Author Topic: RELEASE: Renegade Resurgence v1.0  (Read 31324 times)

RELEASE: Renegade Ressurgence v1.0
well i'm using the new 3.6.7 build

I have the stock mentu, and only HTL Aeolus and Fenris, so I dunno what the problem could be...
Eddie Guerrero R.I.P. 1967-2005

hey i got another question, alright i think i'm on the last mission (taking out the NTI samson???) does anyone know where i can find the GTI Samson and the HC somtus????  i try search in the hades combines....

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Re: RELEASE: Renegade Ressurgence v1.0
The model is included in the main package. Where did you download the mod?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

i dl at hades combines, but i think i found the models somewhere in this forum.....

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
So you finished the campaign without any trouble (after you have found the models)?

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

i found it bout a week after i finish the campaign.......so most part was easy just some missions where difficult.......

Offline Spider

Alright, heres my story and why I thought it would be best for me to post here.

Had the retail FS2 for a long time now, but just recently have I been trying to get into all these other things, the SCP and player made missions.  So, I have RR and I'm not even sure I installed it right, but since I can play it with the SCP(hope I installed that right too) I assume I got most of it right.  In the beginning, like most people, I had just tempest missiles, after a while, I figured out that if you just call in the support ship, it fixes it, I don't think its the weapons I should have, but its something and makes you feel like you have an actual chance.  So, I just do that when I don't have the right stuff but then, in the spy mission, not only do I not have weapon, the whole wing doesn't, I call support and I'm fixed but I just can't beat it...I also get some error message...some turret message thing.  So, I came looking around and kinda already knew about hardlight but now I came into the forum, ran a search so I can find the stuff to d/l to fix my problems, but I mostly find dead links.  So now, instead of just fixing it during gameplay, I was wondering if there have been some upgrades or something so that I could d/l that fix these problems...and I'm hoping that the post here would get some interest to help me out.  Really, anything would help, I hope I get some posts.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
The issue about not having weapons in the first mission is not unheard of, but there is little I can do to fix, it works correctly for me EVERY TIME I run RR.

As for the files, I know that most of the RR links are broken, I lack a reliable FTP server: swooh is long gone, I often could not connect to GameWarden, and myftp.com is not free anymore.

Offline neoterran

This campaign is great, but is there anything we can do to fix the planets being low quality for the SCP ? I tried replacing the planet files myself with the free downloads off game warden but they're not big enough, you can see the green placeholders. Since the rest of the campaign is so high quality, the planet issue is the only thing holding me back from fully enjoying it.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
What is your problem exactly? Do you see the low-res planets with their GREEN background or you cannot use Lightspeed's hi-res planets? Lightspeed's hi-res planets work fine for me. Or is it some kind of planet image that is made for RR?

Thanks for the positive feedback, anyway.

Offline neoterran

Well, I'm getting some artifacting with the planets edges. They don't looks so bad, but the edges do. I tried just replacing the planets myself half-heartedly with some of the free planets off game warden, but obviously I ran into the size issues, and didn't spend any more time on it.

I feel it's a big deal because you're so close to the planets and looking at artifact edges kind of wrecks suspension of disbelief. Some of the smaller planets are okay, it's the Big ones (I've only played the first 2 missions) that seem to have problems.

Example :

« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 01:33:43 pm by neoterran »
Chief Grognard.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Screenshots would definitely help.

Offline neoterran

There you go ;0P
Chief Grognard.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
I see what you mean, that's a planet Staffer FreeTerran made for me using a Photoshop plugin (can't remember it's name). It is exactly what it looks for everyone. Since that PS plugin no longer works for me, I cannot even attempt to make a higher-res version. I regret that.

Offline neoterran

yeah like I said, I guess I am spoiled by the planets in Derelict. Planets are very important because they really set the whole mood and when they don't look realistic, it kind of sets it off on a bad foot, especially considering how good the actual gameplay in this one is and the new weapons, etc. I think just a new planet there would be a nice upgrade to RR, I'm not sure if the other planets are this quality because I havent' gotten that far yet.

If this campaign sucked like so many others, I wouldn't care, but it doesn't, so it's kind of like seeing a crown with a missing jewel.
Chief Grognard.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
That lava planet is the worst in the campaign, you'll only see better ones.

I don't know if anyone has had this problem with freespace open, but when I play the mission, Open Cards, I get an error. When the NTF capital ships arrive, the game shuts down and the error is: Freespace has encountered a problem and needs to close. Is there amy fix to this or anyway around it?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Run a debug build and see if it says anything different.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
It may be a modelling problem. I guess you're using a mix of MediaVPs and those might cause the crashes. I also had this problem in the first RR mission when I had messed with some of the Hecate files and tables. After reverting to vanilla FreeSpace, it all worked. It was during the time I didn't use any FSO whatsoever, so I don't know changing stuff in MediaVPs is different, or if it's anyway connected to the problem you're having.

My suggestion would be that you remove your MediaVP files and run a build that is the most stable for you. If it crashes then, too, then the problem is something else.