Author Topic: Revenge: Final Conflict - translated  (Read 47830 times)

Re: Revenge: Final Conflict - translated
Here:

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,38844.0.html

I made an extra thread for it, since people would have to look on different pages in this thread to find it. I frequently update the packages with fixed mission. :)

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
hi,
the quantum gun make the game in the orignal very unstable, too.
like now in SCP.
often you fire the gun and after 5 or 10 sec. the game crach to desktop.
but sometimes you had fire 2 oder 3 times and then crash it.

the other problem, for me, is, that i havent noticed any damage of enemy ships, if i fire with the quantum.

at the moment i play the first campain again, and note any bug in the missions that i see.

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.
attention: this english is dangerours and terrible, runaway so fast you can!

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
hi,
i have a little bit chance the settings of the frequency and range of the turrets in the weapons.tbl.
but some turrets of the vasudans ships use in the champaing not the normal turrets, they use weapons, so is the difference to the orginal tbl not so strong like by the shivans.

i think its now a little bit better to play and theres no so much troubble with reach the weapons limit.
but i havent tested it much.
hope on feedback what you think about the chance :).

Mehrpack

[attachment deleted by admin]
Nobody is Perfect.

Offline Dan1

Mission 23: Plugging Holes
-I don't know why but when someone fires the quanten G
(either me or delta wing..I had to tell them to leave) the game
crashes.

That's more a problem for Backslash :)

Sorry, doing my best but I'm not finding a problem yet.  I'm assuming you mean Mission 23: Hold position, because Plugging holes doesn't have the Quanten.  Anyway, in mission 23, I can fire the Quanten just fine.  I'm having a very large amount of trouble actually SURVIVING to fire it more than twice at the Ravana  :lol:

hi,
the quantum gun make the game in the orignal very unstable, too.
like now in SCP.
often you fire the gun and after 5 or 10 sec. the game crach to desktop.
but sometimes you had fire 2 oder 3 times and then crash it.

the other problem, for me, is, that i havent noticed any damage of enemy ships, if i fire with the quantum.

at the moment i play the first campain again, and note any bug in the missions that i see.

Mehrpack

So I guess I'll need more info... you're running it under SCP?  How recent a build, this month?  Is your hardware worse than 256MB RAM?

Nice work so far Turalyon, at least it sounds like, but... I'm almost embarrassed to ask... where are these fixes uploaded?   :nervous:

I'm running it under SCP and i'm not using this month's build.  My hardware is pretty good.  2Ghz, 768 ram and 256 MB Nvidia video card.  It also appears i'm not the only one having CTD problems with the quanten gun.  :ick:

Also as I will post in a minute, there is a mission (30) where earth is supposed to fry these ships with beams after the tagging with a missile.  This does not work as I tag them, get the message then nothing happens and I have time compressed it up to 20 mins and nothing. 

Here's some more stufferz..I think  I got the #'s wrong on some missions before but I corrected myself.:

Mission 22: Conference
-page 1  main briefing: "hold" = "held" & "emporator" =

"emperor"
-page 2 main briefing: "this weapons may" = "this weapon

may" & "4,5" = "4.5"
-page 1 mission briefing: "emperator" = "emperor"
-page 2 mission brief: "you wing" = "your wing"
-Primary Objective in German
-"Capain" = "Captain" (time index 01:28)

Mission 23: Hold Position
-page 2 main brief: "nebulareported" = "nebula reported"
-page 3 main brief: "surperior" = "superior" & "meh" = "men"
-page 4 main brief: "dozened" = "dozen"
-page 5 MB: "frequncy" = "frequency"
-page 7 MB: "lifes" = "lives"
-page 8 MB: "means" = "mean?" & "travl" = "travel"
-page 9 MB: "mintues" = "minutes" & "th" = "the"
-
NOTE:  This level seems to crash randomly for some reason.

Mission 24: New Traces
-"analize" = "analyze" (GTSC Newton)
-end mission brief: "analize" = "analyze"

Mission 25: Terminus HOL
-Objects in mission brief window in german
-Primary Objective in German
-In mission directives in german
NOTE:  This mission seems to still crash after a certain amount

of time.

Mission 26: Picking up the pieces
-page 2 main brief: "is's" = "it's" & "dozend" = "dozen" &

"nova.It" = "nova. It"
-Seconday Objective in German
-Directive "Back O Base" = "Back to Base"

Mission 27: The Last Decoy
-page 3 main brief: "lifes" = "lives"
-(during docking) "seqenz" = "sequence" & "startet" = "started"

Mission 28: Hunter
-page 1 main brief: "alliace" = "alliance" & "don'T" = "don't"
-"thenyou" = "then you" (time index 00:42)

Mission 29: and the hunted
-end of mission gave me both failure and success upon success.

Mission 30: Out of the blue
-page 1 main brief: "build" = "built" & "operations.One" = "operations. One"
-end mission brief: "hav" = "have"

-NOTE : Beams from Earth do not seem to work after tagging

targets.

Mission 31: The End
-page 1 main brief: "destroyed" = "destroy"
-page 3 main brief: "ost" = "most"
-"midn" = "mind" (time index 00:56)

Mission 32: Lost
-page 3 main brief: "trasnpor" = "transport"
-bordcomputer = boardcomputer
-"receive" = "received" (time index 01:51)
-Orion ship name in german

Cause what you got is what we need and all we do is dirty deeds!
-Best FS Campaign Theme Ever

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
So I guess I'll need more info... you're running it under SCP?  How recent a build, this month?  Is your hardware worse than 256MB RAM?

Nice work so far Turalyon, at least it sounds like, but... I'm almost embarrassed to ask... where are these fixes uploaded?   :nervous:

hi,
yes i run it under SCP, but like i say, the problem is under FS2 and SCP(FSOpen) the same, the game crash often if you use the quantum, but sometimes not, imho in 9 of 10 tries.
build is irrelevant, it crash as i try to play revenge with FSO and the orginal table in the last summer, it crash as i play the first time revange with FS2 (christmas 2004) and it crash now with the newest builds too.

PC:Ahtlon 64 3400+, 2GB Ram, 6800GT with 256MB and a Audigy 2zs, OS: win2k.

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.

Also, which file should I use? The 1.50MB file or the 600KB? Is there a difference?

You mean which download link?

The 1.5 MB version is for the retail version of Freespace 2. Inside the archive is a modiefied root_fs2.vp.
The 600 kb version is for Freespace SCP. It contains a ships.tbl and weapons.tbl instead of a modiefied root_fs2.vp

Fixed.

And by the way, it was the mission after Speed is everything.

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
I'm in that mission in which you have to destroy the Helan and another ship. The beams almost make it impossible to protect the destroyers. I'll try again, but this time I'll load an Ares with all trebuchets. Also, there is an error. I fire my primaries at a target in this mission and sometimes the lasers disappear at close range before they hit the target.

hi,
that the laser disappear is no error.
the problem is, that revenge use modificated turrets on the ships.
this turrets fire so fast and over a so long range that the weaponslimit are reach and the fire of you disappear.

so i have edit the weapons-table a little bit, its post it a few post above.
so if you fight with the shivans a) the weaponlimit its so fast reach and b) the difficault isnt so high.
in a few quick test by me it has works, but i hope any other can write some for the modifications.

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
I think it would be nice if someone slightly remade the campaign by adding mods to it, like gigas, Amritaya, etc. Also, it is too difficult sometimes, even on easy. Someone should mess with the weapon's table and slow down the firing rate of the laser turrets. :nod:

hi,
do you read my message and try my weapons.tbl?

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
omg, running through mission one and i found a load of grammar and spelling errors. is this pack up to date? :wtf:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Mind posting some of them? I fixed only what was posted here

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Well, I've already edited most of it, but the only thing i haven't been able to do anything with is the jump node icon in the briefing. shouldn't it say 'Talania Sprungknoten' instead of Talania Jump Node? :)

by the way, i'm trying to translate some of the weapons table entries. how does this look?

Original:
Der Zetor HL-2 ist der direkte Nachfolger der alten Subach und Mekhu Geschütze. Das neue Modell ist kompatibel zu Terranischen und Vasudanischen Schiffen. Zudem zeichnet es sich durch eine höhere Feuerrate und Feuerkraft aus. Das Geschütz wurde zudem speziell an die neuen Reaktoren angepasst, die seit kurzem in der Allianz zunehmend mehr im Umlauf sind.

Translated:
The Zetor HL-2 is the direct successor to the old Subach und Mekhu weapons. This new model is compatible with Terran and Vasudan craft. Its distinction from its predecessors is its high rate of fire and damage. This cannon is especially fitted for the new reactors, and although it has only been in the Alliance for a short time, it has been increasingly circulated more.

Note, the last 6 words i had some difficulty with, and the guy i asked for help who knew German had a bit of a hard time, as well.

First paragraph ever without the help of a translator. :D
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 05:00:56 pm by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

@Cobra:

The last sentence is a bit wrong. Instead of "This cannon is especially fitted for the new reactors, and although it has only been in the Alliance for a short time, it has been increasingly circulated more." it should be "This cannon is especially fitted for the new reactors that are increasingly circulating througout the alliance lately.

The circulating fact is regarding to the reactors, not the weapon.

@High Max

I can't. The mission worked well for me. I tagged the enemies and after 30 seconds, the earth beams fired

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
hi,
yeah with SCP the earthbeams doesnt fire.
in FS2 its work.

is some bug, doesnt know why, maybe i have the time to write my buglist of the frist chapter this weekend.
my notes are in german and i have to translate it *g*

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.

Offline Dan1

Re-a: Refenge-a: Feenel Cunffleect - trunsleted
If only there were a switch to make the campaign translateable this easy.
Cause what you got is what we need and all we do is dirty deeds!
-Best FS Campaign Theme Ever

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
Does this mean that I have to jump out 5 times to skip it?

hi,
na, you have two ways, you cheat with www.freespace2.com and set nur primary weapon with ^ and 0 to BFRed (satahans beam yeah!) or you edit the chapter files so that you will start the next mission if you warp out.
but i think version one bring more fun :D.

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
hi,
ok, how promise, here is my bugreport of the first chapter.
i hope the guys that edit the campain will that help.

Generell Errors/Bugs/Suggestions

Errors:
- Hercules Mk. II have only 55m/s as speed (suggestion: set to 85m/s)
- Medusa 50 m/s (suggestion: 70m/s)
- Zeus 55m/s /suggestion: 75m/s)

Suggestion:
- Replace some Hugh Turrest of the Orion with Flak Turrest

Chapter 1

Mission 1:

- Beta doenst protect the convoi of verbal order of alpha 1

Mission 5:

- Nelson have a Self-Destruction SEXP if they docking with the Titan.

Mission 8:

- Neptune destory the stolen container if they begin to fire (imho is better to set the container to invulnerable)

- Destorymessage of Neptune are 3 or 4 Sec after the Moloch have destroy the Neptune (imho its better to bind that message with a event, if that possible)

Mission 11:

- no Music

Mission 12:

- Mission doesnt End, reason unknown

- no Music

Mission 13:

- No Music

- advancement to Commodore and not Captain

Mission 13a:

- Marcopolo is in the Befrieing a Ulysses if you hit it.

- Beta very often will destory to 50% or more, if they leave the Marcopolo

Mission 14:

- Marcopolo = a Ulysess in the Briefing

- Message to start, displayed at timeindex 1:50, but the correct start after timeindex 2:00, so i think its better do display it a timeindex 2:00

Mission 15:

- Marcopolo = Ulysess - Briefing

- No message to warp out in the Oders

- No Debriefing

Mission 17:

- Show Debriefing for failure

Mission 18:

- Delta wing loose very often fighters on the start

- No Helios torpedos ?!?

- Debriefing show failure and win message

Mission 20:

- Suggestion: Doesnt make the Isan invulnerable, set the hull to 90% if they arrive

- If the Isan are destroyed theres no Message

Mission 21:

- Sentry Gun instead Sentrygun in the Missionfile

- No Helios torpedos

- Message say theres 2 Cruisers but only 1 Cruisere there, the Second Cruiseres warp with the Corvette in

- Alpha 2 drop down to 47% Hull and Alpha 3 to 42% without any reason, the Alpha wing are invulnerable

Mission 22:

- Error:
---------------------------
Error!
---------------------------
Error:  Drive:\...\Freespace2\revenge\data\missions\022-Revenge.fs2(line 2004:
Error: Required token = [#Messages] or [$Name:], found [//      //      //      //      //      //      //      //] .
File:\fs2_open\code\parse\parselo.cppLine: 633[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]Call stack:------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Game sometimes crash after missionstart: Reason Deltawing (the bombers) have Quantum-Guns

- Titan and Babylon hit there self if they attack the Ravana

Mission 22a:

- Alpha wing doesnt protech the station on Textorder.

- Shuttle of the President start after the Enterprise arrive, but they are over 300ms fast,
so the Shuttle stuck in the Hangar (suggestion: script it so that if the Enterprise are drop under a range of 3000m to the Station that the Shuttle start, if the Shuttle arrive the Station the Enterprise warp out)

- The shuttle of Khunso II dorp out after the Tara-El-Alvan arrive and stuck short time in the Hangar, but have to fly 6000m to the station

- After the Vasudan Cruiser arrive, he disappearance for a short time and come back as red on another possion, thats unreal, only chance IFF is better

Mission 25:

- Instable, if the Enemybombers close enaugh to the Allied ships or if the Kamikaze Corvette are under 3000m to the Allied ships the game crash, but im no certainly that this is the reason

Mission 26:

- Wing Omicron doesnt guard the first freighters

- Wing Omega doesnt guard the second freighters

Mission 29:

- If you disable the fighter of the HoL-Leader a Vasuand supply ship jump in, to repair the fighter

- After Delta arrive, i dont know if Delta the reason or the enemy ships are the reason, the Terran supply ship fly in circles 1 minuten, drop the figther, fly some distance away (~ 1000m), return, repair the fighter and fly now with the fighter to the Jump Point.
If the supply ship reach the jump point, its jump out and the mission is won, but the fighter stay in the system.

- Debriefing showing failure message

Mission 30:

- Tag doesnt work

Mission 31:

- No Helios torpedos

- Galatea II doesnt open fire with the Beams

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.

I think, most of them or even all of them are SCP issues.

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
I think, most of them or even all of them are SCP issues.

hi,
mhh yes but i think not so much.
i remember me, that some of that issues with FS2 be there.

and some of that issues are mistakes in the missions.
like Maropolo in the Briefing is a Ulysesses.
or no Helios torpedos and that the theres no event for the AI about the orders in the text.

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.

like Maropolo in the Briefing is a Ulysesses.

This specific problem always happens when mods collide. My first guess would be that you have other mods installed and so the table files get screwed up