Author Topic: Difficulty Damage scaling?  (Read 1860 times)

Difficulty Damage scaling?
Is it normal that I get 1/3 hull damage from a single round of AAA in a Perseus? I tried it on all dificulties but the damage dealt was always the same from very easy to insane, and I don't remember taking that much damage actually. I removed all previous pilot files and activated the "Use a different registry path" in the launcher but there's no change in behavior.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Difficulty Damage scaling?
Any mods active? FSO version?

Recent most nightlys (14th may, 23 june, SMAA test build). I'm trying one from early 2018 right now; I ran into the problem first with Eyebleach, which was supposed to be "super easy" but was one of the hardest campaigns I ever played. It came on regular things too, stats are the same as in retail.

I have the problem on the older builts (Feb 2018/with the old pilot code) too; with only retail files. Collision damage is fine like it used to be, refire rate is obviously different too.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Have you tried retail code, retail assets just to be 100% sure this is FSO behavior?

Damage dealt definitely shouldn't be flat across all difficulty levels, iirc. Nor should beam accuracy, I think.

I don't even have retail available at the moment; I deleted the exe long ago... :nervous:

I'm pretty sure that it's something broken in the registry. Years ago (2016) I had a fatal crash, after that many things didn't worked anymore. TTS wanted to read every text in German, neither the 5.5g nor the wxLauncher could fix it. I ended deleting the registry and was atleast spared from that, but since then it didn't work anymore. There were a couple other issues (pressing on 1 didn't work anymore what broke many campaigns, screenshots got overwritten as the counter started at 0 after every launch... I managed to fix that but a month or 2 this problem showed up.

I try to clean the registry of everything FS related; if that doesn't help I'll probably have to reinstall everything. :o