Author Topic: RELEASE: Flames of War - Chapter 1 Demo (10 missions)  (Read 18534 times)

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Re: RELEASE: Flames of War - Chapter 1 Demo (10 missions)
I hope you get the Legion bug solved by the full release.

And as a side note, I don't really see the slightest reason to add new weapons into a campaign that takes place simultaneously with original FS2 campaign. Unless the pilot is some super-duper-extrasecret A-1 intel pilot, that is. Which doesn't seem to be the case in this campaign at all, so I don't see the point.

It's the missions that make the campaign, not the weapons used in them. The Legion model (when working) will be a nice touch, but otherwise the canon weapons should do well enough. They sure are enough for me in a campaign like this... :D

Of course, if the plot can fit other weapons in addition to the ones used in FS2 campaign, I'm definitely not against in any case.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Well, the squadron does get involved with the SOC in the last few missions... ups. I let part of the plot slip :o

IF I add a new fighter weapon it will be only one (a Stilleto#short is not counted as a new though)

This would be a good time to ask for supprt..

NEED MORE ORDINANCE!!!! *read: FREDers and testers*

I stil lgot a lot of testing to do and I feel like I have a gap in missions near the end (I could use 2-3 more missions).

Oh yeah, the Attack of Rear Admiral Kotlh on the 6th flett mission is scrubbed since I got too many of the "Oh noes! the NTF comes! Run!" missions anyway.

I'm still thinking wether or not to put in (and finish) the "Colossus blockading the Vage node" mission. It's a good show of just how usefull and powerfull this ship is (given that it pulverizes a whole shivan fleet!)
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I gove up!

I tried EVERYTIHNG and I can't fix that damn Legion Hulk bug.

Teh mass and MOI are exactly hte same, I re-did the docks and paths and STILL it happens!!!!!! :mad:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
i have a problem wish loading the mission hey seys atempt to load the mission

:welcome:

Do you mean you get a dialog box that says "Attempt to load the mission failed"?

This probably means you're using an out-of-date build.  This campaign requires FreeSpace Open.  Grab a more recent build and try again.  Try this installer:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,42854.0.html

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
I gove up!

I tried EVERYTIHNG and I can't fix that damn Legion Hulk bug.

Teh mass and MOI are exactly hte same, I re-did the docks and paths and STILL it happens!!!!!! :mad:

Any progress on this front since that burst of resignation? :D

Could the phenomenon be related to the problem discussed in this thread: Cargo spinning? That one seems to have been banished by changing some spline path vales from one to zero or something like that...
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Well I fiddled around a bit more. Havn't tested ti yet, but I think ti should work now.

I'll leave it to the Alpha testers.

I don't know if anyone still reads this thing, but if you do, can anyone help me in the "is not enough mission"? The fury always goes down, and then it just ends the mission and doesn't let me progress. Then once i tinkered around w/ the ship hitpoints and got the fury to live, but it just sat there after we destroyed the deimos, any ideas?
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
You got hte demo of hte full campaign?
Try downlading hte campaign files again.