Author Topic: RELEASE: Renegade Resurgence v1.0  (Read 31325 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
RELEASE: Renegade Ressurgence v1.0
Originally posted by Solitaire
Edit: Oh, and I'm using retail FS2, FSO doesn't like me at ALL and I had to dump it :(

Post in the SCP forum and we'll try to solve that.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I think it's rather a Mantis issue, but post in the forum anyway, at most they direct you to Mantis. Don't forget to post your specs, operating system and anything special.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by TopAce
I think it's rather a Mantis issue

Until he said what the problem was there was absolutely no way to know.

He could have simply have installed FS2_Open in a seperate folder or something trivial like that.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Or try a newer build, or the most stable 3.6.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

TopAce: Thanks, the fix worked perfectly :)  Just one more question: what's the trick for dealing with the escape pod in Warming Up? Is it supposed to be a special one-time Hermes with subsystems? If so, it's not loading :(  I'm just getting a regular Hermes, which can't be disabled. And I'm following the instructions to the letter. Any tips?

Karma: Thanks, but the initial problem seemed to be with my copy of XP, I twiddled the settings to force it to run in XP native mode and its fine now (for some reason XP really wanted to run it in compatibility mode BAD WINDOWS! :lol: ) Now I've got a nice little problem with it CTDing before beam fire, either a problem with the textures or the specular, so I've just turned them of for the time being (I'm pretty sure I've seen something like that in Mantis already, I'll have a look there before reporting anything)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
I did include that Hermes in the main model pack, do you know how to open VP files? If so, then open the RR_v10.vp and see if there is a model name that reminds you of an escape pod.

Wait... let me see if it IS in MY copy of the VP.

Ah, so it is a new Hermes with an engine. I didn't know whether you'd done that or made it a scripted event in the mission itself ("IF escape pod gets clouted up the bum with an MX70, THEN stop moving...")

There certainly seems to be the correct .pof present in the VP and a .tbl entry replacing the old Hermes with the new version; no worries there. Must be a problem with the mission script or a targetting bug in my copy only, otherwise someone would have said something about it earlier... I checked the master ships table in the VP and, voila! the Hermes in the table had its very own engine subsys. If the Hermes had been completely replaced tbl-wise by its twin with the subsystem for this mod then the new version must be spawning in the mission, so what else could have gone wrong to make the subsystem disappear? Is it a problem with having just one subsystem on a ship?  :confused:

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
No-one has already mentioned this problem. Can you target the subsystem anyway?

Nope.

I made sure that the default /data/models was clear of any escapepod01.pof then fired up the mission again. Still no subsystems. But oddly enough I disbaled it anyway. Was the subsystem hidden slightly under the pod, on its 'base'? If so then I guessed the location myself :p And if it wasn't... then god alone knows how I disabled it :wtf: In any case, let's just pretend that incident never occured :lol:

In any case, great campaign, gotta find more now to satisfy my FS2 addiction... :D Although I still haven't worked out why those Shivan-loving HoL scum were backing up the NTF of all people :p

TopAce/Solitaire,
I've encountered the main beam firing problem as well.  In the beginning of the 3rd mission, I get a CTD when the Hecate's main beams are about to fire.  Interestingly enough, it doesn't seem to be a problem if my ship is faced such that I cannot SEE the beams.  Further, as long as I'm not looking at that first shot, looking at the beams doesn't matter when they fire again.

This is the only mission or campaign I've played (so far) where I've observed this.  Most odd.

My settings, if that helps, are as follows.
FS2-SCP 3.6.7 (Happens on both the normal and the P4/XP/64 version.
mv_core.vp
mv_effects.vp
mv_models.vp
mv_textures.vp
And all the .vp's which came with the retail FS2.
Also have Lightspeed's nebulas installed under FS2/data/effects.

EDIT: Actually, I guess that should be "nebulae."  Wouldn't want to lead the none-native speakers astray.  :dizzy:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 08:39:38 pm by 3117 »
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
That is not a problem with my campaign... you are using some untested beam effects.

I don't exactly understand why, but the problem appears to be linked to using Renegade Ressurgence with the new texture packs running (jpg/tga/32bit pcx flags active). And its only the heavy and super-heavy class beams that cause the CTD - light/AAA and medium beams work properly. Only solution I found was to deactivate the new textures by resetting the two offending FSOpen flags (enable 32bit textures/enable jpg/tga textures) before any mission with a capship battle - this is by no means an ugly game even with the old textures. Of course it could be an all new problem I've not seen before...

Oh, and probably a little hypocritical for me to say this, but

:welcome:

Ah.  Right.  I forgot to list the flags I was using, but you guessed correctly.  I have most of the graphical options turned on.  I did play with those a bit to see if one of them might be responsible, but I never tried turning off 32-bit textures entirely.

I DID verify that it doesn't matter whether you run in OGL or DX8, the problem remains.

TopAce, it appears that this is an issue you are familiar with, but I was unable to find mention of it other than in this thread.  Could be I'm not using the right search parameters.  I guess what I'm getting around to is, is this a bug with the SCP and has it already been investigated?  If so, where might I be failing to look?
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
I am not specifically familiar with the problem you mentioned. I am only familiar with the unstable SCP graphical add-ons. Play without the mediaVPs, that will most likely solve the problem.

TopAce, I can't seem to find a working download link for the campaign...

The Mod database one doesn't seem to work...

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
Try here.

you just saved my life Spicious...thx for the link :D
Lightning....im always first

Error: Invalid subsystem name.

In sexpression: ( or
   ( is-destroyed-delay
      ( rand 14 25 )
      "Capricorn"
   )
   ( has-time-elapsed 165 )
   ( is-destroyed-delay 15 "Nequare" )
   ( is-subsystem-destroyed-delay
      "Nequare"
      "turret01"
   )
)
(Error appears to be: turret01)
File:mission/missionparse.cpp
Line: 4688
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

In sexpression: ( when
      "Nequare"
      "turret01"
   )
   ( add-goal
      "Nequare"
      ( ai-waypoints-once
         "Centauri node center"
      )
   )
)
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------

This happens on the mission after the aquitaine is destroyed.  Any idea what it means?  Running 3.6.7 with media VPs and no other mods, with a fresh pilot to boot.

And, I did have the tempest as primaries problem in the first mission, but I just did the infinite ammo exploit and cheated my way through it :D.
Eddie Guerrero R.I.P. 1967-2005

hey i got a problem and a question......(problem)..ok i d/l the campaign and try it, on the first mission i had no primary weapons....all i had was only 80 missles, so any ideas or suggestion........and the question is i need to clear the tables folder for this campaign like it said or something else??

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Originally posted by Depth_Charge
hey i got a problem and a question......(problem)..ok i d/l the campaign and try it, on the first mission i had no primary weapons....all i had was only 80 missles, so any ideas or suggestion........and the question is i need to clear the tables folder for this campaign like it said or something else??

Tell me which SCP build you are using. If it's retail, try the 3.6 SCP build.

Originally posted by MrBig101

In sexpression: ( or
   ( is-destroyed-delay
      ( rand 14 25 )
      "Capricorn"
   )
   ( has-time-elapsed 165 )
   ( is-destroyed-delay 15 "Nequare" )
      "Nequare"
      "turret01"
   )
)

In sexpression: ( when
      "Nequare"
      "turret01"
   )
   ( add-goal
      "Nequare"
      ( ai-waypoints-once
         "Centauri node center"
      )
   )
)

Call stack:

This happens on the mission after the aquitaine is destroyed.  Any idea what it means?  Running 3.6.7 with media VPs and no other mods, with a fresh pilot to boot.

And, I did have the tempest as primaries problem in the first mission, but I just did the infinite ammo exploit and cheated my way through it :D.

As far as I can remember, the Nequare is a Mentu. If you have some sort of upgraded HTL Mentu, remove it. If you have the stock Mentu, I don't know what the problem can be.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 12:27:11 pm by 1079 »