Author Topic: HLPX-COM: You're All Dying For Your Planet, Right Here!  (Read 119370 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Re: HLPX-COM: You're All Dying For Your Planet, Right Here!
You are not usign me enough.... only 10 kills?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I'm trying to push people to 70 TUs where I can. -Joshua-, SpardaSon, jg18, and The E have all reached that goal or exceeded it. (The E is at 78 TUs and is now, by four TUs, beating out Alexandra Romanova from my one winning TFTD game as the best soldier I've ever commanded.)

Trash, you're at 69, so is jr2. Fury (who started with 60) and KyadCK are at 66, Axem at 65, and Scourge of Ages at 61 and I need to work with him more.

Squad Two, being a lot younger, is a lot less skilled.

Mjn.Mixael and Backslash are at 66, Watsisname and Battuta are at 64, Droid803 at 60, Veers is at 59 TUs, swashmebuckle, CommanderDJ The 2nd, and Hades are at 55. Esarai is dead last at 53 TUs and will also receive special attention.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
Yay for being the only Rookie! It's like BPMulti all over again. :P
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Sign me up for an interceptor pilot. They seem to have the best chances of surviving. :)

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Sign me up for an interceptor pilot. They seem to have the best chances of surviving. :)

More interceptors have died then troops in flying suits I think.  :lol:

EDIT: In retrospect, why are interceptors pilot-based instead of RC like spoon's tanks? Did spoon hide all the Wi-Fi cards? :P
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....

Coward.  :p

*coming from the guy who tried to sign up, was not noticed, and then said nothing*

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
My great thanks for moving me out of the Area 51 base before the assault - now I can resume with SCIENCE!!!

:D
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Trash, you're at 69, so is jr2.

Dude! Excellent!  :yes:

Offline watsisname

Watsisname and Battuta are at 64

Wow, I'm actually somewhat useful! =)

Will the two squads ever see any overlap / work together, or will they remain separate entities?
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Oh crap... I'm the New Meat. My fate could go either way...
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
I'm still back at the academy, driving all sorts of fancy things...
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
This LP has caused me to start playing this again. 

And. I. Hate. Psychic. Attacks.  Just went seven turns trying to get down a corridor to kill a single unarmed sectoid.

--

Also, I'm enlisting in the newest base if there are any open slots.  o7

Offline Backslash

• Bring Our Might To Bear
Wow, I'm still alive!  I figured getting shot in the back had been fatal.  And 66 TUs!  More than I'd have expected.  I'm sure my PSI is pretty mediocre though, didn't I panic?

That was the most underwhelming base assault I've ever heard of.  In fact, you've had a lot of luck... ONE death (and that a tank) to a Chrysalid?!

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Reporting for Engineering/Combat Recovery.

Can't have the rest of the Fringers have fun without me. :)
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Will the two squads ever see any overlap / work together, or will they remain separate entities?

The game doesn't allow you to bring in multiple teams to a mission, so everybody has to come and go on the same transports. My squad size is designed as the max a Skyranger can carry.

Still, simply to get to Cydonia I have to have a transport with 26 space. The high psi-strength elements of both squads will be used, along with however many tanks are needed to fill out what's left and possibly some newbies.

(Also JGZinv, you're currently Europe's only defense in Interceptor 4.)

A Feddie Story

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
News from the aerial front!

Scotty, congratulations, that last Large Scout you dropped over Canada got you to ace. Nuke also just made Ace by bringing down another Large Scout just south of Mexico City.

JGZinv, good work on your first kill. Starting with a Terror Ship is impressive.

Gortef, if you wanted to be a redshirt, I'm sorry to say that's not going to happen. You've been drafted to fly Interceptor 5 out of our Phillipines base. Weapons should be arriving in a day or so.

We also have developed our understanding of alien technology flying craft further.

The Lightning is a mixture of the previously separate transport and interceptor roles. It only carries a single weapons pod, but if armed with a Plasma Beam this is highly unlikely to be a serious issue. It is unable to carry a tank, but it does have an impressive acceleration that would make it a good point-defense interceptor. The Lightning also has one serious flaw; it is essentially a replicated UFO design in nearly every detail, which means that it is a maintenance nightmare as it completely lacks a human logic to its systems layout and thus maintaining it with human technicians takes an inordinate amount of effort.

The Lightning, however, introduces two very important scientific breakthroughs. The first is that it, like the UFOs it is based on, is fully capable of exoatmospheric flight and combat. We have previously been limited to intercepting alien ships once they enter Earth's atmosphere and are detected. If we can devise a way to detect them further away from the planet, we could intercept them in space with Lightnings. The second is that it is capable extremely high accelerations in a vacuum. While we introduced alien inertial dampening technology on the Firestorm, it was more of a comfort issue. The Lightning can sustain very high accelerations for hours, rather than the minutes of current chemical rockets. If it had the life-support system, we could reach Mars in weeks or days instead of months.

We will not be building the Lightning. But we feel it is a very important step.

Work on proper fusion of alien technical knowledge and human design has already been ordered, under the codename "Avenger".

A Floater battleship has landed in broad daylight near Mexico City. Team One has been dispatched. Their orders are to capture the alien Commander alive if remotely possible.

A Feddie Story

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
At this point I'm honestly considering no longer detailing Squad One missions. This is...well, you'll see.

We expected resistance from the Battleship crew comparable to Shanghai or the first Supply Ship assault. Instead, they've done almost nothing. Only one Floater has been encountered in the first four turns, and he was taken down by a reaction shot through a window by Kyad.

The E gives a final briefing just prior to the breach. He emphasizes the need to move swiftly; the aliens probably have Blaster Bombs. He also emphasizes that any command personnel must be taken alive. Stun rods out.

Three stunned, a Demented Fuzzy Shivan and a Floater killed. One of the Floaters, we hope a Commander, had a Blaster Bomb launcher.

Another Floater was killed by reflex when it tried to open a door in front of SpardaSon. The Battleship, at three stories tall and thirty meters in diameter, could use a whole platoon trying to secure it rapidly. We have just a squad.

But they are Squad One. Kyad tracks down another Blaster Launcher-armed alien and stuns it. The E finds another with a heavy plasma and does the same. Honestly, with all these effective HTH attacks and the way we haven't been shot at once during the mission yet, I keep expecting to find out somebody's hacked my game and the aliens can't shoot or something. This is bizarre.

The E did it. We have a Commander, alive.

One last alien trades fire with Kyad, but is taken from behind by -Joshua-, only proving the ninja analogy more accurate. On a battleship attack we were shot at once in the whole mission. And it missed. This actually ****ing happened. Mission Complete!

This was getting really close to the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Squad One took on the entire battleship crew with stun rods; I only deliberately fired at two aliens (one because I couldn't get a second person close enough for a second stun attack; the other was the Reaper and nobody gives a **** about capturing Reapers), two others were killed by reaction fire. Squad One is apparently composed of ninjas in giant ****off suits of power armor.

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
what the ****, squad one. what the ****.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Haha, that is our Squad One.
**** badass.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
The E doesn't just savor the last shot before popping the heat sink, he then takes that ejected heat sink and impales a xenos scum throught the chest with it so it burninates their insides.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”