Author Topic: RELEASE: Renegade Resurgence v1.0  (Read 31323 times)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
RELEASE: Renegade Resurgence v1.0

I kept my word. As I promised, Renegade Resurgence is released on the 6th of July, 2004. This is the very first mod I release for FreeSpace, but according to my hopes, not the only one. The whole campaign was in the pipeline for far longer than I had previously expected, but seeing the final results, I can say that time was really needed and the long wait was worth. I also optimized this version to FreeSpace Open version 3.6 and I wrote a nice Readme file to enlighten you about the background of the campaign, gives advice how to install the mod and even more!

I am so grateful for all my staff members at HLP: FreeTerran, karajorma, vyper, Max_Sterling and Xelion and the one at the Mod Database, Double-click for their efforts in making Renegade Resurgence better.

You can find a link for download in the mod database profile of the Project ( http://mods.moddb.com/2704 ), or you can also download the mod from Hard Light Productions Forums ( http://www.3dactionplanet.com/hlp/ ).

Enjoy!

---

This is a pre-written guff, I have some exclusive words for the HLP community:
Can I ask you NOT to comment the quality of the models? I only slapped together some models to add something new to the campaign. In my opinion, the High poly Antwerpen-class gunship succeeded well, but the other two models are not that good. I am saying this because I do not want the entire community to turn against my modelling abilities. The stress was on the quality of the missions.

DOWNLOAD (Updated)

ATTENTION:[color]
If you want to run this campaign in Retail(Volition FreeSpace v1.2) or the HTL engine for FreeSpace Open does not work, you will need these models. If you are not familiar with the way FreeSpace handles its files, you shall follow the following steps:
1. Unextract the POF files from the ZIP file.
2. Put the two POF files into FreeSpace 2's data/models folder/directory, or if you run FSO without HTL, you will need to unextract the POF files into FreeSpace's RR/data/models directory/folder.

[EDIT (2 July 2008)]I'm starting to correct ressurgence to the correct resurgence[/] wherever I come across it.
[EDIT (9 July 2008)]Please don't bump this thread. See the patch's thread for downloads and post your feedback there.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 08:08:31 am by TopAce »
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
RELEASE: Renegade Ressurgence v1.0
Fantastic, TopAce. I posted news on the front page for you. :)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
I can appreciate it. Thanks. :)

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
AFAIK the first Hungarian Campaign in the Freespace Universe!

Cheers!

D/L-ing when I get to my broadband acces.

(...hopefully Freespacer will make a debute too in a couple of moths as strike 2)
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Originally posted by Flaser
AFAIK the first Hungarian Campaign in the Freespace Universe!

*Breaks into a smile* :)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2004, 07:26:19 am by 1079 »

Offline mitac

Some nice missions so far, but I also discovered some flaws.

- M1 : in the briefing it sounds like the pirates use the AWACS-vessel to cover their activities, like some sort of cloaking device. But aren't AWACS-ships rather used as large, flying sensor arrays? May not be a flow, either, just was sort of confused in that situation.

- Debriefing for the mission where you get to defend the Aquitaine : "Petrarch served for decades on the Aquitaine". Heh? Is this GTD Aquitaine 5.0?

Just some remarks, i'll let you know if I find any more.
marcet sine adversario virtus.

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
Snipes and the Skulls use the GTA Hamako as a cloaking device in the second mission of the first SOC loop.

Offline wolfdog

Just Finished the campaign.. Loved it!!!!:yes:

Offline mitac

Concerning the AWACS : guess I missed that. Never mind. ;)
marcet sine adversario virtus.

Not a cloaking device.  They use it as a jammer.  Slight difference in technologies there, but basically the same effect.
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'm a noob to Freespace 2, and I was having some trouble getting your campaign to work.  I got as far as the ninth mission, "Jump Node Protection," where you must protect two Leviathan-class cruisers.  Every time the mission got to the point where the Terran gunship jumps in, the game exits to the desktop, and an "Access Violation" error message is posted in the error log.  I think it has something to do with the game not recognizing the custom models.  Also, whenever I click on the "Weapons" slot in the Tech Room, the game once again exits to desktop.  The only other campaign I had installed was Deus Ex Machina, but removing that didn't make any difference, nor did making an entirely new pilot file and emptying out my other profiles.  I'm running the normal version of FS2, patched to 1.2.  I'd really like to get this running again, because I was enjoying the campaign :).

P.S.  I'm an LTWFTW (long-time watcher, first-time writer) at these forums, and it's good to finally post here :).  I'm active in the Descent 3 online community, where you can find me in the mines as "Top Gun."  I also run the POTD at PlanetDescent.  [/end of shameless plug :p]

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The weapons bug isn't to do with TopAce's campaign. Just about any campaign that alters the weapons table will do that.

As for the other bug no idea what is causing that.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Originally posted by Mongoose
I'm a noob to Freespace 2, and I was having some trouble getting your campaign to work.  I got as far as the ninth mission, "Jump Node Protection," where you must protect two Leviathan-class cruisers.  Every time the mission got to the point where the Terran gunship jumps in, the game exits to the desktop, and an "Access Violation" error message is posted in the error log.  I think it has something to do with the game not recognizing the custom models.  Also, whenever I click on the "Weapons" slot in the Tech Room, the game once again exits to desktop.  The only other campaign I had installed was Deus Ex Machina, but removing that didn't make any difference, nor did making an entirely new pilot file and emptying out my other profiles.  I'm running the normal version of FS2, patched to 1.2.  I'd really like to get this running again, because I was enjoying the campaign :).

I was afraid some of you encounters this problem. The core of the trouble is the Antwerpen model I included with the RR_v10.vp. It is a high-poly one, hi-poly enough to make Volition FreeSpace crash. I am including the lower poly model to solve the problem for you.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Thanks a lot for the help! :D

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Does it work now?

It refuses to work. I keep getting some error message about not being able to find the base file of Valkyrie#Repair, or something. Any help?
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
The first SOC mission, or the mod itself?

The mod itself
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Are you pretty sure you installed the mod properly? You know, put the .vp into FreeSpace2/RR/data/, not only FreeSpace2/RR.
I still do not understand why it happens in the first mission. When do you get the error message? When you click on the ready room, tech database or somewhere else?

Offline Zarax

Good job into usung the AWACS as jammers, i wanted to do something like it in my scuttled Rise of GCA campaign but i never finished it in the end (though i managed to put a few missions together and may very well resurrect it in the future, maybe this summer...
The Best is Yet to Come