Author Topic: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!  (Read 222588 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!
Done... be sure to vote in the poll.  :rolleyes:  I couldn't create a normal topic.  :lol:

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this fir
Since we had a good crowd last weekend, I'm going to go back to starting at 4:00 EST like we used to, which gives us more time to play. Note that this now corresponds to 9:00 GMT, not 10:00 GMT, and the first post has been updated to reflect this.

Offline castor

• http://www.ffighters.co.uk./home/
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this fir
So.. CP5670 has agem on NOW! Join pls :)

Offline Shade

What a night. After weeks of banging our collective heads against a wall on odd_m02 with anything up to 7 players, we *finally* got it today... with only 3 people :p And that wasn't the only thing that worked out great - In fact, we were pretty much leading a charmed life all evening and even fared somewhat decently with 4 people on a mission that's damn near impossible without a full 8.

Also had a decent turnout, hitting 5 people for a while. Still a far cry from the number of people who were playing during the holidays, but 5 isn't bad :)
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Wait till Christmas season.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I've seen a number of people playing over the last few days with the Thanksgiving break, so we should probably get more people than usual today. Starting time is the same as last week.

Offline Shade

Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!
We're starting up now. Come one, come all, and join the fun :)
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
I'll see if I can.

EDIT: Good game, I had to leave halfway through. Maybe a mod next week? BtRL?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 05:21:31 pm by colecampbell666 »

Offline Alexis

Hi all, I'm a complete newbie to the boards and thats because I've only just managed to get a copy of FS2 onto the same machine with internet on :)

I got FS2 as a xmas present in 1999 after my brother, father and I had breathlessly awaited this masterpiece afte playing the demo with wild abandon. We played it for years on our one machine that had the spec to run it, unfortunately the hard drive we had was a 1Gb hard drive and since FS2 had to share it with windows there were times where we had to uninstall it (Ugh) and share it with UT.

Now I have 8Mb broadband... and its been so long since the games release that nobody seems to play it anymore...

So if you guys are still around, and the movement on these boards indicates so, I'll be keeping an eye out for a sign... and I'll be there! :D

Offline Shade

We're playing every saturday at 9pm GMT - Just show up and you're more than welcome to join the fun :)

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
I suggest that you get FS2_Open if you haven't already. You need it to play multiplayer.

There are many other games going on besides that of Shade and CP, I host sometimes and many other people will just start up a game. There are several mods, such as Wing Commander Saga and Battlestar Galactica played on FS2 multiplayer, try them all. Oh, and don't make an account at PXO, make one at fs2netd.game-warden.com

Just because my calendar isn't always updated doesn't mean there isn't a game going on, the FS2 Game Viewer can help you there.

AND Alexis,
                  :welcomeorange:

Offline Shade

Starting up about now for any who want tin on the fun :)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Damn it... I was too late. :(

Offline castor

• http://www.ffighters.co.uk./home/
What is? They're on now :)

Offline Aphil

• Proud Canadian
Heh Once I get Open up and running you can expect to have me shootin it up with you guys ^_^ Also is the new multiplayer have lag like PXO? I know thiers always a little lag no matter what but is it lower then what we had with PXO?
Officially fixed FSO. No more errors! Thanks to all who helped. Will play multiplayer anytime!

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Depends on the host, and for the most part, no. Remember, the server needs donations, though.

Offline Aphil

• Proud Canadian
Well atleast we won't have that EVIL fire lag... I hated when my missles locked and took 5 seconds to launch and by then my target was out of my LOS :'( (LOS= Line Of Sight)
Officially fixed FSO. No more errors! Thanks to all who helped. Will play multiplayer anytime!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
My internet burped last night. Did you guys get the intel cross?

Offline Shade

Yeah, we managed it. Terrible luck to lose connection that late in the mission :( At least we seem to pretty much have that mission down by now, so it should not be too much of a problem to do it again next time if you need the medal :)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Yeah, I think we know the strategy cold by now. It should be easy to do it again if needed.