Author Topic: Fenris cruisers  (Read 83578 times)

Offline Nuclear1

It says when the Terrams discovered subspace somwhere, I think in one of the cancelled cutscenes, but I don't know where the scripts are anymore.

Not particularly when. The FS Ref Bible does say that the nodes required for interstellar travel were discovered by a Prof. J. Whiteside, though it gives no dates.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Tis true, t doesnt really go into dates much, just speculation.
We were a system state before Inter-system jumps, but Intra system jumps could have been developed years before, you never know  ;7
(s/p fix)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
It says when the Terrams discovered subspace somwhere, I think in one of the cancelled cutscenes, but I don't know where the scripts are anymore.

Not particularly when. The FS Ref Bible does say that the nodes required for interstellar travel were discovered by a Prof. J. Whiteside, though it gives no dates.

I'm pretty sure there is a canon date somewhere, but I'll need to get home first (and have dinner!), before checking.  I think it's also said that the Vasudans were earlier into space than the Terrans, although same conditions apply.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I belive you are right on that one.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
me too! That would explain the somewhat more advanced vasudan designs then compared to the terrans. I mean in terms of reactors at least. But the designs of theyr ships is also somwhat more advanced. This could be from the fact that they were at least some years ahead of the terrans in space posibly even a few decades. But that doesnt mean the subspace tech came in much the same fashion. I beleive that both species developed subspace drives in much the same time frame.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
me too! That would explain the somewhat more advanced vasudan designs then compared to the terrans. I mean in terms of reactors at least. But the designs of theyr ships is also somwhat more advanced. This could be from the fact that they were at least some years ahead of the terrans in space posibly even a few decades. But that doesnt mean the subspace tech came in much the same fashion. I beleive that both species developed subspace drives in much the same time frame.
I'm inclined to disagree, the only superior Vasudan desgins are the Hatshepsut and (only in some ways) the Sobek. Think about the Mentu versus the Aeolus, or the Typhon versus the Orion (despite what the tech description says) the ships of the GTN are far more advanced than those of the GVN

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
In terms of reactors, like AlphaOne said the vasudan are somewhat superior, remember that the Deimos uses vasudan reactors for power.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
I'll grant you that... but the Vasudans seem behind everywhere else except for beam technology- and I'm not convinced that that's not just because the Terrans can't afford the latest in all of their ships.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
I remember seeing somewhere that they prefer to count more on their numbers and rate of fire of their weapons than anything else, perhaps thery're more advanced in construction techniques to support a larger army and this kind of strategy?
But still wouldnt say why they cant build an actually decent cruiser. Actually are there any fan made vasudan capital ships?

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I'll grant you that... but the Vasudans seem behind everywhere else except for beam technology- and I'm not convinced that that's not just because the Terrans can't afford the latest in all of their ships.

The Vasudans are excellent engineers in general, but behind on weapons tech, IIRC.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
The Vasudans are excellent engineers in general, but behind on weapons tech, IIRC.
But their beams are generally superior to Terran beams, and other then the Mekhu HL-7, their "light" weapons are all the same as the Terrans.   :doubt:

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Regarding the question of just how many refugees made it out of Capella, I seem to remember one of the briefings near the end of the campaign (in fact, it may have been the last briefing) stating that the evacuation was all but completed at the time of the supernova.  Didn't one of the convoy members in the last mission say that their few ships were the last of the evacuees?  I also seem to remember Petrarch mentioning something about most of the inhabitants of Capella making it out safely in the ending cutscene.  I was always under the impression that the vast majority of that 250 million managed to make it out of Capella before the end.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Why dont the terran fleet utilizes the vasudan beams? That would give all ships a definitive edge.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Why dont the terran fleet utilizes the vasudan beams? That would give all ships a definitive edge.

The technology is probably just incompatible (although the Deimos is possibly anomolous in that respect); for example, Vasudan beams could use energy conduits or cabling types radically different from those that Terran designers design for.

Or, Terrans just prefer green :D

Regarding the question of just how many refugees made it out of Capella, I seem to remember one of the briefings near the end of the campaign (in fact, it may have been the last briefing) stating that the evacuation was all but completed at the time of the supernova.  Didn't one of the convoy members in the last mission say that their few ships were the last of the evacuees?  I also seem to remember Petrarch mentioning something about most of the inhabitants of Capella making it out safely in the ending cutscene.  I was always under the impression that the vast majority of that 250 million managed to make it out of Capella before the end.

2nd last
The majority of the fleet is fending off a massive attack at the Vega node. Thousands of civilians await evacuation and the enemy continues to flood in from Gamma Draconis. We will not get a second chance to pull this off. If we fail here, we unleash the Second Shivan War. We must get the Bastion through at any cost.

last
The Security Council has authorized the deployment of the GTD Nereid. The destroyer will depart from the Vega system and collapse the node in fifteen minutes. We must therefore complete our evacuation of Capella by that time. Any ship that remains behind will be trapped with the Shivan armada.

I used to be quite convinced that millions died in Capella.  to be fair, I do have the defense of no wiki to check at that time :D

The 3rd last brief also indicate Capella is Terran, which also answer that question.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Not that Deimos is a anomaly but that it was designed in conjuction with the vasudans, it uses they reactor design so possibly its structure is hybrid as to support the both types of thecnologies. It really is true when its said that this type of ship is the foundation of tomorrow's fleet (by type I mean ships designed in conjuction by both species).

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
That and the Hecate... and we all know the Hecate is the ultimate in **** ups. So why weren't any of the Zod ships constructed with the help of Terrans?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 07:12:15 pm by Mars »

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Uh, Zods? :wtf:

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Zods=Vasudans

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
There is the Ulisses and it's vasudan counterpart IIRC.
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
But I remember that being a joint endeavour by both sides [a la the Colossus], that both sides would use against the Shivans.