Author Topic: RELEASE: Renegade Resurgence v1.0  (Read 31323 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
RELEASE: Renegade Ressurgence v1.0
I know. What I was asking was how come no one else who played on retail had this problem.

Is everyone else using FS2_Open? :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
They certainly put the RR_v10.vp to the first of the .vps. So they renamed it to 1_RR_v10.vp or something else.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Originally posted by TopAce
FreeSpace Open? Try FreeSpace Open as well.
Did you install the mod as Retail FreeSpace is expecting you to do? I mean did you make sure RR_v10.vp is the first in the queue? (renaming to 1_RR_v10.vp for example). And .. is the .vp in the root FreeSpace directory?

I used FS Open, and yes the vp is in my root directory. I still have the same problems.

Nope, still got the problem, although a few things changed. For starters, instead of flying a Myrmidon, I'm in an Erineryis (sp?) And instead of Tempests, I got Alligators.
tianjun1298 > Your this only the fine insect which escapes from the condom

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Originally posted by Dough with Fish
Nope, still got the problem, although a few things changed. For starters, instead of flying a Myrmidon, I'm in an Erineryis (sp?) And instead of Tempests, I got Alligators.

In mission 1? :wtf:
It may be because of my 'campaign building style' that I allow every single fighters/weapons by default, I simply do not allow the player to fly/carry them in earlier missions.
@Triple Ace: Try using the -mod parameter. It looks like I trusted the 'Save as Retail format' option too much.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

will this work with freespace2?

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Do you mean the Retail(Volition version?(Not  FSO)) FreeSpace?

Ok, I used the -mod command but now when I go to jump out of a mission I get a message that says engine failure, unable to warp out.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
I have heard that mentioned somewhere else. I think it's a wierd FSO bug, IIRC.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Originally posted by Triple Ace
Ok, I used the -mod command but now when I go to jump out of a mission I get a message that says engine failure, unable to warp out.

You are playing on Very Easy. I have just discovered this bug while testing one of the missions in my newest campaign.

Originally posted by TopAce

You are playing on Very Easy. I have just discovered this bug while testing one of the missions in my newest campaign.

Thought I had it on a harder setting. I never put it on very easy.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
8. There are ONLY 8 people who at least tried to install the mod.
Has anyone else dowloaded Renegade Ressurgence from HLP?

Offline Zarax

Downloaded but not yet played...
The Best is Yet to Come

I'm trying to play RR, but i've got some problems.  I am running FSO and I put it in the \RR\data directory, and use -mod RR...but when I hit run, it just blankes the screen for a second, then goes back to desktop.  If I remove -mod RR I have to reboot to get FSO to work at all.  

I can play it in FS Retail, but I have the same no primaries and a bank full of tempest problem that someone else had.  So it seams I must keep trying to defend the transport with 80 dumb fire missiles until there is a respons.  :)
"Reality is the only word in any language that should be used in quotes."  -Lauren

Offline Cyker

I did, still playing it through.

It's pretty rockin' so far - Finally am able to take my beloved Ares out for a bit of long-range Tree-shooting :D

I get CTD's every few missions but this is likely down to these memory leaks everyone keeps talking about ;)

Seems stable so far; Am using the release version of v3.6, not other updates, with all the media vp's, and being launched via Launcher v5.0 and the -mod parameter (The Mod button doesn't work in Launcher v5; Keeps complaining about Spaces in the pathname!!)

Actually, Edit to my previous post.

I was using a different build. When using 3.6 build, I can use the -mod RR tag to start the mission...but the same problem still happens.  And if I die 5 times in a row, and skip the mission, I can then do things normally.  

Only in the second mission, I can't warp out.  I've tried using the support ship, but it still says my engines are broke.  

This mod looks so neat, wish I could use it.
"Reality is the only word in any language that should be used in quotes."  -Lauren

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The inability to warp out is a known bug that is explained on the 3.6 thread.

As for the other crash, Have you downloaded an avi version of the intro movie? If so remove it from your Freespace2 folder as that is currently causing problems.

If that doesn't solve your problems try making a new pilot.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
So many people have the loadout problem. I don't like it. Time to do some action!

I only wonder what.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
I didn't have any proplems
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
The only source for the loadout problem I can think about may be that you have another weapons/ships.tbl in the root data/tables.