Author Topic: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!  (Read 221443 times)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this fir
I removed BloodEagle's game from the "fixed games" list. It doesn't make any sense to have it there if it's not running regularly. :p

My games run pretty much every Saturday at the same time, but I usually can't say for sure whether I will be free on a given weekend more than a few days in advance, so I will keep putting them in the main schedule for now.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this fir
I'll start a game up shortly. I might end it early if there aren't enough players. This seems to be a busy time of the year for most people judging from the "last flight" section of the rankings, but hopefully there will still be a decent crowd.

Offline Shade

Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!
Good run this evening. Much better showing than last saturday, and even managed to get a few medals for people in addition to having fun :) Just so all the no-shows can see what they're missing - Busy time of the year or not ;)
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!
Yeah, several new guys came today. Always good to see the multiplayer community expanding.

Robin Hood still continues to confound us though. The friendly AI in that mission has some of the most irritating behavior I've ever encountered in FS2. At least I now know that you can't equip them with decent primaries or bombs. :p

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Wow! It's been 20 days since I updated the calendar. I forget about it if no one posts in the topic!
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
The day-by-day part of it has pretty much served its purpose anyway, at least for now. We've settled into a regular schedule of having the games at 10:00 GMT on Saturdays, with either me or Shade hosting, and there is very little activity during the rest of the week at this time of the year.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
You now have a fixed game.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Looks good. I removed Psychoo's game from the fixed list though. He hasn't played at all for nearly a month, much less hosted.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Just FYI, I'll be starting late by about 15 minutes today. I got back home a bit later than I expected and need to do some stuff.

[edit] Looks like nobody is available today in any case. If you want to play a bit later, post here. I'll check the thread every now and then.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 03:31:26 pm by CP5670 »

Offline Shade

Been around, but there's noone else I've seen. Might be the summer/winter time change that's messing it up (we actually only just hit 10pm GMT 15 minutes ago :p), but then again people might just be busy.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
You have DST in Denmark? For some odd reason I was thinking that it was only a North American thing. I must be off of it.

Offline Shade

Oh certainly. How could we possibly not have something that continually serves to confuse? Wouldn't want to feel left out, now would we? Still, bought me an extra hour of sleep between saturday and sunday, which was rather nice.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Been around, but there's noone else I've seen. Might be the summer/winter time change that's messing it up (we actually only just hit 10pm GMT 15 minutes ago ), but then again people might just be busy.

Probably a combination of both. I saw one guy online (on the website) a little before I hosted, but nobody joined so I quit after 10 minutes or so.

To make things more confusing, the DST dates have changed this year for most of the US and Canada. Windows apparently doesn't know this and has been automatically setting the clocks on my computers back a week in advance. :p

Offline Shade

Doesn't look like there would have been anyone besides you and me playing tonight anyway, so I guess if we had to pick a week for time-confusion this one would be a good choice for minimum impact.

I have been watching the website for hours because I was uncertain what people would interpret as 10pm, and I've seen noone online at all. I even missed your game but that was just due to me slacking and not reading about the 15 minute delay until well after the fact, and thus assuming that I'd got the time wrong due to the potential for confusion when noone was around :p

On another note, being that I was working today (I hate working saturdays...), the prospect of actually sleeping during the night for a change doesn't sound so bad :)

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures

To make things more confusing, the DST dates have changed this year for most of the US and Canada. Windows apparently doesn't know this and has been automatically setting the clocks on my computers back a week in advance. :p
My GPS did that a week ago when I was in the middle of nowhere.  :hopping:

Offline Shade

Let's try to avoid letting the time confuse everything this time round. In that interest... what time is it, and how long until the game? Because there are too many possible interpretations even for such a simple question :p

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
It's about 8:00 GMT as of this post, which now corresponds to 3:00 EST, so it's about two hours until the game at 10:00 GMT. Note that this is a hour later than we used to start playing, although 5:00 EST was generally the peak time back then so it might be better to just keep it like this, at least until the thanksgiving weekend (when presumably more people will come).

Offline Snail

• SC 5
DAMN IT

That ****ing sensative escape key strikes again! :hopping: :hopping: :mad: :hopping: :hopping:

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
There needs to be a confirmation box when you have the choice to respawn, and you hit escape... should I post in The Source Code Project?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Definitely.