Author Topic: World of Warcraft Private Servers  (Read 7317 times)

Re: World of Warcraft Private Servers
Just one more reason never to get involved in that game (or, as it may well be, any other MMORPGS). Not that I had any reason to even consider it in the first place... :rolleyes:

My view of MMOs, you've only got one life to live, you might as well live it in the real world not some pixelated fantasy one. In the end all of your achievements are nothing more than numbers in a database. In the past I've played something like UT quite a bit, but nowadays I only buy games for the single player. If the game doesn't have a story with a beginning and an end I don't want any part of it.

Real life doesn't cost you 15 bucks a month either.

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
I agree, Akalabeth.  But I tend to approach all games the same way:  It's a nice place to go for a couple of hours, but I wouldn't want to live there.  In my book, real life is always better than a video game. 

All in all, I don't think I'm going to take the private server option.  There's just too many security threats, especially with the server admins potentially having access to the Warden, WoW's anti-cheating/game protection software.  What research I've done indicates it has a few too many similarities to a rootkit, in that someone who knows what they're doing can use it as a backdoor into your system.  I disliked it what it was in the hands of Blizzard, but it really scares me in the hands of a 3rd party entity.

Thanks for the advice and feedback.
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Avatars, Characters etc :) Basically, the role you yourself are playing.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Now a days Avatar tends to remind me of Aang though...

IMO you should just play the best MMORPG ever created! Its got a constantly changing world, fill with excitement and lots of hidden secrets. Everyone is playing it! Best of all its free, no subscription, no need to download anything!

The game is called Real Life!
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken