Author Topic: Revenge: Final Conflict - translated  (Read 47830 times)

Offline Backslash

• Bring Our Might To Bear
Re: Revenge: Final Conflict - translated
Mission 22:

- Error:
---------------------------
Error!
---------------------------
Error:  Drive:\...\Freespace2\revenge\data\missions\022-Revenge.fs2(line 2004:
Error: Required token = [#Messages] or [$Name:], found [//      //      //      //      //      //      //      //] .
File:\fs2_open\code\parse\parselo.cppLine: 633[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]Call stack:------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I fixed this long ago... you sure you have the latest pack?  I notice on first post of this thread the file is NOT the updated one, it is called "Revenge_Translation.rar" but the updated file on the same website is called "Revenge-Translation.rar".

Also, I can't figure out why mission 30 has problems firing the beams from Earth (actually Mjolnirs far away) except that perhaps the Mjolnirs are out of range or "missing".  I hacked at the weapons.tbl to try to increase the range of the beams but it didn't work.  (They fire, but the beam still never gets to the target!)  So I made a crude fix to the mission... one beam cannon is now (barely) in range, but you can see it because it's closer.  Still, better than not being able to complete the mission.  File is attached.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I would like to ask if the download link at the start is updated with the all bug fixes you guys did. :confused:
PC Specs
=======
AMD FX 6300 6
Core  running @ 4.3 Ghz
Windows 10 64 bit
24 Gb DDR3 memory
750 Watts Thermaltake PSU
AMD R7 370  Graphics
Corsair Air 240
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I am Death Incarnate :mad2:
Sorry but.......You have a focus of a shotgun :P

2 things:

1. The Revenge_Translation.rar is the one for the standard FS2 with the modified root_fs2.vp. In this version, all these bugs you encounter aren't there.

2. The Revenge-Translation.rar is the one for SCP.

I recently updated both of them (2 or 3 days ago). I put both files into a separate thread but I think, it got pushed down by the new threads in this forum. But you should also be able to get the fixed files from the first post in this thread

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
like Maropolo in the Briefing is a Ulysesses.

This specific problem always happens when mods collide. My first guess would be that you have other mods installed and so the table files get screwed up

hi,
nope, i have check it, in the briefing in FRED is the class for the marco-polo not the marco-polo, its a ulysesses.
i think the orignal author doestn know that feature und doesnt choise for all mission the right class, only the right symbol for the briefing.
(if you hit the symbol in the briefing it will show you in a seperate window a 3D modell of the ship and the class, nice feature)

bugs FS2 - FSO: its seem that FSO not so failures tolerant is like FS2.
so that some bugs, doesnt show under FS2.
and i think some bugs in FS2 that are fix now, effectuate that the options other work.
maybe thats the reason why it work relatively correct but now in FSO any more.

@backslash: doesnt know that, that you had put a newer version of your tables in the archiv, ok i will download it.
to the mission 30:
if i start the mission, i see the sensor shadows of the Mjolnirs.
maybe theres out of range, but imho is the maximum range the same in FS2 and FSO (30000 meters).
but i think to chance position of the beams isnt bad idea.
i will test it if i have the time.
thx.

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.
attention: this english is dangerours and terrible, runaway so fast you can!

Offline Backslash

2. The Revenge-Translation.rar is the one for SCP.

I am ALMOST certain that this one will work completely for both versions.  The only thing in root_fs2.vp that is changed from retail is the ships and weapons tables, so all I did was extract the tables (and fix some typos).

Mehrpack is right, most of these bugs are problems with the mission files.  Some 'sort of' worked with retail (but 'should not have').  I'll take a look at what I can when I have time... but the priority is to the show-stopping bugs that don't let you finish the mission ;)

btw Mehrpack, I quite like your weapons.tbl changes; I can at least survive longer now  :lol:

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
[...]

btw Mehrpack, I quite like your weapons.tbl changes; I can at least survive longer now  :lol:

hi,
thats good news  :yes: :D.

anyway suggestion for some chance maybe?

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.

Offline neoterran

suggestion :

1.)The naming convention for the files isn't good. rename the SCP one to revenge_translation_SCP or similar.

2.)Update the first post with a link to it. Alot of us are using the SCP you know.

3.)There are newer weapons.tbl files in page4, consider using it.

4.)Clarify if we need both the modular table backslash posted around page 2 or not. (revenge-shp.tbm)
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
hi,
@neoterran: do you mean that weapon.tbl that i had postet a lot post above?

if yes, thats not newer, its only chance some of the turrets for the capital ships, so that they doesnt fire so fast and afar like in the orginal weapon.tbl.

this table is only experimental, to find a better difficault for the campain and lower the problem with the effect that the weapon limit are reach, and so you doesnt fire with your weapons.

but, if the most people think this talbe is ok, then i think, why not add it to the file.

another thing: i had write, that i suggest to replace some of the huge turrets of the orion to replace with flaks.
i have yesterday chance the turret02a until turret05a to ( "Standard Flak" "Long Range Flak" "Standard Flak" ).
look nice, work fine and i think so the orion II serve more there name.
but i havnt the time to test it in the campaign, that it doesnt chance the balance to much, but i think itsnt fall.

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.

Offline neoterran

Yes, okay, well this campaign is bloody hard, so I'm happy with an easier weapons.tbl.

There are some problems still in most missions during the briefing where the ships on the map have german names still.
Chief Grognard.

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
hi,
yeah, sometime i had want to bite in my desk, as i play revenge, thats really a campain that blow up the own ass out of the chair  :D

to the spelling errors: post a list, that will help to fix it.

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
the mission in which the Lucifer jumps in has a problem. You have to protect the Malevolence and Andro cruiser, but the lucifer's beam turrets fire on both of them, making it impossible to protect them because it is invulnerable and you also can't destroy the turret. Funny that the beam turrets on this Lucifer have the same graphical design as the FS1 ones.

hi,
do you mean the nebular mission, where you fly to the androterraner outpost?

if yes, normaly the lucifer will fire on the androterraner station and destroy it and will not attack the cruiser and the malevolence, if my memories are correct.

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
lol i was supposed to be helping translate this, completley forgot. Well Im off to play this.

EDIT
Ok one problem i seem to be running into, i successfully complete the objectives but at the end it keeps telling me that "I left without permission". But it still allows me to continue, must be something with the debriefing cues.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 06:30:49 am by Pilot Of The US »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
hi,
yeah, sometime i had want to bite in my desk, as i play revenge, thats really a campain that blow up the own ass out of the chair  :D

:wtf: What you say?!? :lol:

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
hi,
@Pilot Of The US: what mission?

@High Max: mhh look like the next warping out error of the marcopolo, but imho i think the lucifer doesnt attack the marcopolo and the andro cruiser or they warp out before the luci is done with the station.
but is a long time ago, that i have play this mission, over a year.

@goober5000:  :lol: damn my english.
mhh i think i would say, that revenge is so hard, that my ass exploded, and fly out of the chair, where i sit.
make this more sense :D ?

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
Ive only played the first 2 missions.

Offline neoterran

revenge is so hard, that my ass exploded, and fly out of the chair, where i sit.
make this more sense :D ?

Mehrpack

:( This is even more disturbing. Perhaps it was too many burritos and bad american beer to cause your ass to explode ?  :wtf:

The best way to say it is, "revenge is so hard, that it blew my ass right out of my chair!"

Anyway, if someone has the script for this game written in a text file, let me know. I'd be happy to go over it and correct and rephrase the english so it makes more sense. Currently some of the phrasing is grammatically correct, but it's not how an english speaker would phrase it (the "babelfish" effect, so to speak) and I'd be happy to go over all the briefings and correct them (I'm from england originally, and i've lived in the US for 20 years, so I can give it the correct Kings English approach while keeping american spellings)

It's good to stay away from "exploding" asses.  :lol:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 08:54:46 pm by neoterran »
Chief Grognard.

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey

:( This is even more disturbing. Perhaps it was too many burritos and bad american beer to cause your ass to explode ?  :wtf:

The best way to say it is, "revenge is so hard, that it blew my ass right out of my chair!"

[...]
It's good to stay away from "exploding" asses.  :lol:

hi,
i dont eat burritos and american beer can i here not buy, but i doesnt trink any alcohol.

that what i would say was like: that guy shoot my ass, but with more special effects *g*

but im glad that my crap is funny  :lol:

@Pilot Of The US: yes some missions have the wrongs debriefings or show the wrong debriefing.

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.

Offline Dan1

Mission 33: Hot Load
-page 2 main brief: "you fighters" = "your fighters" & "turbulences" = "turbulence"
-page 3 MB: "accross" = "across"
-Object names in mission brief are in german.
-page 1 mission brief: "techologies" = "technologies"

Mission 34: Last Hope
NONE

Mission 35: Steal the Fighters
-Directive is in german
-end mission brief: "participate" = "participating"

Mission 36: Taxi
-page 1 mission brief: "akready" = "already"

Mission 37: Wrong Front
-mission brief: "sekundary" = "secondary"
-end mission brief: "all data" = "all the data" & "conditiion" = "condition"

Mission 38: Anvil Falling Down
-page 2 main brief: "build" = "built"
-page 4 main brief: "have developed" = "have been developed & "9.000" = "9,000" & "2,7" = "2.7"
-page 5 MB: "idea to" = "idea how to"
-page 2 mission brief: "Is" = "With"
End mission brief: "wou" = "you"

NOTE: Nova bomb causes this level to crash when it explodes.

Mission 39: Big Surprise
-"10.000" = "10,000" (time index 03:16)
-"thatgiant" = "that giant" (time index 03:26)

Mission 40: The Beginning of all
-page 2 main briefing: "energues" = "energies"
-page 3 main briefing: "analize" = "analyze"

Seems to crash randomly in mission.  Not sure why.

Mission 41: The Transfer

Nothing wrong.

Mission 42:
-main briefing: "start" = "started"
-"we know" = "we'll know" (time index 00:06)
-autoamatically" = "automatically" (time index 00:39)
-"found" = "find" (time index 01:02)

Mission seems to crash randomly.
Cause what you got is what we need and all we do is dirty deeds!
-Best FS Campaign Theme Ever

Offline Backslash

Quote from: Mehrpack date=1144635597
Woo, force feedback extreme!  :p :lol:

The crashes, it's hard to track down why.  Some are problems with certain CVS builds, but some happen often (but not always, so harder to track down :mad:) no matter what version I try.  I swear some of these missions were not tested hardly at all by the original authors...

Clarifications:
The Revenge-Translation.rar (the one without root_fs2.vp) is NOT just for SCP; it works for both retail and SCP.  In fact in retail it is more likely to work well than the modded vp (because I fixed many typos).  So, yes please update the first post, or the file in the first post.

The modular table I posted earlier was before I finished fixing up the full ships.tbl file.  At this point you don't need the modular table.

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
Woo, force feedback extreme!  :p :lol:

hi,
yeah, :lol: thats rocks, but your health insurance will going insane ;).

The crashes, it's hard to track down why.  Some are problems with certain CVS builds, but some happen often (but not always, so harder to track down :mad:) no matter what version I try.  I swear some of these missions were not tested hardly at all by the original authors...

its was only one author were make the missions and story.

Clarifications:
The Revenge-Translation.rar (the one without root_fs2.vp) is NOT just for SCP; it works for both retail and SCP.  In fact in retail it is more likely to work well than the modded vp (because I fixed many typos).  So, yes please update the first post, or the file in the first post.

The modular table I posted earlier was before I finished fixing up the full ships.tbl file.  At this point you don't need the modular table.

but in that old of the first page, include your lastet version of the tables?

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.