Author Topic: Intermittent Maintenance  (Read 2596 times)

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Intermittent Maintenance
So today brought us the day that rev_posix, Goober5000 and myself decided to tackle some of the issues remaining from our last outage, the biggest one of all being posts having gotten munched.

Those all should now ideally have been restored across the board and even better, it exposed some flaws in the conversion process that we thought had happened that in fact actually didn't, so we were able to correct for those as well.

HLP SMF 2.0.3 (since we were there, we decided we might as well upgrade the software too) comes with not only some notable fixes but for us also means the start of a truly UTF-8 database and all the way around.

And while things were being worked on, I upgraded the MyDNS component to a version that fixes the "goes unresponsive" that used to be somewhat regular around here, ensuring that we should see significantly longer up time and accessibility.

We do apologize for the Unscheduled Planned Maintenance window taking place when it did, thanks for sticking it out and enjoy your stay knowing that we should see much fewer interruptions in the future.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Re: Intermittent Maintenance
cool stuff guys
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Re: Intermittent Maintenance
Thanks for making HLP better.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems