Hosted Projects - Standalone > Diaspora Multiplayer Open Beta

Balance feedback

<< < (3/4) > >>

Sushi:

--- Quote from: Ghost on September 12, 2012, 04:04:23 pm ---
--- Quote from: Ace on September 12, 2012, 03:57:33 pm ---It's balanced with the VIIe, how do those two compare?

--- End quote ---

Just played a 1v1 in an AdvRaider against a VIIe, and I smoked him 5 to 2. Didn't have time to role reverse.

I really just think it's a matter of not having to lock on with the Cylon missiles.

--- End quote ---

Speaking of which, how hard are the Cylon missiles to dodge once you factor in network latency? What about the colonial ones?

I know in SP at least, missiles are pretty easy to dodge or shoot down.

DireWolf:
Just finished a few matches with Skunimatrix, Ghost and Headscar.
I can attest that cylon dogfighting missiles are pretty easy to doge alone, but, Adv. Raiders and Heavy raiders carry ridiculous amounts of them, which means they can just be spammed (I was on both ends). Chances are you will have something like 4-5 missiles on your tail if your opponent is determined enough, and at least one of those will probably hit and do a decent amount of damage.

And a VIIe compared to an Adv. Raider in a dogfight is no contest (although Skunimatrix surprised me with a jester salvo, and I was left to spin around wildly trying to find him and hit him with my guns).

Edit: Forgot to mention that my ping was between 130-190 when dodging missiles.

Double Edit: Colonial missiles seem to be a bit more accurate and powerful, though can still be dodged without too much effort and a couple of countermeasures.

Ace:
Cylon missiles are meant to be weaker and more easily spoofed but a bit more spammy. Sounds like they might need to be a little more easily spoofed still.

skunimatrix:

--- Quote from: DireWolf on September 12, 2012, 09:25:21 pm ---Just finished a few matches with Skunimatrix, Ghost and Headscar.
I can attest that cylon dogfighting missiles are pretty easy to doge alone, but, Adv. Raiders and Heavy raiders carry ridiculous amounts of them, which means they can just be spammed (I was on both ends). Chances are you will have something like 4-5 missiles on your tail if your opponent is determined enough, and at least one of those will probably hit and do a decent amount of damage.

And a VIIe compared to an Adv. Raider in a dogfight is no contest (although Skunimatrix surprised me with a jester salvo, and I was left to spin around wildly trying to find him and hit him with my guns).

Edit: Forgot to mention that my ping was between 130-190 when dodging missiles.

Double Edit: Colonial missiles seem to be a bit more accurate and powerful, though can still be dodged without too much effort and a couple of countermeasures.

--- End quote ---

The other part of that is the fact colonial missile take time to lock on.  The cylon dogfighting missiles don't.  They are simply point your nose at the target, wait untill you are under 1000 (I'm not sure what their actual effective range are) and then let loose as often as you can fire.  You close the gap, not a problem.  I just glide turn around, get my nose on target and keep firing while the viper then will take 3 seconds or so get reaquire a new lock.

That coupled with the rate of fire with the HR guns.  I know the trick of trying to out manouver at close range against the HR, but all it take is one slip up on the other pilot's part and for me to get guns on and watch you melt especially with heavy swarm missiles at the ready...

Sushi:
How do the HR guns do at the edge of their range? I know they technically have a bit longer range than the Viper guns, but there's also fairly considerable spread...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version