Author Topic: Some more highlights  (Read 28208 times)

Offline Nuclear1

The question is now, what message?
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
What I understand is the stuff behind the image is encrypted using PGP, and its probably a message of some sort.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Nuclear1

Oh.

Ohhhh.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

*epiphany*

*off to look for password to decrypt that message*
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
Quote from: Matthew 19:26 NIV Version
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

"Job 16:2" from Mission: Impossible...people...(Though correct me if i got the number wrong, ive not watched MI for a while).
You know that scene where Ethan Hunt starts quoting the Book of Job in his e-mails to Max.

I wonder if there is a connection between that scene and our current puzzle
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Quote from: Job 16:2
I have heard many things like thes; miserable comfortors are you all!
The verse is pretty useless in this context thou.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
What i meant was, like Ethan Hunt looked to Job 16:2 in MI
What if part of our Answer lies in Mathew 19:26

TRUE SHIVAN

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Nuclear1

Just as a note, Goober said we're not even remotely close when it comes to the 1926 bit.  The Matthew verse is a coincidence. 

"God of Ohio State" refers back to the Engrish version of the FS Ref Bible.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Which is why I'm reading it, and trying not to die through bad language.

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
Ah...Talk about going off on a tangent...

*terran_emperor gives a facepalm of biblical proportions

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Well, I read it. I didn't notice anything of interest, except that it mentioned the Ross 128 Incident.

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
The stuff in the picture looks like it's the private key. It's used to decrypt things encrypted with the public key. It may require a passphrase to operate. Gaining the public key achieves nothing useful unless you have a message encrypted with the private key.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Maybe the noise-ified shivans picture or the orders contain an encrypted message?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline MikeRoz

So, who is Isaac Stone?

More in a few minutes.
Rave reviews of my previous posts:
"Wow.  Just wow.  Well, just about the whole post is devoid of reasonable technical merit and accuracy." -Enki
"Wow, he just wasted about an hour of his life." -MachManX
"There are 5 million things wrong with your post, of which many have already been pointed out..." -blackhole
"Grrr. Someone please monkey mike...He's causing more problems than he's solving" -terran_emperor
"You're not very bright, are you." - General Battuta

Offline Nuclear1

Offline MikeRoz

Code: [Select]
mrozyczk@Aurora ~ $ cat tehkey
-----BEGIN PGP PRIVATE KEY BLOCK-----

lQO+BEkCk6oBCAC0OlNm0s33BFJ/r6Y6QKm0+R3vF6AHXD4JYrZRFj7IaWBLYRqz
eekQA91PDz6+st4aIa2ZSiHfBOy9HK4Xyplbg7QJYjU/tiu+pGJDcjEvBQhKWdoY
krXe6ePipVD3jkd18d0ilzIqqdGOvJiTMmmQxNQfzSZpHLdJKZ794Wb1kSFEBUJt
CkUqFI1QQcXIM57ZGsdRQcoLjjb+nXXxay0KVVIzWiUIH+zHZ/XELYQMfEKHpf38
rhUrmLdGqkpDOyWAd205D1FJeKAT40CbglNlvrjKHAHbnb//viwrtYK9fQz9HiAw
p4QMPbyT1ItvOu0TH+5EV05gYoLR8xunNi0jABEBAAH+AwMC88VGl7l/Nqdg5oPg
HpupMwsbAiUZt3N6GVZLJa56zaLVnQcWL57FCvC5HExnUFBkGoQ9nQjdtyMzYGvi
Bj6MwT2hBIqtM7bq7siX6QxdtujcN78tQ4wrxuRBNP5k98GRALnNMAEth+FWcyw4
S/YomyX3mmX3dQetsPa/oRD2vsBRjaiaG53ZvjgEIHhEM5qb/Rt3If3qsqtwi8GD
AuFKEbebBCumzjjOzyiGFIsY0V12UqI7Ajo+cBk22Q9oBXHgHEZq9qg7vDRyeKUL
5FH+DyjPQ97yuqh1+FBdGXUxYn4Od+cjD5Dhiyf0xEn6aEyZDhlJHVvUE6OKI86s
5g4axGQ6pIlG5H4BycWqfW/QT2fSv2W5EB87ND4k0Ki08T4rIa24gt+xAYsOwOlv
/JsmJ80R+QnbobBx+F2h7FxyzAhrwpwIYHRviPPYTVSa6XjcZFAuSpuGqJQAdhZx
nSFFHiffbtokBZAdfQjp5GJ0Ljuuf3/K+ueMKYMAGwCp/pP/SlAXyXd3jU4PtaSY
fgV2HyiUiHTkAsq692JkTOYwOAEVTuhal4Tz4/0d54hHVnZXsNae1YAxiS9NBxxi
6AB07VD/aomDnIqzgpQtlILiNF4arBt/PU+R2YPZ4pugGMWRAePGEzfbQAweQROy
vHdlE5NVeOOZ3jB6W3vpfj41dFdS26rn5Q/EsLXMIJoIEAjP+69vF5uRg1UVmHOL
jhGTt+HKwMm2OW4hkvUC44lMHwm71J5U7CoVlXSZb1ZQm1nsG4jZDeizD0KTzKTK
+lZVesDIMI6EmUcDncwaeLdTq0kN77b84XZ2wVcBdtyUMifJcQHwCljcH8u1AIDp
pLABQs2W9ruRnbOHk7kS0DN/B2ZPQju2bEmkFPqoUTMysWcylOmz0fRDO0FRPqbY
MLQlSXNhYWMgU3RvbmUgPGlzYWFjLnN0b25lQHBob2VuaXguZ3RhPokBNgQTAQIA
IAUCSQKTqgIbDwYLCQgHAwIEFQIIAwQWAgMBAh4BAheAAAoJEAJI58Ezs4+8qGEI
AKpuViXsi/ottJABc1ugvwJw/OcpT9G1bD2Kg7yRM10mg/khfrBKjSOPWZp01cur
4ATRgOdXr9rFfG0NKdWF4JmZWmLdlx/uv/8fxP+Bk9otOUicR9f4VBRWZjon6ReR
r0c6QzJrILV6Ed88YJaGWWICMXoFwFpk9mbX2SS8Uxb0cI8HAYV66+cVqm3LO8mE
OOmMM0JHxCNmh1jTfkDfTV5BnalxSnXSBI13tsBxbGg9aTLM/hLSRVdnzCjjKltT
cXjFqWBKt6E5DsF22pGda7F4C7Z2zLcFN3AuW5vRw0b/x2ItQAS9R6OWF+7b81lk
3V+V4M0v2YOVwWqVSO2ryXo=
=ZMku
-----END PGP PRIVATE KEY BLOCK-----
mrozyczk@Aurora ~ $ gpg --import tehkey
gpg: key 33B38FBC: secret key imported
gpg: key 33B38FBC: public key "Isaac Stone <[email protected]>" imported
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:               imported: 1  (RSA: 1)
gpg:       secret keys read: 1
gpg:   secret keys imported: 1
mrozyczk@Aurora ~ $ cat password
hUj-Ge!ru_AraS-e?ewrE=e3e+uru9r5w*he+u=W=yetAju9puCRe@ume$EwResT

mrozyczk@Aurora ~ $ gpg --decrypt password
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: decrypt_message failed: Unknown system error
mrozyczk@Aurora ~ $
However, I was able to test encryption/decryption using this key. The passphrase required to decrypt things is "God of Ohio State" - big surprise there.

Now, was that password from before the password to the archive from last week (still haven't gotten it to work for me, but the contents were posted, so meh), or have we yet to figure out what hUj-Ge!ru_AraS-e?ewrE=e3e+uru9r5w*he+u=W=yetAju9puCRe@ume$EwResT does?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 05:51:25 pm by MikeRoz »
"Wow.  Just wow.  Well, just about the whole post is devoid of reasonable technical merit and accuracy." -Enki
"There are 5 million things wrong with your post, of which many have already been pointed out..." -blackhole
"Grrr. Someone please monkey mike...He's causing more problems than he's solving" -terran_emperor

Offline Nuclear1

Correct, hUj-Ge!ru_AraS-e?ewrE=e3e+uru9r5w*he+u=W=yetAju9puCRe@ume$EwResT was used to open the archive, but that doesn't mean it can't be used for something else.

Very, very nice work though.  :yes:

EDIT: Hmm, trying various combinations on the Holonet Restricted Area now...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 05:59:36 pm by nuclear1 »

Offline MikeRoz

Well it looks highly unlikely that string was encrypted using gpg. This is what my poor text editor tries to make out of an encrypted message:

Code: [Select]
… HçÁ3³�¼ÿ]�\þ% ö×ÔcISð½<|Æ9q´¯…~ÑV¼ÆðÄ0¯%§¯ÞÄÀ$Z;W@y€ãº£bGÀéÖY©<<ÅXø�Xd^)>ìª�¼·åÈ´€zýrÜ—¯wWmuba–‡´Ÿ3Ò.T pÚóå=ÈŠ‘›èâ�ùþ#Z
rÄ�Τçb³è

Whatever the message is that we need to decrypt using this key, it isn't going to be pretty-looking ASCII.

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
No joy getting in yet...

hUj-Ge!ru_AraS-e?ewrE=e3e+uru9r5w*he+u=W=yetAju9puCRe@ume$EwResT
anagram the capital letters you get "AUG SECRET WAR". No idea if it is co-incidence or not. But it could be relevent

I want to see if >[email protected]> is an e-mail address

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline MikeRoz

If you wish to get this set up yourselves, you can paste the quoted text from my last post into a new file and try to decrypt it to make sure you've got it right. Just make sure your text editor is set for unix line endings.

I've also tried lots of login combinations to the Restricted section of the Holonet for our friend Isaac, no luck there.

Offline Nuclear1

Okay, here's what we have:

-A public key
-A private key
-An email address
-The Einstein's orders in a .txt document
-A noisy picture of the Shivans
-A picture of the Ross 128 excavation planet
-The Hades blueprint thumbnail

Hmm...