Poll

Is this mission good? (not including bugs; general plot)

Very good
0 (0%)
Good
1 (33.3%)
Average
1 (33.3%)
Bad
0 (0%)
Very bad
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: RELEASE: single mission  (Read 3713 times)

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
RELEASE: single mission
So, this is my first officaly released FREDed mission. Which is sad, because I am currently working on a campaing :nervous: . Here it is:

Sneaky!

V 1.00

Comments, questions, pointing out of bugs, critisizim welcome.

I hope you all like it!

EDIT: Ack! RapidShare was a bad choice! I wish FileH didn't explode...

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Re: RELEASE: single mission
Well right off it's an okay mission, although, I'd say it's a little too Battle of Endorish (although it may just be my system) and as a minor nitpick, remember that the demise of the Lysander is minor compared to the loss of the GTD Delecroix

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Speaking of the Delecroix, was that an Orion, or Hecate class destroyer?

Offline Nuclear1

Speaking of the Delecroix, was that an Orion, or Hecate class destroyer?

The Delacroix was never given a class, as it was only mentioned in the briefing to Slaying Ravana, IIRC.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

I will bet Hecate. The ravana took out the Delecriox and severely damaged the rest of the battlegroup, while taking little damge (as seen in Slaying Ravana). The Orion is better at Ship-to-ship combat, and considering that the Ravana didn't seem to have a battlegroup of it's own, it's probable that she had surprised it. Although an Orion would have done alot more the 6% hull damage then a Hecate.

Now I'm gonna download your mission and see how it is :)

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
I will bet Hecate. The ravana took out the Delecriox and severely damaged the rest of the battlegroup, while taking little damge (as seen in Slaying Ravana). The Orion is better at Ship-to-ship combat, and considering that the Ravana didn't seem to have a battlegroup of it's own, it's probable that she had surprised it. Although an Orion would have done alot more the 6% hull damage then a Hecate.

Now I'm gonna download your mission and see how it is :)

No, that's how it works in the actual game, however, in the Tech room and other plot sources the Orion is less effective than the Hecate.

If that is the case, then the Orion would have had the same chance a Hecate would have in "actual works". I see 2 sides to my theory:

1: Going with how things actually work, the Delecroix would have been a Hecate, judging by the reletive lack of damage done to the Ravana

*and the other side*

2: Going with the tech sheets, the Delecroix would have been an Orion, for same reasons above, only done on paper, as supposed to real life...... errrr, real game :)

On Topic: Just finnished playing (I think). It looks like one of my old missions for my shivan campaign. Does need either an RTB, or an explenation from command as to why the nav bouy is there (unless I missed something). Could also be somewhat longer. Other then that, it's a pretty decent mission. Lots of shooting, pretty backrounds, and some nice pocket flushing :) Keep it up!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
The Tech Room makes no mention of the Orion being less effective...just having fewer fighters.

I'd imagine they jumped in out of range and tried to close. And either Orion or Hecate would get murdered because they've got nowhere near the forward firepower needed.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
No the tech room says the Hecate is more effective

"More heavily armed than the Orion..."

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Has anyone here except for Mars played my mission? :nervous:

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....

Hmm well that maybe but I think the Orion is better, besides the Hecate is ugly at least if u ask me....

/Dice
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Just did a little more thourogh play testing. If you let the transports go you get this debreifing:

"You were not able to destroy all of the supply ships, but they were only there for a short amount of time, and it would have taken a mediocre poilt to destroy them."

Were you kidding? Or do you not know what mediocre means (which is fine) it means average. The tone of this is rather odd the Admiral is reassuring you that you still did okay, but then he calls you a bad pilot?

Another thing I noticed, you can order around the cruisers and corvettes, and that really kills the mission balance, I spent the entire mission moving away from danger and ordering wings and warships around, and the only objective I failed was <destroy the transports>. Also, you might want that one Elysium containing headz and the like, not to reveal its cargo untill you scan it.

Still a pretty good mission.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Crap! I knew I forgot something big like that, but I didn't know what it was!! (the orders for the corvette and cruisers)

(uh oh, the debriefing joke wasn't funny! *runs off and changes!)

*huff huff huff

What about the thing with the transport debriefing? :nervous:

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

The Tech Descriptions can't be taken seriously, you should know that by now. It makes the Myrmidon out to be the be-all and end-all, too.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
There are two different universes in Freespace, there is the plot, where the Ravana is a monster Shivan Superdestroyer that eats Orions, Hecates, and Deimos's for breakfast; where the Rakshasa is superior to the Aeolus and where the Artemis D.H. really is more advanced than the Artemis. Then there is the gameplay universe, where the Orion is better than the Hecate, the Ravana is a wimp with some strong beams on the very front and the Artemis is the same as its D.H. bretheren.

Come on folks, give the thesizzler some feedback, he's a better Fredder than I'll ever be (at this rate) and right now, all he has are mostly my comments.

That's everything with the transport debreifing, I was just saying that in mission the Lambda Elysium transport shouldn't have its cargo visible, for an effective easter egg, make the player scan it.

Come on folks, give the thesizzler some feedback, he's a better Fredder than I'll ever be (at this rate) and right now, all he has are mostly my comments.

*Orion vs hecate paragraph was here, removed for clarity for the on-topic.

On Topic: Just finnished playing (I think). It looks like one of my old missions for my shivan campaign. Does need either an RTB, or an explenation from command as to why the nav bouy is there (unless I missed something). Could also be somewhat longer. Other then that, it's a pretty decent mission. Lots of shooting, pretty backrounds, and some nice pocket flushing :) Keep it up!

Looks like I already did :)

BTW, I rate this mission as good. And as said in my quote: Keep it up!

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Well then that comment didn't apply to you  :D

It's just that the vast majority of comments here seem to be about the Orion Hecate thing

I rate this mission as good- for a first release, and an okay mission overall, compared to my attempted missions it's excellent.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
So there was no return to base command after the Yampo was destroyed, you can give orders to the Corvette and cruisers, scan the elysium, and the debreifing needs tweaking.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I won't be able to download sneaky because I use a mobile phone connection,and rapidshare reports problems about the IP.
I remain interested however in your mission,thesizzler.Can you send sneaky via e-mail a this address: [email protected] ?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]