Author Topic: Mouse bug on Linux  (Read 1678 times)

At the first screen (and the main menu) when moving the mouse it continually snaps back to the center of the screen. Anyone know how to fix this?
I'm running KDE 4.9.0 on Ubuntu 12.04

For some reason the mouse works fine if I launch the game from the command line with

./fs2_open_diaspora -nograb

But if I try the same thing from wxlauncher (enable the nograb option) I have the same mouse problem.

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Using -nograb is exactly what I was about to suggest. :) I suspect the problem is SDL-related.

Odd that it doesn't work from the launcher, though. You're checking "Don't grab mouse/keyboard in a window" under Dev Tool?

Could you paste the contents of Diaspora/data/cmdline_fso.cfg in a post? Use "code" tags by clicking on the button while you're writing your post.

Code: [Select]
The result should look like this.

Where do you have Diaspora installed? Is it in a place where you have write access, that is, not in /usr/ or /opt/ or something like that?

Also, the launcher doesn't make any changes to fs2_open data files until you press Play.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 06:52:33 pm by jg18 »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know it didn't save the options until you hit play with the launcher. I tried it again with just nograb and the mouse still snaps back to the center of the screen. With -window and -nograb it's ok.

Code: [Select]
sheldonl@holsat:/opt/games/Diaspora/data$ cat cmdline_fso.cfg
 -window -nograb
sheldonl@holsat:/opt/games/Diaspora/data$

I have full rwx permissions to the /opt/games/Diaspora directory.

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
Glad to hear you got it working, and thanks for posting how you solved it. :)

Well, it's more a work around than anything. It still doesn't work in full screen so hopefully that can get fixed for next release.

Thanks for your help!

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
Is unclutter running on your system, by any chance? Based on (admittedly old) threads like this one and this one, it sounds like it could cause problems like the one you described.