Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 30470 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Listening to what the person playing(whoever he is, I didn't really pay attention) said about how you could be anybody seems like a half-truth. As I understand, you're locked in the role of that "Dragonborn" guy, so any branching is just weapon and skill-wise.

No, the Dragonborn can be anyone (species/gender/class).

Just like you were the chosen one in all previous games I geuss...

Starting you off in a prison situation, telling you you're the chosen one, and thats it. Thats the extent of any character development the Elder Scrolls games have done for you, and Skyrim looks to be no different.

And in this one you start out at your execution. So I guess they're kinda trying to break the mold. A teensy bit.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 04:01:11 pm by PsychoLandlord »

Starting you off in a prison situation, telling you your the chosen one, and thats it. Thats the extent of any character development the Elder Scrolls games have done for you, and Skyrim looks to be no different.

And in this one you start out at your execution. So I guess they're kinda trying to break the mold. A teensy bit.

Sounds like the length of the game might be a touch underwhelming.  ;)

[edit] Actually, wait a second....  I've gone on wholesale genocides before, and the guards only ever tried to charge me a few thousand gold or jail me for a week and a half for the trouble.  What the hell can you do in the Elder Scrolls game that will net you the death penalty?! [/edit]

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
What the hell can you do in the Elder Scrolls game that will net you the death penalty?!

Refuse to pay your bills (to the guards).

Not all that different than quite a few modern democracies, in that sense :P
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Put on the mask of the Grey Fox, and they'll kill you on sight.