Hosted Projects - Standalone > FRED Academy (Diaspora)

Diaspora_FA-C01M01

<< < (2/3) > >>

Suongadon:
Dear Diary:

Since I like pictures, I made pictures in my mission briefing, and then I reordered the ships so they were all pretty-like and in order rather than stupid and not in order. And then I fixed up a bit of the failure branch and wrote some terrible debriefing words and probably a couple other things I do not remember.

And then I journeyed to the edge of time and space itself to smite the vile Space-Dragon P_objp Assertion who I had summoned through ill-conceived invocations of 'not' and 'and'.

Hammer65:
I played through your latest build and this play through was much more satisfying.  I think I mentioned before I wasn't sure what to do after scanning all of the vessels.  I'm ashamed to admit even with the new directive it took me a minute to figure out just to use protect my ship to get the desired behavior, but I'm sure your average player will figure that out more quickly.  My first play through was 23 minutes.  Most of that due to me watching the first 3 raptors dock before moving on to the next scan.  Also, I didn't follow a very orderly path through the vessels.  My second play through was about 10 minutes.  I think the only real bug I saw was that my secondary weapons were locked throughout.  The first play through I was too far away to kill the Azure.  The second time I positioned myself beside it to ensure I could kill it.  However, once it flipped I was unable to disable the FTL before it jumped because my primary was not up to the task, and my AGM's were locked.

As I said up stream I like the look of the mission and the layout.  The briefing was very good, and I'm curious about how the lines were drawn?  Command Briefing is obviously still remaining to be done.  I only saw the one debriefing with the Azure escaping.  The mission itself seems to be fairly locked down so I'm not sure there can really be another outcome beside Azure escapes, Azure is destroyed.  I'm not sure there is a way to fail besides not completing the mission.

Given I'm 2A I see I need to rename the Rising Sun ;)

Suongadon:
Thank you again.

Your secondaries didn't unlock when the boarding failed? Ach. Notepad tells me I put two 'unlock-primaries' in, rather than both types :( Though you should have been able to destroy the ship with primaries anyway (unless get-damaged-caused is percentile?) :confused:

And you should be able to fail the mission by ordering the wrong raptors to dock with the bombed/hijacked ships in addition to the two endings you said.

Lines are drawn by selecting the icons and clicking one of the check-boxes 'draw lines' or somesuch. And the best way (I think) to get a particular color is to change the color of both icons to that color and then make the lines, then swap the icons back to what you want.

to the name, I'm a little attached to my Starsiege, can't help it. :D

*edit* speaking of watching them dock, did you notice the raptors sinking through the ships on their docking approaches?

General Battuta:
I believe get-damage-caused is a percentile.

Suongadon:

--- Quote from: General Battuta on October 23, 2012, 09:52:11 pm ---I believe get-damage-caused is a percentile.

--- End quote ---

The lesson here is 'don't test things with one value and change it afterwards thinking it will be fine'. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version