Author Topic: RELEASE: Renegade Resurgence v1.0  (Read 31322 times)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
RELEASE: Renegade Ressurgence v1.0
It is strange everyone has different errors.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Just finished the campaign...excellent work :D.  The last mission was particularly fun, although I had some apprehension upon first sighting the enemy fleet. My favorite mission was earlier on, though.  I don't remember the name, but it had two Orion-class destroyers jumping through a node and attacking your fleet, and you had to TAG the four or so enemy capital ships.  That's the best capital-on-capital combat I've seen in FS2 :D.  My one complaint is that one command briefing is contained in a mission that you skip if you defeat the Phobos in mission 15.  It's solved easily enough by extracting the mission and looking at it in FRED, but it's still a little bit of a bug.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Spoiler:
I have a silly question, are you supposed to be able to save the Aquitane? I'm guessing nay, since the rest of the campaign seems to go along with it...but there wasn't much reaction to it either, just a command brief...maybe I'm just picking up on the lack of voice acting though.

It was sort of annoying to have to fly 18 km to the Vasudan jump node, I was very thankful for time compression. ;)

Edit: Agh, spoiler not code.
-C

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
To WMCoolmon:
Spoiler:
No, you aren't supposed to defend it. And rushing to the jump node may be annoying, it is just supposed to increase the feeling that you are a real pilot, who has just lost his flagship and has to escape.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2004, 02:28:24 am by 1079 »

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Originally posted by Mongoose
....  My one complaint is that one command briefing is contained in a mission that you skip if you defeat the Phobos in mission 15.  It's solved easily enough by extracting the mission and looking at it in FRED, but it's still a little bit of a bug.

Huh? What? Can you explain this bug in another words?

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
All right...if you do manage to destroy the Phobos in mission 15, the campaign file will skip over mission 24, where you'd have to destroy the Phobos otherwise.  Unfortunately, mission 24 also contains a command briefing that reveals a little bit more of the plot.  I was just stating that, to see that briefing, you'd have to extract the mission and read it in FRED.  It might have been a better idea to put the command briefing in a mission that is not skipped over.  Other than that, though, the campaign was great :).

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
I ashame myself of that bug. :(

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
I ran a debug build and got this:
---------------------------
Warning!
Warning: The subsystems defined for the GTGs Antwerpen can take more (or the same) combined damage than the ship itself. Adjust the tables so that the percentages add up to less than 100

File:e:\cvs\fs2_open\code\ship\ship.cpp

Line: 2744

Call stack:

------------------------------------------------------------------

fs2_open_ex_d.exe 0074a245()

fs2_open_ex_d.exe 0074a6cd()

fs2_open_ex_d.exe 00648e02()

fs2_open_ex_d.exe 00653311()

fs2_open_ex_d.exe 0065358a()

fs2_open_ex_d.exe 009ecb07()

KERNEL32.DLL 7c581af6()

------------------------------------------------------------------

[ This info is in the clipboard so you can paste it somewhere now ]

Use Yes to break into Debugger, No to continue.

and Cancel to Quit
Yes   No   Cancel  

Although it doesn't seem to be over the limit... :wtf:
-C

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
I definitely remember fixing this bug(Thanks to Karajorma for pointing it out and explaining how it could be fixed. :)).
The value is exactly 100.

[EDIT] Oh, yeahh ... being exactly 100 is the problem.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2004, 04:02:58 am by 1079 »

Hmmmm, I have run into a rather odd bug.

I start mission 1, and what do I see? I got no primaries, whatsoever, and only a bay of Tepmests, that's what. I installed the file where it's supposed to go, so I don't think that's an issue. I haven't downloaded the patch file or whatnot yet, so that may be it. I am also running vanilla FS, as I just recently re-installed FS on my machine and have been to lazy to download FSO again, but I don't think that should cause an issue, as the readme says it can work in vanillia.

EDIT: I just got the update file, and it still is doing that to me.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 11:54:42 pm by 1701 »
tianjun1298 > Your this only the fine insect which escapes from the condom

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
In theory, RR will be able to be run in Retail FS. After a long time of me not touching the mod, I started to make the missions better, but then, with FRED_Open. Funny thing is that I always used the 'Save as Retail format' option and it seemed to work. But it appears this error can little be known as a bug in the 'Save as Retail format' option, since you were able to run the mission itself. Sounds like as if it were an error in the campaign file, but it is strange that some other people(read above) were able to play RR without any technical problems.

I am opening the campaign file and try to see what may caus FS_Retail to be enough evil to do not give you any primaries.

[EDIT] Still haven't opened the campaign file because:
The standard armament(spelling may be wrong, correct me if it is) for you in mission 1 is:
Subach HL-11
Subach HL-11
----
MX-70
MX-70
Tempest

In conclusion: The weapons.tbl may be missing.

[EDIT2] I took a look at both the campaign file and the weapons.tbl and both seem to be correct.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 04:57:03 am by 1079 »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Just try open the campaign file in standard FRED and save it again. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
It is worth a try from all aspects. My bad I have just erased my FRED retail shortcut from my desktop. :D

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
It is worth a try from all aspects. My bad I have just erased my FRED retail shortcut from my desktop. :D

Here is the campaign file re-saved by Fred_Retail. I am hoping it makes any change.

:(

Nope, still not working man. Tried a fresh install new pilots, everything.....

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
FreeSpace Open? Try FreeSpace Open as well.
Did you install the mod as Retail FreeSpace is expecting you to do? I mean did you make sure RR_v10.vp is the first in the queue? (renaming to 1_RR_v10.vp for example). And .. is the .vp in the root FreeSpace directory?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 11:31:30 am by 1079 »

The vp is in the root directory, and, yes, I installed the mod as retail. I havent tried it int FSO yet, because I havent downloaded FSO again. And it is the first in the queue. Matter of fact, only vp other than the ones required to run the game.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Can I get a snapshot of your root FS dir?

OK, I received it via E-mail. The problem seemed to be that the root_fs2.vp was sooner than the RR_v10.vp. But I still do not know if it solved the problem. So, Dough with Fish, did you chase the problem away?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
How come wasn't that a problem for anyone else on FS2 Retail?

I can understand why people using -mod didn't experience it on FS2_open but that's rather odd.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Originally posted by karajorma
How come wasn't that a problem for anyone else on FS2 Retail?

I can understand why people using -mod didn't experience it on FS2_open but that's rather odd.

He said he had just reinstalled the game and he still hadn't installed FSO. So he used the FS_Retail way to install this.