Author Topic: Ask a crew member  (Read 280348 times)

Hmm. I'm Curious...

Isa: I noticed the list, where would you rate the Trade Emergency Coalition, The Advent, or the Vasari from Sins of a Solar Empire?
What about the Hiigarans from homeworld 2? Where would rate them? What about the Robotech Expeditionary Force from ..well, Robotech? I know that the REF has laughable numbers, but the SDF class vessals would make a huge difference from my understanding.

And what about the united federation of planets? I'm only asking cause, while their ships might not look useful, good GOD can they move.
Heck, why not just throw in every race/faction in all science fiction while we're at it?

Here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aliens_in_fiction
http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=187922
http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=202548

Get to work

Considering her response to me. You might want to avoid irking her. I bet she's got a high powered rifle just for people who irritate her, and it probally creates big ****ing holes.
Hell. I wouldn't be surprised if she took a page from Doom and has a BFG 9000.

or Luna.

she gits her own category?

also dont be bothered by the hole elitist stuff

also Yaiceca.  want to go out for a drink and have a good time,  my treat.

i can promises you my intentions are noble and i would just like to git to know you a little better.

anyways you in?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 09:50:08 am by Hartzaden »

Offline -Norbert-

Considering her response to me. You might want to avoid irking her. I bet she's got a high powered rifle just for people who irritate her, and it probally creates big ****ing holes.
She refused to go along. No threats were made, so I'm not quite sure why you react that way.

Oh and I think the last three words in the quote above, should never be grouped together...

Offline Lorric

Hmm. I'm Curious...

Isa: I noticed the list, where would you rate the Trade Emergency Coalition, The Advent, or the Vasari from Sins of a Solar Empire?
What about the Hiigarans from homeworld 2? Where would rate them? What about the Robotech Expeditionary Force from ..well, Robotech? I know that the REF has laughable numbers, but the SDF class vessals would make a huge difference from my understanding.

And what about the united federation of planets? I'm only asking cause, while their ships might not look useful, good GOD can they move.
Heck, why not just throw in every race/faction in all science fiction while we're at it?

Here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aliens_in_fiction
http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=187922
http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=202548

Get to work

Hell. I wouldn't be surprised if she took a page from Doom and has a BFG 9000.

I doubt Cyrvans can use large weapons. Especially Isa, who looks small to me even for a Cyrvan. However, I wouldn't be surprised if she could whip out something the size of a compact cellphone that can reduce a terran to a pile of ash in one shot. In fact, no one's ever talked about close combat weaponry of the time so...

ANYONE: The more the merrier, can any of you either tell me about some of the close combat weaponry of this age, both in terms of guns and close up weaponry, or maye tell me about what weaponry YOU like to carry? Information about how the other races besides Terrans and Cyrvans fight with guns and up close would also be most welcome.

Offline Enzo03

Why would there even be a pile of ash left?
21:20:19   SpardaSon21: "hey baby, want to get a good look at my AC/20?
21:20:26   Spoon: I'd hit it like the fist of steiner

Some people are like Slinkies.  They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Good question...

I wonder if any Cyrvans have watched Doctor Who?

Offline Lorric

Why would there even be a pile of ash left?

Because ships in the game still go boom and leave debris. No atomising things just yet. :)

Good question...

I wonder if any Cyrvans have watched Doctor Who?

I've seen the new version, but not the old one, only a very, very little of it and the two films. What made you say that? I remember the one with the Daleks and the "disintegrator beam", but that was just a teleportation device mocked up to appear to be a disintegrator.

As for me, I was thinking more along the lines of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEXvsGe657Q

An all time favourite of mine...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 01:44:51 pm by Lorric »

Offline -Norbert-

ANYONE: The more the merrier, can any of you either tell me about some of the close combat weaponry of this age, both in terms of guns and close up weaponry, or maye tell me about what weaponry YOU like to carry? Information about how the other races besides Terrans and Cyrvans fight with guns and up close would also be most welcome.
May I direct your attention to this post for some of the answers you seek.

Offline Lorric

May I direct your attention to this post for some of the answers you seek.

Thanks.

As for you Wings of Dawn people, that's not an invitation to duck the question. I still want to know more! :)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
...and Kunoichi.

I've already made the case for being unseen being awesome to her several times. It means you can hit people and they don't know it, among other things.

Firespawn: Duck.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline qwadtep

Why doesn't the JGASF just get a proper stealth fighter for Kunoichi? Put her talents to use, rather than fielding Crystal or Misuzu every time somebody needs to blow up a reactor.

Kunoichi, what's the intelligence branch of the LSF called? Have you ever considered transferring to SOC?

Kunoichi would make a great spy to go into Cyrvan space.  Cyrva barely notice Terrans already, so Kunoichi would be even more invisible.

EDIT: I don't think the Cyrva have ninjas, so they'd never expect to face a master like Kunoichi.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline -Norbert-

Considering what happened in WoD1, I'd rather have someone capable and willing of piloting the other(s?) Prometheus frame, since Dawn refused to ever do that again.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Have you ever considered transferring to SOC?
I thought the JGASF were the SOC in this universe. They certainly carry the operations Special Forces would.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline -Norbert-

Have you ever considered transferring to SOC?
I thought the JGASF were the SOC in this universe. They certainly carry the operations Special Forces would.
The mainstay of the SOC are black-ops operations. Spying, sabotage, assasination and that kind of stuff. I think that's quite a different portfolio from what the JGASF does.
I'd even go so far to assume that the creation of the 1st JGASF was more politically motivated than an attempt to create an elite fighting force, though luckily for the LSF it did turn out to be one.

And it also showed how well the Terrans and Cyrvans can do, when they work together (even though the support from the side of the CSA was lacking quite a bit). Though some Cyrvans would probably take it as prove that even Terrans can do well, but only as long as they have a Cyrvan telling them what to do.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 03:53:02 pm by -Norbert- »

By saying Kunoichi would make a great spy, I'm saying she'd make a great spy for the LTW version of the CIA since she'd be pretending to be an ordinary, invisible civilian.  Doing black-ops special forces stuff like SOC is not what I had in mind.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
You know, I don't think we even need to have this conversation. She's probably the the scariest one there.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline qwadtep

You know, I don't think we even need to have this conversation. She's probably the the scariest one there.
Nah, Luna's the one to worry about in that regard. Poor Kunoichi tries to be social, she just doesn't have the presence to pull it off.

Offline Lorric

We might see some of that. I doubt it though. She's been Tempest's plaything for years.

Cheer up, Kunoichi. No one means you any harm.

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
good for you, dekker. best of luck that the next one shares your views on zods.

Crystal: is it possible to make shield-penetrating beams for your ships?
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!