Author Topic: Revenge: Final Conflict - translated  (Read 47829 times)

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Re: Revenge: Final Conflict - translated
in this mission you meet the first time the admiral and your later supreme commander, which are on the aeolus cruiser nelson.
the nelson are on the way to meet the titan and dock with it, so that they can warp out.
but if the nelson will try to dock with the titan, the nelson blow up and the mission failed.

That never happand to me. Mayby I'm just too good.  :nervous:

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
hi,
do you play with the new tables or orignal under FS2?

only with the new tables theres a bug, in the orignal in FS2 all running.

(sorry i forget to write that this problem only is with the new tables for SCP).

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.
attention: this english is dangerours and terrible, runaway so fast you can!

Offline Dan1

hi,
is the 5th mission first campaign.

there where you identify the traidor in your team.

in this mission you meet the first time the admiral and your later supreme commander, which are on the aeolus cruiser nelson.
the nelson are on the way to meet the titan and dock with it, so that they can warp out.
but if the nelson will try to dock with the titan, the nelson blow up and the mission failed.

This did not happen to me, I just did this mission 3x to be sure using the SCP compatible version and did not have this problem.  I did think it was going a bit slow and I turned up the time compression and the admiral ran into the malovelance cruiser, then corrected itself and went around it and docked with the titan like normal.  Maybe it's got something to do with not destroying your turncoat wingman/beams on the enemy vasudanc corvette fast enough I dunno.

-----------------------------------

a other thing.
i have think about the campaigns and the general balance.
the orignal author, modify the laser weapons on the capitalships so, that they have a range of 6000 meters with a higher firing rate as in the orignal FS2.
but they cause any problems.

1) the balance itself; its very hard to attack a great fleet of capital ships, for the AI its the difficult really high.

2) technical problems, the game seems to have a limit for laser fire, so are many capitalships and fighters in a mission, you cant fire your primary weapons.
you got only the sound of the weapons, but no visual and no reaction on the target.

I have noticed this too, but on other campaigns as well.  Also, I have only noticed this recently (although I've only been testing this campaign recently..) What I generally do is leave the mission, exit FS2 then go back in and this usually solves the problem.

so i suggest, put down the range of the lasers to 3500m or 4000m and slow down the firerate of this weapon to 50% of that was they have at the moment.
maybe 25% but i think we have to test ist.

Naw, after playing all the missions that are able to be played (barring the inaccessable ones that don't work) I can say that this would definitely kill a lot of the gameplay down the road.

i think that will make the balance in mission with many capital ships better and its difficault enough to attack a ship with maxim.
and i hope that now in the big mission the limit for primary weapons will not transgression.

I dunno what difficulty you play on but I've beat the majority of the campaign on normal..(wait till you get to test 2 and tell me you beat it on normal with that fire rate those leviathians have and you can't choose your loadout)   :mad:  Just lower the difficulty if you need to I guess.

Also, I am currently playing with the new tables as well with SCP and I have made it to level 9 so far which is past the one you're having problems with.

Mehrpack
Cause what you got is what we need and all we do is dirty deeds!
-Best FS Campaign Theme Ever

The problem with the weapons shooting by sound but not by sight is already known. The same thing happened to me when I played Derelict.

I'm not sure whats going on but in the 'Training Phase 1' (level 6 or 7) after you destroy the drones and the cruiser and all those ARES fighters warp in I decide to run so that I can survive for the set amount of time, I recieve the message from the instructor saying you've survived for the required amount of time you can now jump out so I do so only to get a debriefing saying i've failed the mission.
I feel like a one legged man, in ass kickin' contest!

When the time elapsed, you are set to invincible so you can destroy the fighters

Yeah i've done that now too and the mission still comes up as failed.... :eek:

Before you jump out, check the mission targets with the F4 Button. If the field isn't green, the mission isn't done yet

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
This did not happen to me, I just did this mission 3x to be sure using the SCP compatible version and did not have this problem.  I did think it was going a bit slow and I turned up the time compression and the admiral ran into the malovelance cruiser, then corrected itself and went around it and docked with the titan like normal.  Maybe it's got something to do with not destroying your turncoat wingman/beams on the enemy vasudanc corvette fast enough I dunno.

hi,
the vasudan corvette was to this time death in space, and before they was death, the beams was destroyed.
the only enemy in the sector was an enemy wing of fighters and bombers.
and then the nelson lost their 90% of the hull in 1 second and blow up.
no bombs was on the way, no beam firing, the nelson blow up and the titan warp out.

I have noticed this too, but on other campaigns as well.  Also, I have only noticed this recently (although I've only been testing this campaign recently..) What I generally do is leave the mission, exit FS2 then go back in and this usually solves the problem.

that problem isnt global, its only for missions.
if you start the next mission all is normal.
if you restart that mission you have that problem too.

i only noticed that problem in mission here in revenge.

Naw, after playing all the missions that are able to be played (barring the inaccessable ones that don't work) I can say that this would definitely kill a lot of the gameplay down the road.

i had play the whole campain, yes maybe other missions are too easy with that chance, but the global balance will better, and i thinks its not the problem to rebalance the other, now to easy missions.

I dunno what difficulty you play on but I've beat the majority of the campaign on normal..(wait till you get to test 2 and tell me you beat it on normal with that fire rate those leviathians have and you can't choose your loadout)   :mad:  Just lower the difficulty if you need to I guess.

Also, I am currently playing with the new tables as well with SCP and I have made it to level 9 so far which is past the one you're having problems with.

heh clam down.
i played the whole campain on december 2004, every single mission and i noticed that the balance in not every missions really smooth.
yes some missions are really nice with the difficult, some missions (later in the 3rd campaign are sometime a little bit to easy), but some missions are to heavy.

i will not say that im the best, but i have play a loot of campains and revenge is that one where i have the most time want to bite in my keyboard/joystick.

and how you noticed it a page ago, the fighter beamcannon is a little bit overpowered.
reasons (if i remember right):
1) they doent use the weaponenergy of the fighter/bomber
2) unlimited range, but definite over 3000m
3) crusiers begin to rotated (make it difficault for the weapons to hit you)
4) you can fire and fire and fire and fire ...
5) fighters/bombers are easy targets on long range

yes maybe im wrong with my suggestion to but down the range / firerate of the capital ships laser weapons, but it will dissolving some technical problems.

and for eg the missions where you attack the first lucifer with the marco polo and the andro-terraner, you doesnt can shot some.
you sit it that mission, can nothing do, only watch and cheat ...

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.

Offline Dan1

Yeah i've done that now too and the mission still comes up as failed.... :eek:

Try destroying all the fighters before you jump out and wait a second or 2 for the message. 

As far as the nelson mission, I just tried it again and it worked fine.  Dunno why it keeps blowing up on your missions.

As far as the missions where you fire and it doesn't register, I was just playing Derelict the other day and on the mission where the Naroylantotyp or however it's spelled is brought out of subspace the same thing happened where I fired at enemies and it had no effect so for me at least I told you how I solved the problem. 

As for the mission balance, eh, read the below statement lol I just deal with it really best I can and if that means turning down the mission difficulty so be it but I do see what you mean.

Also, naw, for me to get really mad at a campaign it would have to be on par with Jake War for that to happen (it seriously made me go ballistic, I broke my keyboard and threw my mouse across the room with this one)  :pimp:

ALSO more things inc:

Mission 10: Training 1
-page 4 mission briefing: ship names in german

Mission 11: Phase 2
-page 2 mission briefing: "wngs" = "wings"

Mission 12: Phase 3
-page 1 mission briefing: "possible.Is" = "possible. Is"
-in game directive "prtect" = "protect"

Mission 14: Phase 4
-In mission jumpnode in german

Mission 15: Arrival on the Marco Polo
-"the the" = "the" (time index 01:18)

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
Try destroying all the fighters before you jump out and wait a second or 2 for the message. 

As far as the nelson mission, I just tried it again and it worked fine.  Dunno why it keeps blowing up on your missions.

hi,
mhh which build do you use?
i use lastest build P4-6/3/2006.

As far as the missions where you fire and it doesn't register, I was just playing Derelict the other day and on the mission where the Naroylantotyp or however it's spelled is brought out of subspace the same thing happened where I fired at enemies and it had no effect so for me at least I told you how I solved the problem. 

maybe another bug, which cause the same problem.
because i havnt noticed that bug in this mission, as i played derelict.

As for the mission balance, eh, read the below statement lol I just deal with it really best I can and if that means turning down the mission difficulty so be it but I do see what you mean.

:ick: oppps, ****, sorry.
i understand that wrong, sorry.

yeah the testmission for the captain, are crap.
no really inventive, only like shot turkey and survice that.

btw what had you mean with level 9?

imho the missions difficulty only chance the damage of the fighters weapons, but not the damage of the capital ship weapons.
i havent noticed that the damage chance.

Also, naw, for me to get really mad at a campaign it would have to be on par with Jake War for that to happen (it seriously made me go ballistic, I broke my keyboard and threw my mouse across the room with this one)  :pimp:

hehe :D.
i doesnt broke my keyboard, but my desk became sometimes any hard hits  :lol:

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.

Offline Dan1

hi,
mhh which build do you use?
i use lastest build P4-6/3/2006.

maybe another bug, which cause the same problem.
because i havnt noticed that bug in this mission, as i played derelict.

:ick: oppps, ****, sorry.
i understand that wrong, sorry.

yeah the testmission for the captain, are crap.
no really inventive, only like shot turkey and survice that.

btw what had you mean with level 9?

imho the missions difficulty only chance the damage of the fighters weapons, but not the damage of the capital ship weapons.
i havent noticed that the damage chance.

hehe :D.
i doesnt broke my keyboard, but my desk became sometimes any hard hits  :lol:

Mehrpack

I'm not sure exactly what build it is but it came with 3.6.7 from awhile ago.  I haven't updated anything recently.
I dunno anything about lvl 9.  Did I say somethign about level nine?  Maybe it was a different level..not sure what you thought I was talking about.  It's 12:14 am right now and i'm too tired to read up on all my posts,  Point it out if you want and i'll respond to it.

Mission 10: Training 1
-page 4 mission briefing: ship names in german

Mission 11: Phase 2
-page 2 mission briefing: "wngs" = "wings"

Mission 12: Phase 3
-page 1 mission briefing: "possible.Is" = "possible. Is"
-in game directive "prtect" = "protect"

Mission 14: Phase 4
-In mission jumpnode in german

Mission 15: Arrival on the Marco Polo
-"the the" = "the" (time index 01:18)

Fixed

I managed to get past the nelson mission okay though i'm still having problems with the first captain training mission (level 10, my mistake I gave the wrong level number before), I intend to try what has been reccommended here and hopefully it will work.

Ok i've followed all the advice given and unfortunately the mission still doesn't allow me to complete I destroyed all the ARES fighters, drones and the cruiser and the objective in the F4 screen doesn't turn green. :confused:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 06:32:26 am by Paladin1 »

Offline Dan1

Ok well here's how i did it step by step.

I destroyed the junk drones quickly.  Then the fenris went down easily enough.

When the aries fighters jumped in I killed as many as I could before the time ran out.  I have not looked at the code but it might be that you have to kill a certaint # before you go invunlerable.  Then while I was invulnerable I quickly killed the rest and got the ok message to jump out.  If that doesn't work I dunno then.

More stufferz to fix

Mission 14a: The Portal
-page 5 main briefing: "this fighters" = "these fighters"
-page 6 main briefing: "secred" = "secret"
-page 5 mission briefing: "you are allowed" = "are you allowed"
-directives in german
-installation name in german

Mission 14b: On to gamma draconis
-mission brief: "Hamiltob" = "Hamilton"
-"out" = "our" (time index 03:13)

Mission 14: Scouting
-Directive should be "Scan Hellfire"
-Weapon Subsystem names are in german for the destroyers
-Nav bouy is in german
-end mission brief: "hekabd" = "Helan"

Mission 15: Thrust
-page 2 main brief: "mintues" = "minutes"
-page 3 MB: "togehter" = "together" & "exising" = "existing" & "all company" = "all companies" (near the bottom)
-page 4 MB: "companys" = "companies"
-page 7 MB: "analizing" = "analyzing"

Mission 16: Massive Defense
-end mission brief: "in future." = "in the future"

Yeah I know how to complete the mission but it just doesn't allow me to procede any further I also believe the mission is set so that you have to destroy 20% of the Ares fighters before the mission timer runs out. Ahh well i'll just have to try and fiddle with the mission in FRED and see if I can get past it that way.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Yeah I know how to complete the mission but it just doesn't allow me to procede any further I also believe the mission is set so that you have to destroy 20% of the Ares fighters before the mission timer runs out. Ahh well i'll just have to try and fiddle with the mission in FRED and see if I can get past it that way.

Nope. You're simply supposed to stay alive. To reinterate, fly in circles, and don't bother killing them.

Mission 14a: The Portal
-page 5 main briefing: "this fighters" = "these fighters"
-page 6 main briefing: "secred" = "secret"
-page 5 mission briefing: "you are allowed" = "are you allowed"
-directives in german
-installation name in german

Mission 14b: On to gamma draconis
-mission brief: "Hamiltob" = "Hamilton"
-"out" = "our" (time index 03:13)

Mission 14: Scouting
-Directive should be "Scan Hellfire"
-Weapon Subsystem names are in german for the destroyers
-Nav bouy is in german
-end mission brief: "hekabd" = "Helan"

Mission 15: Thrust
-page 2 main brief: "mintues" = "minutes"
-page 3 MB: "togehter" = "together" & "exising" = "existing" & "all company" = "all companies" (near the bottom)
-page 4 MB: "companys" = "companies"
-page 7 MB: "analizing" = "analyzing"

Mission 16: Massive Defense
-end mission brief: "in future." = "in the future"

Fixed

Is there an ETA for the release of the fixed version?

Nope. You're simply supposed to stay alive. To reinterate, fly in circles, and don't bother killing them.

Unfortunately for me it still didn't work, well i've past the mission now by deliberately failing it 5 times in a row. :rolleyes:  :lol:

Now that i'm further along I can say that this a great campaign and now i'm about to start chapter 2.