Author Topic: RELEASE: Desperation Chapter 2  (Read 14176 times)

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
RELEASE: Desperation Chapter 2
Noted and updating now. I believe I might have found the cause for the crash in Mission 02 of chapter 2. It appears the is-goal-false has an additional line (true) that shouldn't be there. I would recommend re-donwloading the campiagn files, as I have fixed this bug now.
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Hey i got a problem here, ok i'm on the mission, when the covette takes on teh demon.....bout 10-15 second in teh game and it just kicks me out.....i know theres alot of info trying to go through, seem not enough, and it slows down the game......real slow.  It has happen to other campaigns i play.......any ideas, or suggestions?

Oh and incase you ask what computer i have?.....had this vito for bout 6 months now, umm don't know what video or game card it has, but fars i know, its got 200 gb hard drive, and 1.5 g ram....

[EDIT] - ok i'm sry i got Sony Electronics, Inc.   VAIO computer Intel(R).   Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz, 3.19GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 11:38:58 pm by 3044 »

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Nuts...even with the updated campaign files, it's still not letting me past mission 3.  I've gotten to the point where I think I can play it with my eyes closed. :p Guess I'll just resort to the old five-warpouts trick to get past it.  It wouldn't make much sense for 3.6.7 to be causing it, unless it made some changes as to how campaign files are read, and I can't see a reason why that change would have been made.

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.
Ugh - not another one!

Spoiler:

Did a message hinting of subspace collapse pop up? If it didn't then something is amiss AGAIN. If it did then ill have to look at it through notepad again. x_x

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.
ok.
Save this into your /missions folder as well as the new .fc2 file I just uploaded. It should work as planned now.

There should be no more bugs in the entire campiagn. Thank God!

The i just finish play chp 2, look good, but i'm confused as hell bout the ending??? its almost teh same ending on "deep blood"

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Just another update:  I managed to get past mission 2 by jumping out 5 times, but once I finished mission 3, it started repeating itsefl as well.  Who knows; maybe there's some bug that just involves red-alert missions.  I'm trying out your latest .fc2 file, so hopefully that will finally solve things.  If not, it looks like I'll be doing a lot of jumping. :p

Edit:  Once I got past the red-alert missions, things started getting better, but now I have a new problem.  Whenever I jump out in the "deja-vu" mission (5, I believe), I receive a mission failure, even though everything went perfectly in said mission.  I guess I should have taken your warnings about not using 3.6.7 seriously. :p It would probably be a good idea to make a Mantis post linking to this thread, so that everything that's going on that can be attributed to 3.6.7 can be recognized and fixed.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 03:40:03 pm by 1965 »

Offline Hudson

Originally posted by High Max
Yep, it's hopeless. I tried a different build, deleted the backup missions, even put all the missions in the missions folder. I even tried flying as a bomber instead of a fighter for that mission with no change. Also, in that mission, there are quite a few instances when I fire my primaries at fighters or bombers and the shots go right through the ships without even hitting them. What the hell is wrong with this mission? Is it only happening to me and no other person who downloaded this? Please have a person on the board analyze that mission "Depth in the Abyss". there is nothing I can do now and I doubt creating a new pilot will have any affect because this problem is a mission problem.

I also notice that if the Julius goes down, my subspace drives activate themselves and I can't abort the jump. Is it set up so that for example, if the Julius' hull integrity goes below 30%, I can't proceed to the next mission even if it survives?

I have no choice now but to play each of the missions after this one by using the mission simulator :sigh:

I have this same problem

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.
Originally posted by High Max
You uploaded a new fc2 file? Can you just re-upload the campaign with the changes also? I redownloaded it again a few days ago. Do I need a new fc2 file after downloading it a few days ago?

Yes, you'll need to redownload.

I think I updated the files before I left to M'sia, so do try them. The changes I made in notepad were to Mission 5, where the objectives weren't valid (again dont know why it didn't capture the change in Fred2 >_<). Everything should have been edited properly by now. Either way, if it still doesn't work, there is nothing that can be done till next weekend, when I can get back to my PC.

Mongoose: Problem has been fixed. just download the mission file in a few posts earlier, it fixes everything :)

Hudson: Avoid usage of 3.6.7, maybe redownload all the files again - especially the mission files. It's fixed a lot of bugs.

Depth_charge: Deep blood? Which campaign is that??

Anyways, the plans for Chapter 3 are all underway and FREdding will begin immediately once I get back to s'pore. Either way, I can promise a good experience next time around :)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I've discovered a little bug in FRED. Campaign files seem to be saved in Freespace2\Data\Missions regardless of where you try to save them.

Check that the reason FS2 isn't crapping up your campaign file isn't cause of that.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Hudson & High Max: Could you try my latest build and see if the same thing happens, I bumped some limits to try and fix the weapons-through-ships problem.
-C

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Nice one! :D

You know, the Julius gets a cameo apperance in my Chapter 1  heheh..

there's onyl one thing I don't really get:
Spoiler:

what's the oversized subspace effect for the Lucy?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
dammit, i'm getting the mission restart bug now. I'm using Goobers 7-28 build (don't say anything, it works perfectly for me :p).
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
If you're getting a bug it's not working perfectly is it now? :p

Offline Fenrir

• ?
Pretty sure he means the build, not the campaign.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Fair enough :)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i DID say I was using a build and not the campaign. :p

i'm gonna install the OpenAL driver and use one of the CVS builds. that might help.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Fenrir

• ?
A random question, Singh... do you have the complete versions of the songs used in part 2 missions 4 and 5? Or is it criminal to distribute those? :nervous:

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.
Yes.

For the first; its two songs, actually. For the second, its one.

If you want both, drop me a PM and we can make some arrangements :)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
bah, even with redmenace's newest CVS build i'm getting the mission repeat bug. i'll take a look at the campaign file in FRED and see what we've got here.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 12:39:09 pm by 2299 »