Author Topic: [RELEASE] Diaspora: Shattered Armistice v1.0 (Windows, Mac & Linux)  (Read 856105 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: [RELEASE] Diaspora: Shattered Armistice
No it isn't. Get back to testing beta monkey. :p

Seriously though, since we're talking about credits, I'd like to thank all our beta testers (who since they joined us once we were in beta, aren't in the intro movie, but are in the credits roll).
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
As far as the music goes, could it benefit from dynamic range compression?

Offline PhRey

• Composer
    • Ph.Rey Music
As far as the music goes, could it benefit from dynamic range compression?
Yes it is planned to increase the general level of music, Torc will deal with it in an upcoming patch I think. (compression is not desirable here, it is not dubstep)

I believe music level is in the options menu?  unless the composer forgot to normalize. :) Why do you feel compression would be needed? are you constantly changing the volume?  Personally I haven't.  Sound tracks and classical music tend not to have as much compression as say a pop mix for radio, as dynamic range is every bit as important to the music as the notes themselves. 
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 01:18:57 am by Darklord42 »

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
i've already compress, normalized and made all the mastering process in all tracks, since our composers uses different way to work and the tracks as they were results a bit different (in game).

So the only thing i need to do is increase a bit the Musics, so you can hear them better than now.

I'd like to be clear: you'll never have the Star wars music levels... since i don't want to ruin the BSG feeling effect, but i'm sure you'll never have more complaints after the patch.

EDIT: the new musics levels are not intended to going in the next new patch. We will release them soon, but not now ;)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 09:25:43 am by torc »
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline KaraBulut

• Friendly old school gamer
Why don't you guys submit the Diaspora to Steam Greenlight ? It surely will grab some attention and earn you some players.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Cause we're not idiots who want to get our project C&D'd by NBC for one thing. :p

Offline KaraBulut

Cause we're not idiots who want to get our project C&D'd by NBC for one thing. :p

Well you guys are the project lead, so it's only fair you decide what to do with it.

Also here's a mentioning of the mod in a Turkish web site if you're intrested http://oyungezer.com.tr/haberler/1-yeni-oyunlar/10521-diaspora-shattered-armistice

Congratulations, I'll be trying this out when I can get it downloaded.

Nooo, I mean you can distribute free mods on Steam too. Black Mesa and a couple of others are available for download off steam for FREE or they'll link to you r website where you can download it. I think I got Eternal Silence downloaded off Steam..

I think at this point they're trying very, very hard to not look anything like they're making anyone a profit off Diaspora work, including Valve/Steam.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline KaraBulut

Nobody makes profit out of Steam Greenlight, there is an entry fee that goes to Child's Play Charity (which was set to prevent spam entries) and if you want your game to be free then it's fine you can set it as free.
When you present it on Greenlight the users will start rating your mod, being done and also being free should catch a lot of attention.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
KaraBulut: The problem is still that, whatever else we are, we are an unlicensed game. It can thus be argued that we are violating NBC/Universal's IP rights; something Steam Greenlight's submission guidelines explicitly forbid.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Am I missing something, I can't download :(... P.S. looks AWESOME can't wait to actually get in game :D

Offline crizza

You got a torrent client to download the whole thing?

Offline Karanath

• So say we all
You can download it in the page 1 of this forum topic. There are the torrents links

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
Am I missing something, I can't download :(... P.S. looks AWESOME can't wait to actually get in game :D
anyways
:welcome:

doubt you'll find anything like this on a bsg forum :D
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline karajorma

• Administrator

Are you accidentally downloading the torrent rather than the actual download? Cause we have 4-5 different download links, one of them should work.

Offline KaraBulut

KaraBulut: The problem is still that, whatever else we are, we are an unlicensed game. It can thus be argued that we are violating NBC/Universal's IP rights; something Steam Greenlight's submission guidelines explicitly forbid.

Oh I see, contacting them etc. would be a pain to deal with I believe :D Then I guess you have to do your best to keep the torrent links alive.

Booya!!! great work guys, i'm so proud to have been a part of this! great soundtrack too, congrats!  :)