Author Topic: SILENT THREAT: REBORN RELEASED [Updated V1.4]  (Read 452815 times)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Re: SILENT THREAT: REBORN RELEASED
The music getting cut out is an application-wide problem in my Mac, so what I do is, should the music stop for whatever reason, I press F4. F4 brings up the events list, which pauses the music. Leaving it causes the music to resume playing. On my Mac, it always works.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
It happens consistently, around the 2:25-2:30 mark, after the first "movement" is finished.

Also, there doesn't appear to be any audio for the final paragraph of the failure debriefing for that mission; all I get is a repeating beeping sound.
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline jakeslogan

• Star Pilot
The music getting cut out is an application-wide problem in my Mac, so what I do is, should the music stop for whatever reason, I press F4. F4 brings up the events list, which pauses the music. Leaving it causes the music to resume playing. On my Mac, it always works.
U should choose the "generic software" instead of the "generic hardware". if this can't help, then open freespace2.exe click on setup>audio tab, choose DirectSound.
[size=20]Freespace 2 + Star Trek: Bridge Commander = Perfect Space Simulator Game.[/size]

Offline shiv

• Don't forget Poland!
  • FRED me!
    • http://freespace.pl
Finally I was able to play. I'm shocked :eek2: :eek2: This is amazing job. There's not much user-made campaigns that I liked. And this one I love. That's nearly as good as V job. Congratulations! ;7 ;7
http://www.sectorgame.com/vega
The Apocalypse Vega - Join the battle! A campaign for FreeSpace 2 Open

http://www.game-warden.com/earthdefence
Earth Defense project - Coming soon...

Offline ShivanSpS

BTW, the Soyakaze, the Repulse, the Krios, etc all of those are using the old model right? Because the Orion in the Tech room is the new model and those looks like the original with some ehancements.

It's some weird bug that won't be fixed till the next version. Yes, they're all using the old model.

It's not a bug, the FSPort team used the old, nameplated Orion models to preserve Retail compatibility.

Thats mean nothing, the Bastion and the Galatea are using the new model but it seems that all other nameplated Orions are missing the new model in the fsport_meviavps...

BTW, "Chasing Shadows" gives several errors in the debug build, one of them is a texture reemplacement error in the CTC Vali.

BTW2, i think you need to ensure that gamma 1 completly made to say "Something landed on my fighter", is an important line on that mission, in all of my recent attempts it just die...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 10:45:56 am by ShivanSpS »

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Then it's an issue with the FSPort MVPs and not ST:R.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline mr.WHO

I finnaly mannage to play and finnish it. One word - EPIC (especially the final mission).

I wonder - what now? FSPort finished, ST:R finished - do the members of this mod will now shift their efford toward other long awaited campaigns (like BWO or INF) ?

Offline Nuclear1

TVWP :p
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Spoiler:
- "Fury#Shivan" appears in the weapons list in the tech database, and has no information.
Thanks; this will be fixed.

- In "Ghosts", your wingmen don't provide a vocal acknowledgement to your orders, and you can't call for a support ship. Is your mission so secret that you can't rearm?  :p
As mentioned in the briefing, you're in a "remote corner of the Deneb system".  So remote that you're not in direct contact with Command, and you have no support available.  Unfortunately, in retail, if you disable Command messages, you lose wingmen messages as well.

- The message/timing issue I've already mentioned with "He Who Rides The Tiger". Additionally, if you order your wingmen to destroy the Ratna after its IFF turns hostile, they totally will, because they're cool.  :D
I'll take another look at the message timing.

- Do you have to destroy the access doors on Deep Space Nine the Karnak in "Blood of the Innocent" in order to reach the reactor? I went down two separate arms of the station and got stuck, until I noticed Sneak blowing something up before it made its way in...
Do as the debriefing recommendations suggest and play Cardinal Spear for the backstory. :p

- Certain missions don't include recommendations in their debriefings when they probably should. For example, it's noted in "Cloak and Dagger" if you manage to save all the escape pods from the Talus facility, but if you fail to rescue them, you never hear about it and no recommendations are given on how to improve your performance, so a player may not realize it's possible to save them all. Similarly, it's possible to save the Hirschel (or not) in "Abandon Hope", but you hear nothing about it one way or the other. Is the Bosch Beer more important?
This is an odd comment from someone who doesn't even read the recommendations when they're useful (see above) :p.  The real answer is that in both of those missions, there are other events and objectives that are more significant, and the debriefing officer may choose to focus on the significant events.  For another example, in "Chasing Shadows", if you maintain the blockade but fail to defend the Hope, the debriefing doesn't mention the blockade at all.

Some lore questions:

- What happened to Admiral Glaive? We never see him again after "Forced Hand". Is he supposed to be aboard the Hades?
Maybe.  Or he could be plotting in some other mysterious location.  We intentionally left that unresolved.

- Did fighters from the Repulse destroy the Vasudan research convoy in "More Than Meets the Eye"? "Ghosts" seems to imply this, but the campaign never provides a firm explanation.
Hmm... maybe.

- What happened to the transport that went missing at the end of "The Wait"?
Freighters.  Plural.  Maybe the GTI needed to stock up on Shivan cargo.

- The debriefing for "Abandon Hope" suggests that your scans may reveal why the Hades's engines were able to come back online, but this does not happen in "Last Stand". Is it because they have Shivan stuff in them?
The engines did have Shivan stuff in them, but the reason they came back online so quickly has a more specific explanation.  Find someone who knows the secret of 162 and ask him if he has any ideas. ;)

Also, your scans of the Hades fighterbay "alarm" intelligence, but this is never elaborated upon. Is this just a nod to people who have played the original "Secrets Revealed"?
Yup.  We were originally going to add a command briefing stage that talked about this, but it seemed rather hand-wavy and I worried that it would distract from the more important engine subsystems.
Very good speculations; I had hoped to see questions along those lines. :)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Nope.. it wont... It - eventually - hits an assert and kicks you out of the game.
Code: [Select]
Assert: sip->subsystems[j].model_num == sip->model_num
File: ship.cpp
Line: 15990
Oh.  Well, you need to be running the debug build from within a debugger to be able to trace through asserts.

I've got a problem here, in the mission "Blood of the Innocent", the Hades stop firing at the station after the Vasudan station's health below 26% while the station must be destroyed in order to process to the next mission.
just a small question, do I need to complete that mission. I meant when the Hades stop firing, should I stop the game or play until it end???
It's a bug that only appears if you're playing on Very Easy or using cheats. :blah: It will be fixed soon.  In the meantime, ~K the station if the Hades doesn't destroy it.

The installation instructions on the first page say that the fsport folder should contain "fsport-high_res.vp." I am not able to find that vp for download on the Fsport 3.1.1 release thread. STR seems to work without it, but I was wondering if i'm missing out on something high res, and where I can get it from. Thanks
I've updated the 3.1.1 thread.  This file is made obsolete by the mediaVPs, but is useful on retail FS2.

Finally I was able to play. I'm shocked :eek2: :eek2: This is amazing job. There's not much user-made campaigns that I liked. And this one I love. That's nearly as good as V job. Congratulations! ;7 ;7
Thanks. :)

I finnaly mannage to play and finnish it. One word - EPIC (especially the final mission).
Thanks. :)

I wonder - what now?
A vacation. :p

But notice that I have neither a BWO nor an INF avatar.

Offline Nuclear1

Good, that's all the more time which can be spent on TVWP then. :p
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

Offline ShivanSpS

Spoiler:
A few things...

-If its soo easy to destroy the "karnak" by just sending a bomber to blow the reactor, why all other GTI Bombers try to blow up the station in the hard way?

-MM the Krios msg in "Betrayed" gets cut up somethines because it gets destroyed before finish the dialoge, the initial delay is way too much, the Krios take too much time to hail the pilots...

-the GTC Vali gives a Texture reemplacement error in Chasing Shadows using debug build, i think is missing the nameplate...

-The only mission that it seens to be "isolated" from the plot is the fist one, with is the same than in the original ST, but i dont understand, it where just some pilots that attacked the Vasudans because they whant it?, also there where no command monitoring that battle previusly?

all other thing has been already reported, check the timming of the msg in "he who rides the tiger" that pilot needs to completly say "Something Landed on my Fighter", 100% of the time, is a great line :)

Oh, in the Blood of the Inocents, i having strange load times, and even some hangs ups while doing the cache the first time i play it, i think is the Karnak model.

BTW, is clear that those Repulse fighters destroyed the convoy, as well is really clear that they whould have kill you if wast of the Krios arriving in time, for the first time, the Shivans saved the player :P

Offline Belisarius

• I will not give up my ship!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Legends of Middleearth
Can give me anyone any tipps for "He who rides the Tiger"? I get killed with those mystic shockwaves or whatever it is. Or are there even Shivand smashing through my ship hull? Whatever it is, I survived it only once and I don't know how I survived that. But the convoy was down nevertheless and I was going to get executed.

But the few missions I've played yet are simply great. The voices are well spoken and the missions are designed very well. You don't know how much I love these missions.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Spoiler:
Turn really suddenly, act like you're trying to shake it off

Offline Nuclear1

Spoiler:
Afterburners.

Offline Belisarius

• I will not give up my ship!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Legends of Middleearth
Thanks for the fast reply. Solved the problem with the afterburners.

Offline ShivanSpS

Spoiler:
About Secrets Reborn, i just departed my wings by accident and Bragi and Skadi just ignore me, as well Epsilon never came.

This will give you an idea of the departed ships, it was well before the cruisers arrive.
http://i39.tinypic.com/288yu5k.jpg

Also, the drydock... it makes targeting a nightmare, you may hide it? or use neutral?

BTW, there is a bonus goal for destroying the freighters? there is no time to destroy them, but is posible to destroy its cargo.

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
Spoiler:
Your only bonus objective in Secrets Reborn is to destroy the science cruisers that are docked with the Jotunheim.
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline Nuclear1

Spoiler:
The freighter cargo is also a bonus objective.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
I also experienced the message timing issue in "He Who Rides The Tiger."  Took a second playthrough for me to figure out what I had to do to survive.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]