Author Topic: Some Sort of Major Announcement!!  (Read 20672 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Some Sort of Major Announcement!!
How was it supposed to be taken? It was a deeply unnecessary contribution - not only is tone negative and rude, but also incredibly pompous. Who the hell is Snail and why are we supposed to be interested in what setting he puts his voice volume on?

At best it's a backhanded semi-autistic way of saying 'don't worry too much about the voice quality guys, I'm just in it for the campaign' but I dread to think somebody could mangle online interaction that badly.

Uh... Is sorry enough...?

I wasn't trying to be cynical or trying to be a twat or anything, I was just saying that if it's really bad voice acting, then I will probably turn off voice. I hope we can get onto good terms here because I like to have more 'friends' than 'enemies.'

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
It's really a case of mind over matter: I don't mind and you don't matter! :lol:

Anyways, I'll put in a few lines later--maybe I'll be of use (somehow, though I doubt the audio quality).
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline Darkblade

• Lurker
    • The Babylon Project website
If there is no objection, I would want to take my try on Admiral Scotts' or Admiral Glaives' role. If they have already been taken, then I'd like to be Squadron Leader of the 82nd Nighthawks.

But in the end, you are in command of those roles.
Mauri Darkblade Majanoja

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Well, I don't want you to be typecast. ;) You've voiced a lot of admirals lately, so I want to see how many others are interested.

But rest assured, we're still keeping you in mind. :)

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
If you need another voice from a male 20something with a foreign accent, I'll be happy to deliver.

Here's a line from Raider Wars I did: Clickety.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Topgun

If you need another voice from a male 20something with a foreign accent, I'll be happy to deliver.

Here's a line from Raider Wars I did: Clickety.

WOW, your voice is cool. mine is nasal. :(

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
Almost done?  We will see about that.  When it is finished I will reinstall FreeSpace.
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Argh, I am a bit to young for any of the roles (14...)

"If Command wants your opinion, they'll promote you to Admiral. Now shut up and focus."

You know, I have a very strange feeling about that line... like I heard it somewhere before... uhm... let me think...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
These are audition lines, not necessarily script lines.

Offline Sir T

Ok heres my first attempt at an audition. Hope its somewhat satisfactory. :) If you want I'll redo it to your specifications.  :nervous:

http://rapidshare.com/files/40838277/samples.mp3

Please be gentle its my first time..   ;7 :D

[edit] Oh this one is a very mad rendition of my movie trailer voice.. should end any hope of me getting on this mod but hey..   :pimp: http://rapidshare.com/files/40841872/trailerfun.mp3
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 03:14:56 pm by Sir T »

I'd like to audition for it.

p.s , any idea how close we are to release ? e.g , a date ?  a month, two months? How long are we looking at here?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I'd like to audition for it.

I am not inclined to accept your auditions, due to your previous unsatisfactory history in voice acting.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 04:04:14 pm by Goober5000 »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Sir T or VC?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Clarified.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Sir T looks good as one of the Captains... I'm not really feeling him as one of the in-game guys, not urgent enough...

No offense, just a suggestion. My two cents.

Offline Sir T

No offense taken. That was my first attempt and was done in one take. I've sent him some other samples with me varying my voice a lot and with better recording equipment and software. I think they came out ok, but my opinion really doesn't matter. :warp:

Regardless if my voice is just used as one of the captains I'll be happy enough. Its their baby, I'm happy to contribute in whatever capacity they feel right for the project. Obviously I'd like to be used more than that of course, who wouldn't :D

Offline DiabloRojo

• Como los chupacabras para desayuno.
    • Dienet - The Place You Go to Die (back after 5 years, baby!)
I know I'm a complete noob to HLP, but I saw this and couldn't pass up giving it a shot.  If any of this is at all promising to the powers that be, I'll invest in a mic that will let me get inflective/emotional without overloading it.  As it is, I had the input cranked to 11 and had to be literally right next to it.  Still, recording didn't turn out too bad for a 12-year-old microphone from an IBM Aptiva.  ;)

Admiral Jason Scott
Wingman 1

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Those are actually pretty good. :) I'd say the microphone would be well worth the investment. :)

Offline Sir T

I agree. You have a very good voice there.