Author Topic: Harbinger#End in the mission "The Great Hunt"  (Read 1993 times)

Harbinger#End in the mission "The Great Hunt"
I have a long habit of destroying the Lucifer myself by flying an Ursa armed with Harbingers. So imagine my shock when I entered the mission "Great Hunt" and found out that you CAN'T equip Harbingers with your Ursa.

The reason? Well, it seems that in the FSPort version 3.4 you have the wrong kind of Harbinger in stock. The only Harbinger you can select is actually "Harbinger#End" which is incompatible with Ursa. So I had to bomb the Lucifer by only using Tsunamis...  :(

I have no idea when this change has occured. When I played FSPort the last time in 2007, I didn't have this problem.

How to reproduce: Well, simply select "The Great Hunt" in mission simulator, choose Ursa and then try to choose Harbinger as your weapon.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Harbinger#End in the mission "The Great Hunt"
Good catch.  The Harbinger#End is a special variant that's assigned to Delta wing in that mission.  I figured it should be assigned to the player too, but it has several AI-specific tweaks that make that probably not a good idea.  So it's back to regular Harbingers.  I've attached a fixed mission.

The reason you weren't actually able to use Harbinger#End is because I neglected to add it as a weapon that the Ursa could carry.

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
What are the differences between the two?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
hahah - quite interesting :)

It locks faster, fires faster, travels faster, and is less likely to atomise an unshielded craft close to the impact point.  The only downside compared with a normal one is half the hull damage (but you only care about subsystem damage vs the Lucy, right?)

Code: [Select]
$ diff -u /tmp/harb-norm /tmp/harb-end
--- /tmp/harb-norm 2013-12-23 10:27:51.073794647 +1000
+++ /tmp/harb-end 2013-12-23 10:28:06.265925947 +1000
@@ -1,24 +1,24 @@
 $Model File: Harbinger.pof
 $Mass: 35.0
-$Velocity: 50.0
-$Fire Wait: 30.0
+$Velocity: 90.0
+$Fire Wait: 10.0
 $Damage: 3200
 $Blast Force: 2000.0
-$Inner Radius: 100.0
-$Outer Radius: 250.0
+$Inner Radius: 1.0
+$Outer Radius: 20.0
 $Shockwave Speed: 75
-$Armor Factor: 1.0
+$Armor Factor: 0.5
 $Shield Factor: 0.01
-$Subsystem Factor: 16.0
-$Lifetime: 30.0
+$Subsystem Factor: 20.0
+$Lifetime: 20.0
 $Energy Consumed: 0.0
 $Cargo Size: 40.0
 $Homing: YES
  +Type: ASPECT
  +Turn Time: 1.5
- +Min Lock Time: 7.0
- +Lock Pixels/Sec: 25
- +Catch-up Pixels/Sec: 50
+ +Min Lock Time: 3.0
+ +Lock Pixels/Sec: 35
+ +Catch-up Pixels/Sec: 60
  +Catch-up Penalty: 15
 $LaunchSnd: 97
 $ImpactSnd: 101
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...