Author Topic: "Colossus"...not actually a release.  (Read 1805 times)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
"Colossus"...not actually a release.
As you now, I started working on a FS2 campaign set after the defeat of the NTF(the intro cutscene is basically "Endgame"). Command decides to send the Colossus in the nebula, ecc. ecc.

I wanted to create a Colossus based campaign...many members criticized "High Noon" and they all wanted to see a new battle between the Colossus and the first Sathanas. "Their finest hour" has been criticized too, but we know that every attempt of creating a more realistic battle would result in a BoE mission.

I changed the original storyline quite a lot. The campaign once started during the NTF rebellion and the first combat deployment of the Colossus near Enif Station. I then decided to set it after "Endgame".

There's a new storyline, but I don't want to create missions and then scrap them. I'm simply asking you:

What do you expect from a Colossus-based campaign set after "Endgame"? Any good ideas for "High Noon II" and "Their Finest Hour II"?

I'll sit and wait  :pimp:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Nuclear1

Re: "Colossus"...not actually a release.
Well, seeing as how, canonically, the Colossus was not in the nebula, and post-Endgame the NTF was no more, I'd say you're really out of luck when it comes to finding some enemy to fight. 

You can invent some things, some canonically-based, some not.  Some examples:

1)  You could do something in the former NTF systems, fighting pirates or NTF stragglers/remnants.
2) You could theorize that a Shivan vessel before the Sathanas broke through the Knossos, forcing the Colossus after it.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Well I don't want to use mods at the moment...

There are many things the Colossus can do in the nebula...and many reasons beyond its presence in that theatre.

With the NTF down, the GTVA can concentrate its military efforts on the Shivans. I think that the GTVA wouldn't send the Colossus against remnants of the NTF or pirate...the same is for the squadrons based on it.

As I said, the campaign was in Epsilon Pegasi. I then thought that setting it after "Endgame" was better. I may change it if you want...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

perhaps something along the lines of homesick, but with say, a malfunctioning colossus instead of the deimos (sp?)

why do i have a feeling im going to regret saying that *ducks*

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I have nothing to say against BR and his campaigns, but I want C. to be a more regular campaign...not a fiction one.

I have yet to decide if the Colossus survives the battle for Capella, though...
The Lightblue Ribbon