Author Topic: Old Reviews and Feedback thread Episode 1  (Read 20003 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Re: Reviews and Feedback thread
Still haven't had a pull request for multilock.
Silly me, forgetting about that. You're right
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Torchwood

• Mechanical Templar
Re: Reviews and Feedback thread
Thread, I command thee to rise from your grave!

After three times playing through the new Wings of Dawn (and a bit of the old one just to get a picture of how much the remake imrpoves on it), I am ready to give my personal review.

Wings of Dawn has been my favourite Freespace fanmade setting ever since I've discovered it. The animesque atmosphere has been a welcome breath of relief from the grim darkness of regular Freespace 2 and the looming threat of extinction-by-Shivans that appears all but inevitable. In contrast, even when at it's darkest, Wings of Dawn never fails to shine brightly with hope for the future with a look and feel that says 'epic space fantasy' through and through.

The remake has done an excellent job enhancing what made the first Wings of Dawn such a joy to play. I daresay the Visual Novel engine is the most revolutionary breakthrough for storytelling devices since the interactive cutscene.

The new Wings of Dawn is even more pleasing to the eye than its predecessor, thanks to the improvements made to FSO since then. The gameplay is also improved thanks to some new features such as the multilock system. I was very excited for the homing lasers, and they did not disappoint.

All in all, I've had a great time following the adventures of Dawn Crossfire and her merry band. Well, except that one time I got lost in a space colony, but that's another story for another time. Can't wait to see what the future has in store for them.

This total conversion has my seal of approval and my official letter of recommendation.