Author Topic: Not downloading it right?  (Read 4617 times)

Not downloading it right?
So I am not getting an error message… It's more like there's nothing to get an error message on. I click download, and when it asked me where I downloaded to the same folder all of the other campaigns like blue planet are in. It automatically downloads as an rar file, and then when I go to the launcher, it doesn't seem to register the campaign at all

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
Re: Not downloading it right?
Did you extract the .rar file?

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Installation <should> be a really easy progress:
1. Download the game, it comes in a .rar
2. Extract the .rar, it's a standalone, so you can extract it basically anywhere on your pc. Doesn't have to be with the rest of your Freespace installation. Though it could be, if you want to.
3. Use the launcher in the now extracted wings of dawn folder, check your settings in it, and run the game
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Right now it's in download folder. When I right-click on it, I see options like open with, send to, share with, properties... no extract option.

You'll need an extraction program that can open .rar files, they are not natively supported by Windows.
Something like WinRAR, 7zip, PowerArchiver, etc.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Did WinZip, extracted to Freespace 2 folder. It showed up in the launcher... but I get this error when trying to open.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Be sure to select the Fs2_open_Wings_of_Dawn-EX7.exe that is in WoD's folder, in the launcher.
WoD needs its own build to run, and you have to tell the launcher to use it
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline -Norbert-

Also you can make screenshots with the the key to the right to your F12 key (should be "print" or something in english or "Druck" on german keyboards), which is easier, quicker and better quality than making a photo of your monitor.

You can then insert the screenshot into any picture program, including the native windows stuff like Paint.