Hosted Projects - Non-FreeSpace > FreeSpace: Fleet Command

I'm still not giving up - Need the community's help

<< < (2/3) > >>

Meatball:
Here's another one I just made from a crash, but with the extension -luatrace and the other one as you mentioned. I was forced to zip the files or I could not send the reply.
There's also a dumpfile, but maybe you don't need that?

[attachment deleted by admin]

EatThePath:
No, the file I need is the one literally named "hwRM.log"

Meatball:

--- Quote from: EatThePath on October 25, 2020, 12:42:44 pm ---No, the file I need is the one literally named "hwRM.log"

--- End quote ---
Oooh, so this one then?

EatThePath:
That's the one. Based on a hunch it gave me I grabbed and cracked open the version on steam, which I assume is the same version you're using, and it's definitely structured for a 2.0+ version of HWR. It'll never work on a pre-2.0 version. I'm surprised it errors, frankly, rather than just starting you in an unmodded but working skirmish, but I haven't dug deeply into what's going on in all it's other files so I couldn't be sure what's going on there.

what happens when you try to launch it with a modern version?

Meatball:

--- Quote from: EatThePath on October 26, 2020, 06:52:16 pm ---That's the one. Based on a hunch it gave me I grabbed and cracked open the version on steam, which I assume is the same version you're using, and it's definitely structured for a 2.0+ version of HWR. It'll never work on a pre-2.0 version. I'm surprised it errors, frankly, rather than just starting you in an unmodded but working skirmish, but I haven't dug deeply into what's going on in all it's other files so I couldn't be sure what's going on there.

what happens when you try to launch it with a modern version?

--- End quote ---
Very interesting... I got some more tests for you.

HwRM1.log = I replaced the modded english.big with the original fresh install english.big. Game starts, music and background is correct for the mod. But in VS CPU it's the original Homeworld races, not Freespace races. I start a match and it crash mid-load.

HwRM2.log = I launched the fully updated 2.1 steam version of the game with the mod and the -luatrace extension. Game loads up, all good. Correct races shows up, I start a match VS CPU, game crash mid-load.

HwRM3.log = I replace again the original english.big with the english.big from the mod Fleet Command v4. Game crashes on launch, no loading screen even. Starts, black screen flashing, back to desktop.

So what do you make of this??
Also, why would the dev of the mod officially update the mod for 2.0, when the update don't work? :S

Maybe you'll fine this interesting and give you good info to. Here's all the devs comments on the mod's progress into the issues for 2.0, until he went dead silent.

--- Code: ---chrischris69  [author] 7 Jun, 2016 @ 6:12pm
The new patch is out. Unfortunately, something broke compatibility with the mod. This isn't the first time a HWRM update has broken the compatability, and usually the game change is a nice step forward overall. I'll be making the fixes to put out a patch as quickly as possible. I appreciate your patience.
And I really, really hope they fixed the desync thing at the engine level.

chrischris69  [author] 8 Jun, 2016 @ 5:04pm
As of right now, I can't give an estimate to when the mod will be back on its feet. The game's model format got updated, and without the tools to update the models, there's literally nothing I can do at this time to restore the mod to working order. The good news is that we continue to work and integrate all the game's new features with the mod. The change notes will give you a hint as to what we've already done.
But I can already say that the desyncs will hopefully be a thing of the past after this.

chrischris69  [author] 13 Jun, 2016 @ 11:31pm
Again, just so everyone is aware- the game's model format got updated and the tools to fix the models in FSFC aren't out yet. I will update here when there is more information. Thank you for your patience.

chrischris69  [author] 18 Jun, 2016 @ 10:32pm
The mod tools have been updated. With any luck we can get the game running in the next few days.

chrischris69  [author] 28 Jun, 2016 @ 4:49pm
Update: Fighters, including their shields, have been restored. Fighter combat has been improved with the new ballistics/accuracy features.

chrischris69  [author] 2 Jul, 2016 @ 5:28pm
@general Guinea pig The latest update to the game broke the mod. The update is in progress.

chrischris69  [author] 4 Jul, 2016 @ 4:40am
@edwin.gibson The mod tools to update content have been released. Modders are currently able to port assets to HWR.

chrischris69  [author] 9 Jul, 2016 @ 2:04am
@GalvazimGX The mod is fully transferable to a GOG version, so yes.
@Sora Toriyama Again, this is an issue with all classic mods and the port is in progress.

chrischris69  [author] 17 Jul, 2016 @ 1:22am
@GalvazimGX If the GOG version was updated to the last patch, a link will do no good untl the RM update is finished,

chrischris69  [author] 17 Jul, 2016 @ 9:08pm
An update:
The ships, weapons, and subsystems have been functionally restored.
However, there are a significant number of files that are breaking compatibility. The problems are not insurmountable, but do cause crashes that cannot be mitigated. The process to restore these elements is time-consuming.

chrischris69  [author] 18 Jul, 2016 @ 2:33am
Also, I will be posting the new version on moddb for the GOG users.

chrischris69  [author] 10 Aug, 2016 @ 5:39pm
To clarify for everyone: The models and underlying code to run the game is fixed and is working. However, the events and markers for all ships has to be fixed for any errors. This is especially frustrating because the error logs give no indication of what ship caused the problem or which marker is the problem. So what I have to do for each ship is go line by line in their code, cross reference it with their model, and figure out which of the segments is causing the problem.
I've been making progress, but its slow.
--- End code ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version