is a great game. And not just that, it gives us tremendous amount of fun. We all know it! If you care for that fun to stay alive, please take 2min of your time and sign this petition.

Our enthusiasm will be noticed by Black Cat Games team and Valve, but only if we give enough damn ourselves! Give your love and spread the word!

EDIT: Steam User Forums thread discussing the merits / lack of merits of the petition is here.  Note that you have to register to post (registering for a forum account is separate from the Steam User ID).
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 11:26:03 am by jr2 »

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Re: Alien Swarm: Petition for an injection of life by devs
What exactly are they hoping to see happen?

The game was released completely for free, after all. Not surprised that Valve has better things to do with their time.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Well, they could turn it into another hat simulator....
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Well, they could turn it into another hat simulator....

Valve is simply Gabe Newell's digital haberdashery
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 10:47:38 am by StarSlayer »
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Presently, Alien Swarm is artificially kept alive by a few talented modders and mapmakers,

Sounds like FreeSpace.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
lol online petitions

More on-topic, I only played multiplayer Alien Swarm once, but it was decently fun.  Hated the realistic "lose the rest of your clip" reloading, though. :p

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Actually, if you have the time and the presence of mind, you can just toss the partial clip in your ammo pouch (assuming you have that or something similar to stuff things into in a hurry) and then, if you have a lull of a few minutes, combine your partial clips.  I don't know if that's likely, though... although most wouldn't just ditch their empty clips unless backed into a wall (partial clips are a lot better than 0 ammo, especially if you are able to make each shot count instead of just spray and pray).  Depends on the circumstance I guess.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Well, yes, that would be actual realism, but in this particular game, once you reload, you lose it. :p

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Actually, if you have the time and the presence of mind, you can just toss the partial clip in your ammo pouch (assuming you have that or something similar to stuff things into in a hurry) and then, if you have a lull of a few minutes, combine your partial clips.  I don't know if that's likely, though... although most wouldn't just ditch their empty clips unless backed into a wall (partial clips are a lot better than 0 ammo, especially if you are able to make each shot count instead of just spray and pray).  Depends on the circumstance I guess.

I got really excited because I thought these were XCOM style game mechanics in Alien Swarm, then I was horribly disappointed because they were just common sense real life tips

So this is a petition to Valve to hire the guys who made alien swarm so they can work on it for real? What?

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
I tried the game.  It did not grab me.

And internet petitions TOTALLY work.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam