Author Topic: Just for a Laugh  (Read 2461 times)

Offline Roanoke

How about I try 'n' convert The Sathanas/Colossus stand off to the original FS ? or has someone tried already ?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
People have tried it with varying degrees of success.  The main problem is how to simulate the beams (and flak) using FS1 weaponry.

Every so often I wonder if it would be possible to back-port FS2 into FS1. :)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
ugh... :ick: Why would you ever want to do such a thing?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Just for kicks. ;)

Offline Selectah

• Unsuspended
The main problem is how to simulate the beams
Shivan Super Laser, anyone? :rolleyes:

Hey, just outta curiosity: is there any way to make a capship/corvette/vateva use the SSL as weapon in FS1? To sorta simulate a beam, y'know. Some hardcore FREDding, perhaps? Setting a certain turret to 0% and magically setting it back to 100% at some chained event stuff thing vateva? Followed by immediately setting to 0% again after the atrocity is done? I'm refering to 200% proof, vanilla FS1 FRED, of course.
Selectah Fan Club Member

disregard this post

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Well sure, why not? Just mount it as a turret weapon.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
But the thing with the SSL is that it's way too overpowered. Hell, one shot from it can tear away 30% of a lilith's armor. but for anything else, 2 shots and anything destroyer below is space dust. i think this is why people wanna refrain from using this. (although it would be fun to see the battlefield filled with criss-crossing SSL's. ;))

[EDIT] oh crap, didn't see the last post date. :nervous:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 12:32:07 pm by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta